How to Put a Parental Block on Android
Parental Block on Android
How long do your children spend on their digital devices every day? If the national averages are to go by, this duration can range anywhere between four and seven hours per day, which is a huge amount of time, and more than capable if your children own devices of their own.
With this in mind, it’s easy to see why parents are worried about the type of content that their children are accessing while they are on these phones and tablets. While many will stick to games, they’re still able to access the internet and social media, which poses obvious dangers you need to be aware of. Some studies have shown that content like pornography and gambling are always two clicks away when browsing online, which content you obviously do not want your children accessing from a young age due to the mental health effects they can have.
Today, we’re going to explore the world of parental controls, most notably the content parental block features they can provide. This can ensure it’s impossible for your children to access harmful internet content, ensuring their safety, well-being, and happiness while online.
3 Ways to Put Parental Block on Android
There are multiple ways you can approach applying a parental block on Android devices. Below, we’re going to explore three of the easiest and most effective methods, so you can choose which options work best for you.
Method 1: Using Android Parental Control App
Easily the most effective and most versatile way of applying a content filter is using a parental control app. These are third-party apps that you can install into your Android smartphone or tablet which is specifically designed to give you the optimal level of control when it comes to applying a content parent block. For this, the best available is FamiSafe.
FamiSafe - The Best Android Parental Control App
FamiSafe is one of the most recent parental control apps to enter the industry, but it’s rapidly becoming one of the most popular due to its powerful features and simple user interface that can be used by any parent. Here are some of the features you’ll be able to enjoy;
- Website Monitoring & Content Filters
The most important feature here is the online content control features that FamiSafe has to offer. Most notably, you’ll be able to see all the internet history that your child has accessed on their Android device to see what websites they’re visiting. You can also apply web filters to block unsuitable content and block individual websites to stop your child from accessing them.
- Screen Time Tracking & Usage Control
FamiSafe also allows you to track the amount of time your child is using their Android device on a daily or weekly basis. You can also set time limits and set usage schedules. This means if your child is supposed to be in bed or studying, you can block access to the device completely.
- App Blocking & Activity Monitoring
In addition to online content, you can see which apps and what app content is being used on the Android device. You’ll also see what apps are being used the most, which apps are being installed and uninstalled, and how your child is using their social media apps.
- Real-Time Location Tracking with Geo-Fencing
Perhaps one of the most exclusive features of FamiSafe is the ability to track the real-time location of your child based on the GPS data from their Android device. You’ll be able to see their location on a map and set up geo-fenced safe zones using digital boundaries that will notify you if your child leaves this designated area.
How to Use FamiSafe
If you’re interested in setting up and using FamiSafe to apply your digital content parent block features on your child’s Android device, you’ll be surprised with just how easy this is. In fact, here’s a step by step guide on how it works;
After you’ve installed FamiSafe, open up the app to find yourself on the main menu. Tap the Web Filter icon (the bottom option).
On the next screen, you’ll be able to see the types of website and content that you’re able to block. You can toggle as many of these options on and off as you require to be necessary.
Tap the Exceptions tab, and you’ll be able to add and block access to individual websites as you require. Click the Add Exception button to add a new website.
Here, you’ll be able to choose whether you want to block or allow a certain website. Choose the option you require, type in the URL of the website, and tap Done to confirm the block. You’ll also be able to set up alerts that will tell you whether website access is attempted.
Method 2: Creating Restricted Profiles
If you want to use Android’s built-in restrictions service, you can do so with ease. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use it.
From the main menu of your Android device, navigate Settings > Users & Accounts > Users.
Tap the Add User or Profile button, then tap Restricted profile.
Now tap the New Profile option, enter the name of your child, and tap OK.
You can now select the settings, apps, and features you want your child to be able to access using the switches. When you’re happy with your selection, tap the Done button to add the new profile.
Method 3: Setting Up Parental Controls in the Play Store
The Play Store is Android’s store where you can purchase and download all kinds of content including apps, books, movies and more. Here, you’ll want to apply content restrictions, so your child cannot access inappropriate content. Here’s how to apply the parental block;
Open the Play Store from your main menu and navigate Menu > Settings > Parental Controls.
Tap the Parental Controls ON toggle to turn on controls.
You’ll need to add a PIN code to stop your child from changing the settings. You can then change the age-restriction limits and the type of content you want to filter. Confirm your selection to apply the parental block on Android Play Store.
As you can see, there are many options and solutions available you can use when it comes to applying a parent block onto your child’s Android device. While all of the solutions are effective, it’s clear that FamiSafe offers the broadest range of options you can use.
FamiSafe is compatible with both iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded for free from your respective app store. There’s even a three-day free trial to get you started, so you can see for yourself how effective this application is.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review