How to Set Parental Controls on Samsung Tablet
parental controls on samsung tablet
Samsung is no doubt one of the leading names in the smartphone industry and has stormed the market with its production of the larger screen and increased functionality smartphones known as tablets. These tablets can be used by children for learning, accessing social media platforms, games, familiarizing themselves with the Internet and so on. This is an important reason as to why parents need to adopt the Samsung Galaxy tablet parental controls to help prevent kids from addiction and distraction.
Parental controls on Samsung tablets can be activated and used in quite a number of ways, some of which we would be looking into during the course of this write-up.
Best 5 Samsung Galaxy Tablet Parental Controls
Parental control on Samsung tablet is way easier these days. Samsung has a few parental control features of its own embedded in their tablets. However, the availability of Google Play store where developers post millions of apps for Android devices gives users a wide range of options to choose from. But not all these apps which are seen on Play store actually deliver as promised, so here are 5 of the best Samsung Galaxy tablet parental controls apps to choose from.
Talk of a fully functional app that does exactly what it has promised- FamiSafe is one of the most reliable Samsung Galaxy tablet parental controls apps. This app produced by Wondershare is one of a kind and with its simple user interface is easily usable by all without any special geeky computer knowledge or application expertise. FamiSafe is easy to install and also set up for active monitoring and parental control without wasting time. The simplicity and easy usage of this app do not in any way take a toll on its level of functionality. Once the app has been installed on the tab to be monitored, all parental control settings and features can be used remotely without having to be in contact with the Samsung Galaxy tab being monitored.
It is also available for free download on the Google Play store to take a 3 days free trial of all its features.
- Real-time location feature to track the current location of the monitored device per time on a map
- Location history shows where the monitored device has been with the time frame
- Geo-fencing constructs a virtual geographical boundary and sends a push notification to the parent’s phone when the boundary has been exceeded
- Monitors app usage by showing when each app was launched and how long it was active
- Block apps that might be distracting or addictive to kids
- Web filter to prevent access to the certain website based on content categories
- Web history displays the browser activity of a device showing visited websites and time of visit.
- Screen time reports the total time kids spends using their phones and can also set a timer for the total number of screen time permitted by parents.
- The Smart Schedule allows parents to set smartly triggered restrictions.
Google Play download link.
2. FUNAMO ACCOUNTABILITY
FUNAMO is one of the few popular and effective apps for parental control on Samsung tablet developed by Funamo, Inc. This app helps to monitor and introduce parental control on Samsung tablets to prevent children distraction. It includes an Internet filter in its features to keep children safe when accessing the internet as well.
- Monitor device activities
- Filter web browsing and block websites
- Logs device activities such as calls, SMS and web history
- Enforce safe search on specified websites
- Set time limit for applications
Google Play downlaod link.
3. KIDS PLACE
Description: Kids place as the name implies is an app that is meant to be a parental control app for kids being controlled by the parent and safe with a pin. Kids can only make use of apps already approved by their parents on their tablets.
- Locking with a pin code
- Prevent access to calls, texting and downloading of apps
- Block incoming calls
- Disable internet access
Google Play download link.
4. SCREEN TIME PARENTAL CONTROL
Description: Just as its name implies, this app is majorly for families and parents to monitor and manage the time their kids spend on their tablets. It is controlled via any browser on the phone.
- Monitor how much time is spent on the device
- See specific apps being used and for how long
- Instantly pause the monitored device remotely
- Restrict phone activities and set a specific day time limit.
- Block all activities at bedtime
- Block specific apps at certain scheduled times
Google Play download link.
Description: MMGuardian is one of the parental apps with an impressive layout and functional features. It not only monitors the target device but also gives daily reports.
- Monitor Calls and texts
- Web filter and safe browsing
- Screen time and screen control
- Location of the device via GPS
- Block apps
- Detailed app usage reports
Google Play download link.
How to set up parental controls on Samsung tablet using FamiSafe?
Setting up FamiSafe for use as a parental control on Samsung tablet is as easy, simple and straightforward as it could get. It can be carried out by anybody with the basic computer and smartphone knowledge.
Simply follow a few steps to setup FamiSafe on your Samsung Galaxy tablet and start accessing its functional parental control features.
Step 1: Download and install FamiSafe from Play Store.First of all, to add FamiSafe to the Tablet, head to Google Play Store and search for “FamiSafe” in the search bar, once you see the right icon, click on it and tab on install. The app should be available on the tablet in no time. Do the same to the device from which you wish to monitor the tablet by downloading and installing FamiSafe on it as well.
Step 2: Sign up or Register for a FamiSafe account.
Once the app has been downloaded on both devices, pick any one of them, launch the app and click on register. You will be requested to enter your email and also create a login password, simply enter this information and hit “Sign up button”. Your account will immediately be created and then you are good to go.
Step 3: Log into the Samsung Galaxy Tablet.
In order to start issuing parental controls on the Samsung Galaxy tablet, launch the already installed app on it and then click on the “Log in” button. Enter the credentials you just used in creating an account to log in. After a successful login, you will be asked to choose the tablet usage, either as “Parental” or “Kid”, simply select kid. When prompted ensure that you grant the app Administrative permissions to ensure it can function well and can access information from the device. Once the necessary permissions have been granted, you are good to go with parental control features.
Step 4: Start Setting Parental control
You can now open the device that is to be used to monitor the Samsung galaxy tablet and start setting up parental control features remotely.
Parental controls on Samsung Galaxy tablet is extremely easy with the use of FamiSafe parental control app. Parents can now monitor their kid’s phone activity at any time and anywhere remotely. FamiSafe is available for free download from both Google play store and Apple Store for a free trial.
- Android Parenting
- Set Parental Controls on Tablets
- Use Android Parental Controls
- 10 Parental Control Apps for Android Devices
- Best Android Parental Control Apps for Your Kids
- The Best Android Parental Control App
- 5 Great Free Android Parental Control Apps
- Parental Control for Android Tablet
- Put Parental Controls on Android Phone
- Best Parental Apps for Android Phones and Tablets
- Set Parental Controls on Samsung Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Parental Controls
- Mobile Tracker
- 5 Ways to Track A Phone
- Top 10 Best Mobile Location Tracker
- Top 10 Car Tracker You Need to Know
- Top 10 Tracking Devices & Apps for Kids
- Top 10 Child Tracking Devices Parents Need to Know
- 3 Ways to Track Mobile Location
- Top 10 iPhone Tracker in 2018
- 5 Ways to Track A Cell Phone Location for Free
- Top 10 Mobile Tracker App & Services to Track A Phone
- Top 10 GPS Tracker for Kids
- Top 10 iPhone Monitoring Software Parents Need to Know
- 10 Best Free Android Monitoring Apps to Monitor Your Kids
- 10 Best Phone Monitoring Apps Parents Can't Miss
- Monitor Phone Activity on Andriod and iPhone
- Top 10 GPS Phone Trackers for Parents
- Top 10 Free Mobile Trackers You Can't-Miss!
- Top 10 Android Tracking App You Need to Know
- Child Monitoring
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android