Parental Controls - How to Lock Down Your Kid's iPhone
Lock Down Your Kid's iPhone
“How can I set parental lock on iPhone? I don’t want my kids to use social media so much, but can’t seem to find a reliable parental lock iPhone feature.”
Just like you, numerous parents out there also have the same concern. They wish to make sure that their kids won’t overly use their smartphone. In order to make it work, you can use a parental lock on iPhone. While iPhone has a native restrictions feature, it can’t lock a device remotely. Therefore, experts recommend using a third-party parental lock iPhone app to serve the same purpose. In this post, we will let you know how to meet your requirements in a hassle-free manner.
FamiSafe - The Best Parental Control App for iPhone
One of the best ways to implement parental lock on iPhone is by using FamiSafe. The app is compatible with all the leading iOS and Android devices. It provides extensive features that can help you monitor how your kids use their smartphone. Not just that – you can even restrict the device usage as well. Just visit the FamiSafe app on your phone and restrict or block the kid’s iPhone whenever and wherever you want.
- FamiSafe can be used to set strict time-based restrictions on the device.
- There is an intelligent schedule feature that can help you set flexible yet reliable schedules on the device related to a location or time duration.
- You can also block any app or website on the device.
- Besides setting up schedules, you can also set up screen limit for apps and the device as well.
- You can also track the real-time location of your kids.
- There is also a provision to view their past locations and get location alerts with its geo-fencing feature.
- Parents can also monitor the way their kids use the smartphone remotely.
- No need to jailbreak the device
How to lock your kid’s iPhone remotely?
As you can see, FamiSafe is a complete parental lock iPhone app that can help you in different ways. To start with, let’s learn how to set parental lock on iPhone remotely. In this way, you can lock the device when your kids are at the school, in bed, or while studying.
Step 1: Download the FamiSafe app
Firstly, you need to download the parental lock iPhone app on both the devices. You can visit the official website of FamiSafe or its App Store page to do it.
Once you have downloaded the app, launch it on your device and create your account. Sign-in to your account using the relevant credentials. You can also log-in to the app on your kid’s iPhone using the same credentials.
Step 2: Link both the devices
Now, on your device, you need to mark it as parent while on your kid’s iPhone, it should be marked as a child.
In addition to that, you also need to specify the type of device your kids have. In this case, it is iOS.
Perform all the needed steps to make sure that both the devices are now connected.
In the end, you can simply launch FamiSafe and enter any feature from its home.
Step 3: Set Intelligent Schedules on the device
As you know, FamiSafe has a dedicated feature that can be used to lock the iPhone remotely. To access it, go to its “Intelligent Schedule” option from the welcome screen and choose to set new restrictions.
Here, you can set the phone unavailability time. There is an option to set the unavailability duration (start and end time) on certain days of the week.
You can simply save a schedule from here. Also, you can switch between and even edit different schedules too.
There is also a feature to make the device unavailable at a specific location. To do this, enable the “setting up unavailable geography” feature. After that, you can specify a certain location where the phone would not work.
In the end, just save the changes you have just made. During the restricted duration, all the third-party apps, browser, and even App Store would not work.
Once you have added all the restrictions, you can simply turn them on or off with a single tap on your phone.
How to Set Screen Limits on Kid’s iPhone?
Besides setting up strict device unavailability and schedules, you can also set time-based restrictions on a device as well. If your kids are getting addicted to their phone, then you can simply apply parental lock on iPhone. For instance, if you just want your kids to use their iPhone for not more than 2 hours a day, then you can set 2 hours as the maximum screen limit. The FamiSafe parental lock iPhone can make it work. Parents need to set the screen limit on the target device. Once the screen limit is reached, the kids won’t be able to use the smartphone.
1. From the home page of FamiSafe, visit the “Screen Time” option.
2. Here, you will get an option to set screen time limits or lock the device.
3. To instantly disable the device, just tap on the “Lock Device” button. In this way, you can lock or unlock your kid’s phone remotely.
4. To further customize the parental lock on iPhone, tap on the “Set Screen Time Limit” option. Here, you can provide duration for the screen time.
During the blocked period, the phone will only have access to emergency features. Your kids won’t be able to access any third-party apps as well.
Whenever they would cross the respective screen time, they will get a prompt on their phone. During an emergency, they can request you to unblock the device.
We hope that after going through this guide, you would be able to learn how to set up this amazing parental lock iPhone app. FamiSafe is quite easy to use and comes with a free trial of 3 days as well. Afterward, you can just buy it for $9.99 a month. Compatible with all the leading iOS and Android devices, it is certainly a must-have app for every parent out there.
- iOS Parenting
- iPhone X Parental Controls
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 5 Parental Controls
- iPhone 4 Parental Controls
- Best iPhone Parental Control App
- Best iPhone Parental Monitoring App
- Top Parental Apps for iPhone 2018
- Setup Parental Controls on iPhone
- Parental Controls - Lock Download Your Kid's iPhone
- Turn off Parental Controls on iPhone
- Block Text Messages on iPhone
- iOS Restrictions: iPhone Parental Controls Overview for Parents
- iPhone Parental Control
- Best Parental Control Software for iPhone
- Best iPhone Tracking App for Parents
- Set up Youtube Parental Controls on iPhone
- FamiSafe - Best iPod Parental Controls
- iPod Touch Parental Controls
- Set Parental Controls on iPod
- Set Parental Controls on iPad
- iOS 12 - Screen Time and iOS Parental Controls
- The Best iOS Parental Control App
- Set a Screen Time Limit on Your Kid's iPhone or iPad
- Set Up iPad Parental Controls and Content Filtering
- Best Parental Control App for iPad
- Set Youtube Parental Controls on iPad
- Block Access to Adult Content & Websites iPad
- Turn on Parental Controls on iPad
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- Put a Parental Block on Android
- Put a Parental Block on iPad
- Block Apps on iPhone
- Block Facebook Apps
- Block Apps on iPad
- Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- Block People on WhatsApp
- Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- Block a Number on Whatsapp
- Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Parental Controls
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review