AT&T Parental Controls: Smart Limits, Family Map, and Their Best Alternative
AT&T App Review
If you have an AT&T family plan, then you can easily manage all the linked devices using its parental control feature. To make things easier for parents, the network provider has come up with dedicated AT&T parental controls. For instance, the AT&T Family Map can help you locate your loved ones while AT&T Smart Limits can help you control their device usage remotely. In this guide, we will provide a quick guide on these AT&T parental control apps so that you can use them without any trouble.
AT&T Smart Limits is one of the best parental control solutions, which is provided by any network provider out there. If your family has an AT&T postpaid connection, then you are eligible to access its features. It can let you remotely monitor and control the target device. Here are some of its amazing features:
- You can access the call logs on the target devices and block any number for incoming and outgoing calls.
- It can set time-based restrictions on device features like calling, messaging, etc.
- AT&T Smart Limits can also set purchasing limits for apps, games, music, etc. on iOS App Store and Google Play Store.
- Set limits on the number of texts your kids can send from their phones (so that they won’t spend their time texting too much).
- View their calling and texting activities remotely.
- AT&T Smart Limits generate weekly reports to help you gain insights into the device usage.
- Receive instant alerts for text messages and calls by providing certain keywords.
- Set WiFi reminders to help your family members switch from cellular to WiFi data easily.
- No need to root or jailbreak the device
- You can remotely monitor the data and set restrictions using its mobile app or desktop tool.
Pricing: AT&T Smart Limits come at a costing of $4.99 per month per line. Though, if you make a bulk purchase of 10 lines, it will only cost you $9.99 a month. This would include the Google Play and iOS App purchase as well. It comes with a 30-day free trial period.
Which devices support Smart Limits?
Since AT&T Smart Limits is compatible with all the leading Android and iOS devices, you won’t face any trouble using it.
You can download the AT&T parental control apps for iOS right here. It is compatible with all the iOS devices running on iOS 8.0 and later versions. Therefore, it supports all iPhone generations, including iPhone 4S and the newer devices. It is also compatible with iPods and iPads as well. This includes iPod Touch (5th generation) and later devices as well as all iPod models running on iOS 8.0 and newer versions.
The AT&T Parental controls app is also available for Android devices. You can download it from Google Play Store right here. The app is compatible with all the major Android devices. The exact compatibility would depend on the device. Though, if your device runs on Android 4.2 and later versions, then you won’t face any problem using the app.
Since there are a few other AT&T parental control apps, you can use some of their features as well. One of them is AT&T Family Map. By creating a Family Map account of a group, you can track the location of all the individuals. AT&T Family Map can help you track a maximum of 10 devices. Needless to say, they all must be AT&T network subscribers too.
- You can track the real-time location of the connected devices. This will help you check whether your kids are attending their classes or if they are safe.
- The tool will also provide real-time geofencing alerts. You can get alerts for their check-in and check-out.
- Your kids can get in touch with you instantly during an emergency.
- Through the app’s native interface, you can also have a personal chat with your kids.
- You can access their location from your smartphone (using its app) or by visiting its web-based dashboard
- The phone must be turned on and in a coverage area to obtain its location on AT&T Family Map interface.
- Compatible with every leading iPhone and Android model
- Subscription costs $9.99 a month
The Best Alternative to AT&T Parental Controls
Although AT&T parental controls provide reliable results, there are so many features that are missing. Your family members will always know that they are being tracked and can just switch off their phone whenever they want to get away with it. Also, AT&T Smart Limits doesn’t provide a foolproof solution to block apps or track the social media activity on the device. If you want to try a reliable parental control and monitoring tool, then give FamiSafe a try. It comes with tons of advanced features, making it a perfect alternative to AT&T parental control.
- With FamiSafe, you can track the real-time location of a device. Also, you can apply geo-fences to get real-time alerts.
- Furthermore, you can obtain the location history of a device to track their routes and previous whereabouts as well.
- You can also restrict the device usage by setting time-based limitations. It will lock the device and help you manage their time (for homework, bedtime, etc.)
- Parents can remotely block (or unblock) any app or website remotely.
- You can view the browsing history of their device. This will let you learn what your kids are thinking.
- You can monitor the device remotely through its Control Panel app or by simply visiting its app-based dashboard.
- The tool is extremely user-friendly. You can perform its setup without any prior technical experience.
- It is compatible with every leading iOS and Android device.
- No need to root (or jailbreak) the target device
Now when you know about all the popular AT&T parental control apps, you can certainly make the most of them. Also, if you are not happy with AT&T parental controls, then simply give FamiSafe a try. It is a highly sophisticated parental control and monitoring tool that will let you track your kid’s smartphone on a real-time basis. Create your free account and get to know about its major features in detail.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension