iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Parental Controls
parental controls on iphone
Imagine, you get a call from your son's lecturer that he has not been to the college on a particular day and it's not the first time it happened. He spends most of the time on his new iPhone 6 due to which his score in semesters has gone low. You are a businessman with a busy schedule and so how can you parent your son and monitor him always? Well, if you relate this problem to your life, I am sure you know what I am referring to. Today's generation of teens spends more time on smartphones with their online friends. Hence, it is very important to monitor them using any useful resource like a parental control for iPhone. So, this article will give you solutions to the above-stated problem that every parent of today faces.
FamiSafe - The Best Parental Control App for iPhone 6
Parenting is a relentless job that needs continuous care and observation. Moreover, if your child has an iPhone 6 in hand, then it is obvious to be more cautious as it comes with so many attractive features that might lure and make the child addicted. For such a wonderful iPhone device, you need a powerful iPhone 6 Parental Control app, which is called FamiSafe. It not only keeps an eye over the online movements of your child, for example, if your child is visiting illegal websites, trying to use restricted apps but it can also stop access to them with its time limit feature. Besides that, you can also track the location of your child and loved ones to ensure the safety of the family.
Features of FamiSafe
Some of the features that exclude FamiSafe from others are as follows:
- Screen time tracking and control
In these days, kids use smartphones for hours without even realizing and hence are very easily diverted from their studies, affected by insomnia and other sleeping problems. With the help of FamiSafe, you can set screen time limits and when the time exceeds, the application restricts the use of the phone for the fixed time duration set by you.
- Web History
You can now view the browsing history of websites that are viewed by your kids and its usage duration with exact time stamps.
- Content or Web Filtering
FamiSafe has a feature known as web filter where you can filter and block illegal or harmful websites for your kids. Instead, you can allow them access to useful websites related to career, education, family, and health.
- Location Monitoring
Location Monitoring feature enables you to find the exact location of your children at any point in time, you can see that on the map.
- App Blocking
App Blocking feature comes useful when you are worried about excessive usage of a particular app. With it, you can simply block the app to avoid access or give them limited access.
This way, FamiSafe acts as a perfect flexible remote parental control application for iPhone with personalized settings that allows you to monitor your kid easily.
Note: FamiSafe supports all versions of iPhone starting from iPhone X/8/7/6 and hence it is recognized as the best parental control app for iPhone 6.
How to set parental controls on iPhone 6 using FamiSafe?
If you want to know how to set the parental controls on iPhone 6 using FamiSafe, then you just need to follow the steps below.
Step 1: To start with, download and install the FamiSafe application from the App Store. You must install it in both parent and kid's phone to continue.
Step 2: Once the installation is done, choose the type of identity i.e., Parent or Child. It is because there are different portals for both the identities.
Step 3: Now proceed with the registration process. You can perform the registration on either of the devices (as it is applicable to both).
Step 4: After accepting the agreement process, on the kid's device fill out the details to complete the process such as age or name. Then it will ask for permission, simply grant it.
Now, on parent's device, add your child's device by choosing iOS in this case.
After that, connect your device to the child's device.
Step 5: Click on “Next” button and you will be directed to the portal from where you can start monitoring your kid by clicking the options one-by-one. You can monitor the child's location, kid's iPhone usage, restrict your child's access to inappropriate websites and apps, lock games, and other apps during breaks and study time.
How to set up parental controls on iPhone 6 with restrictions
Being an iOS user, I am sure you must be aware that iPhone also comes with its own inbuilt parental controls feature called “Restrictions”. Thus, you can also take the help of iPhone's own parental control feature to restrict your kids from malware and other dangerous activities.
Step 1: For implementing parental control in iPhone 6, you should go to Settings, then visit the General Settings and click on “Enable Restrictions” button from available options.
Step 2: You will be asked for a password for security purpose to review details and to change the Settings and Restriction options later.
Step 3: Additionally, in iPhone 6, you can restrict your kids from using built-in applications (such as FaceTime, Safari etc.) from the phone by enabling some of the applications from the restrictions section.
Step 4: If your kids are excessively addicted towards games and other applications like TV shows, you can also add them to your restriction section by clicking on “Settings> General> Restrictions”.
Step 5: To safeguard your other applications like Contacts, Photos, Video and Media Files from strangers and others, you can execute, Settings> Restriction> Privacy option.
Stronger iPhone Parental Control with iOS 12
With its new version of iOS 12, Apple has come up with stronger parental control features such as Screen Time, App Limits and Downtime. All these new parental control features have been introduced with a view to keeping a better control over the usage of your device.
To understand the iPhone 6 Parental Control with iOS 12 in a better way, here are the exclusive details:
Set App Limits
One of the amazing iOS 12 parental control is the App limit that restricts the usage of specified applications from Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram after a particular time limit.
Downtime access restriction
With the new Downtime feature, parents can restrict the access on the device leaving the important ones such as phone, messages.
Review what apps use by the kids
Screen time is one of the most wonderful iPhone parental control applications available in iOS 12 where you can review the apps that are used by your kids and also the duration up to which they were used.
Note: In order to activate the parental control in your iPhone using iOS 12, go to the “Settings” option.
Now, let us see how you can use the new parental control features of iOS 12
Visit ScreenTime and there you will see all the details about site usage time, average usage, most used app. From here you can set the ScreenTime limit by visiting Always Allowed where you can add or remove the particular app or items from the list
To Execute App Limits
On the left panel, you will have various options like Downtime and App limits. Execute the following option to execute the App Limits.
Settings& Screen time& App Limits& Add
On the right panel, you can choose the Applications that can be allowed and that has to be blocked.
On the other hand, to restrict the usage of apps to a pre-defined time, you can use downtime control by executing, “Settings> Screen time> Downtime” option.
Well, to conclude, I hope you will find this article helpful as far as your parenting job goes and you would as per our suggestion use FamiSafe which is the best iPhone 6 parent control application. You, as a parent, can now relax as you will be able to restrict your kids from entering into harmful Internet zones with the help of the parenting tools available with FamiSafe. FamiSafe is available for both Android and iOS devices and you are free to download its trial version for a quick check. So, for what are you waiting for, download it today for the better future for your child tomorrow.
- iOS Parenting
- iPhone X Parental Controls
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 5 Parental Controls
- iPhone 4 Parental Controls
- Best iPhone Parental Control App
- Best iPhone Parental Monitoring App
- Top Parental Apps for iPhone 2018
- Setup Parental Controls on iPhone
- Parental Controls - Lock Download Your Kid's iPhone
- Turn off Parental Controls on iPhone
- Block Text Messages on iPhone
- iOS Restrictions: iPhone Parental Controls Overview for Parents
- iPhone Parental Control
- Best Parental Control Software for iPhone
- Best iPhone Tracking App for Parents
- Set up Youtube Parental Controls on iPhone
- FamiSafe - Best iPod Parental Controls
- iPod Touch Parental Controls
- Set Parental Controls on iPod
- Set Parental Controls on iPad
- iOS 12 - Screen Time and iOS Parental Controls
- The Best iOS Parental Control App
- Set a Screen Time Limit on Your Kid's iPhone or iPad
- Set Up iPad Parental Controls and Content Filtering
- Best Parental Control App for iPad
- Set Youtube Parental Controls on iPad
- Block Access to Adult Content & Websites iPad
- Turn on Parental Controls on iPad
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- Put a Parental Block on Android
- Put a Parental Block on iPad
- Block Apps on iPhone
- Block Facebook Apps
- Block Apps on iPad
- Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- Block People on WhatsApp
- Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- Block a Number on Whatsapp
- Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Parental Controls
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review