AT&T Parental Controls: Smart Limits, Family Map, and Their Best Alternative
AT&T App Review
If you have an AT&T family plan, then you can easily manage all the linked devices using its parental control feature. To make things easier for parents, the network provider has come up with dedicated AT&T parental controls. For instance, the AT&T Family Map can help you locate your loved ones while AT&T Smart Limits can help you control their device usage remotely. In this guide, we will provide a quick guide on these AT&T parental control apps so that you can use them without any trouble.
AT&T Smart Limits is one of the best parental control solutions, which is provided by any network provider out there. If your family has an AT&T postpaid connection, then you are eligible to access its features. It can let you remotely monitor and control the target device. Here are some of its amazing features:
- You can access the call logs on the target devices and block any number for incoming and outgoing calls.
- It can set time-based restrictions on device features like calling, messaging, etc.
- AT&T Smart Limits can also set purchasing limits for apps, games, music, etc. on iOS App Store and Google Play Store.
- Set limits on the number of texts your kids can send from their phones (so that they won’t spend their time texting too much).
- View their calling and texting activities remotely.
- AT&T Smart Limits generate weekly reports to help you gain insights into the device usage.
- Receive instant alerts for text messages and calls by providing certain keywords.
- Set WiFi reminders to help your family members switch from cellular to WiFi data easily.
- No need to root or jailbreak the device
- You can remotely monitor the data and set restrictions using its mobile app or desktop tool.
Pricing: AT&T Smart Limits come at a costing of $4.99 per month per line. Though, if you make a bulk purchase of 10 lines, it will only cost you $9.99 a month. This would include the Google Play and iOS App purchase as well. It comes with a 30-day free trial period.
Which devices support Smart Limits?
Since AT&T Smart Limits is compatible with all the leading Android and iOS devices, you won’t face any trouble using it.
You can download the AT&T parental control apps for iOS right here. It is compatible with all the iOS devices running on iOS 8.0 and later versions. Therefore, it supports all iPhone generations, including iPhone 4S and the newer devices. It is also compatible with iPods and iPads as well. This includes iPod Touch (5th generation) and later devices as well as all iPod models running on iOS 8.0 and newer versions.
The AT&T Parental controls app is also available for Android devices. You can download it from Google Play Store right here. The app is compatible with all the major Android devices. The exact compatibility would depend on the device. Though, if your device runs on Android 4.2 and later versions, then you won’t face any problem using the app.
Since there are a few other AT&T parental control apps, you can use some of their features as well. One of them is AT&T Family Map. By creating a Family Map account of a group, you can track the location of all the individuals. AT&T Family Map can help you track a maximum of 10 devices. Needless to say, they all must be AT&T network subscribers too.
- You can track the real-time location of the connected devices. This will help you check whether your kids are attending their classes or if they are safe.
- The tool will also provide real-time geofencing alerts. You can get alerts for their check-in and check-out.
- Your kids can get in touch with you instantly during an emergency.
- Through the app’s native interface, you can also have a personal chat with your kids.
- You can access their location from your smartphone (using its app) or by visiting its web-based dashboard
- The phone must be turned on and in a coverage area to obtain its location on AT&T Family Map interface.
- Compatible with every leading iPhone and Android model
- Subscription costs $9.99 a month
The Best Alternative to AT&T Parental Controls
Although AT&T parental controls provide reliable results, there are so many features that are missing. Your family members will always know that they are being tracked and can just switch off their phone whenever they want to get away with it. Also, AT&T Smart Limits doesn’t provide a foolproof solution to block apps or track the social media activity on the device. If you want to try a reliable parental control and monitoring tool, then give FamiSafe a try. It comes with tons of advanced features, making it a perfect alternative to AT&T parental control.
- With FamiSafe, you can track the real-time location of a device. Also, you can apply geo-fences to get real-time alerts.
- Furthermore, you can obtain the location history of a device to track their routes and previous whereabouts as well.
- You can also restrict the device usage by setting time-based limitations. It will lock the device and help you manage their time (for homework, bedtime, etc.)
- Parents can remotely block (or unblock) any app or website remotely.
- You can view the browsing history of their device. This will let you learn what your kids are thinking.
- You can monitor the device remotely through its Control Panel app or by simply visiting its app-based dashboard.
- The tool is extremely user-friendly. You can perform its setup without any prior technical experience.
- It is compatible with every leading iOS and Android device.
- No need to root (or jailbreak) the target device
Now when you know about all the popular AT&T parental control apps, you can certainly make the most of them. Also, if you are not happy with AT&T parental controls, then simply give FamiSafe a try. It is a highly sophisticated parental control and monitoring tool that will let you track your kid’s smartphone on a real-time basis. Create your free account and get to know about its major features in detail.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review