How to Turn off Parental Controls on iPhone?
Turn off iPhone Parental Control Restriction
- iPhone Parenting
- iPad Parenting
- iPod Parenting
Apple is one of the most leading smartphone makers in the world. One of the best things about iOS devices is that they come with native parental control features. While it is quite easy to set up the parental controls (restrictions) on the device, they can sometimes tamper with its function. Also, too many times, by searching " how to turn off restrictions", kids learn how to turn off parental controls on iPhone secretly to bypass age restriction or other kid's protection settings.
Therefore, it is important to implement a more stringent technique to control their behavior. In this guide, we will teach you how to turn off restrictions on iPhone (the native feature) and use a third-party tool that monitors and prevent kids from turning off parental controls on iPhone instead.
Table of the Content
How to turn off Parental Controls on iPhone with Passcode?
If you created the passcode when you turned on parental control, you would need the passcode to disable the parental control feature. You need to go to your device settings and disable Content & Privacy Restrictions. In this way, you can turn off parental controls on the iPhone without losing your data. All you need to do is follow these steps.
Step 1. Go to Settings on your iPhone and click Screen Time.
(Note: The Screen Time feature is only available on iPhones running ios 12 and above. For the version earlier than ios 12, they can find the Restriction option on the Settings page. The following steps are similar to the Screen Time.)
Step 2. Click Content & Privacy Restrictions.
Step 3. You can switch off Content & Privacy Restrictions directly to disable all the settings. Or you can select the specific feature you want to turn off, like iTunes & App Store Purchase, Allowed Apps, etc., which will not affect the other settings.
Step 4. If you want to turn off all the Screen Time settings, find the Turn off Screen Time option at the bottom of the Screen Time page. Then fill in the passcode to disable all the settings.
In the end, all the saved restrictions will be turned off without causing any data loss on your device.
How to turn off iPhone Parental Controls without Passcode?
If you do not remember the Restrictions Passcode, then you might need to take some added measures to turn it off. The most hassle-free and fast way to turn off parental controls on the iPhone without the restrictions passcode is by factory resetting the device. As the name suggests, your device will be restored to its default settings. This will overwrite all the saved parental settings and make them void. Though, it will also delete the existing data and saved settings on your device as well.
For the iPhone running ios 12 and above, please follow this way to reset your iPhone:
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB.
Step 2. Click Trust when a popup asks you to trust the computer on your iPhone.
Step 3. If your computer is a macOS Catalina or later, start the Finder app on your Mac. If it is a Windows or earlier version of Mac, open iTunes app on your computer.
Step 4. Find your iPhone after the app launches successfully and click on it.
Step 5. Click the Restore iPhone button to get your iPhone restored.
It would be easier to get the version earlier than ios 12 restored. Just follow the below instruction to turn off the parental control on iPhone:
Step 1. Unlock your device and go to its Settings > General.
Step 2. Scroll a little and tap on the "Reset" option.
Step 3. Choose "Erase All Content and Settings" from all the provided options. This will factory reset the device.
Step 4. To confirm your choice, you need to provide your phone's passcode. Remember, this should be your phone's passcode and not the restricted password.
Step 5. In the end, just tap on the "Erase iPhone" button. Sit back and wait for a while as your phone would be restarted with default settings.
How can iPhone Parental Controls Restrictions help us?
The "Restrictions" option is a native feature on iOS devices, which can be used for parental control. Ideally, it can help you in the following ways.
- Parents can control the apps their kids can access on the device.
- You can put restrictions on crucial apps like Safari, Siri, App Store, and more.
- It can also restrict the installation of certain apps from the App store.
- The feature can also restrict the purchase of adult content like TV shows, music, and books.
- You can even add certain websites to the block list as well.
- Parents can even control their kids from playing multiplayer games and adding other users as friends on gaming apps.
- The advanced Parental Control feature that comes with iOS 12 can also be used to set time limitations on the device and apps. It comes with advanced content restriction features as well.
How to Prevent Your Child from Taking off iPhone Parental Controls?
Unlike iPhone restrictions, your kids can't simply disable the parental controls implemented by FamiSafe. Therefore, if you want to prevent your kids from turning off any parental control on your iPhone, then simply use FamiSafe.
Whenever they would surpass any app limit or would try to access any blocked content, they will get a relevant prompt on the device. To access it, they need to first request permission from parents.
The following video will show you the steps to set up parental controls on your kids' iphone 13:
The features Wondershare FamiSafe offers:
- App Blocker - FamiSafe also allows parents to set the app usage limit of the target. You can even check the app activity of your kids' phone usage and remotely block the dangerous apps for children.
- Web Filter - With FamiSafe, you can remotely block adult websites on your kid's phone. Easy to block harmful content such as gambling websites or porn.
- Screen Time Limit -Parents can set screen time limits and make sure kids can focus on important homework during study or have a nice sleep time.
- Suspicious Content Detection -YouTube on the target device can be monitored with the help of FamiSafe. Parents can set an alert word list and get an automatic warning at any time once kids watch adult or other dangerous videos.
- Multi monitoring with one account only $9.9 a month on android & iPhone
Simply make sure that your kids can't uninstall the FamiSafe app on their devices without knowing the password. To do this, you can just block their access to their device settings and prevent them from uninstalling FamiSafe from their device. As long as it is installed, you won't face any trouble implementing the parental controls.
Great! Now when you know how to turn off parental controls on the iPhone, you can understand how easy it is to bypass iPhone restrictions. To make sure that your kids won't be able to turn it off, use a reliable application like FamiSafe. It is packed with numerous advanced features and will make sure that your kids won't misuse their smartphones or access any inappropriate content behind your back.
What is FamiSafe, a comprehensive parental control software designed for parents to help parents solve the problems between their children and the digital world, click the link below, and follow it now!
- Web Filter & SafeSearch
- Screen Time Limit & Schedule
- Location Tracking & Driving Report
- App Blocker & App Activity Tracker
- YouTube History Monitor & Video Blocker
- Social Media Texts & Porn Images Alerts
- Works on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, Chromebook