How to Block Text Messages on iPhone
Block Text Messages on iPhone
- iPhone Parenting
- iPad Parenting
- iPod Parenting
Too many times, we receive messages from unknown numbers and spam on our phones. Also, sometimes we wish to stop receiving messages from a certain individual as well. If you are a parent, then you should make sure that your kids would only receive messages from the people they know. In this case, you need to learn how to block messages on your iPhone and filter senders as well. In this guide, we will teach you how to block messages on iPhone as well as on third-party messaging apps.
How to block text messages or iMessages on iPhone in different situations?
There could be different scenarios when we wish to block messages on iPhone. For instance, you can block a specific contact, filter senders, or block a WhatsApp contact. We have covered all these different cases right here.
Case 1: Block a specific user
Mostly, we wish to block a specific person so that we would no longer receive their messages. If you also have the same requirements, then you can just open their messages and go to the block feature. Once the user is blocked, they can no longer message you. In the same way, you won't be able to contact them as well. To block message on iPhone, follow these steps:
1. To start with, go to the Messages app on your device and open the message from the user you wish to block.
2. On the top right corner, tap on the more information (“i”) icon.
3. Go to the profile of the user and scroll all the way back down. Here, you can find an option to block the user. Just tap on it.
4. Confirm your choice by tapping the “Block Contact” button. Afterward, the contact won't be able to send messages to you.
Case 2: Block multiple users
To block messages on the iPhone from a single user, you need to visit their profile individually by following the above-mentioned steps. Though, if you wish to block multiple users on your device, then you need to go to its settings. In this way, you can stop numerous contacts from sending messages to you. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
1. Unlock your device and go to its Settings > Messages.
2. From all the options provided under the Messages settings, tap on the “Blocked” button.
3. Here, you can view a list of all the contacts that are blocked. To add a contact to the list, tap on the “Add New” button.
4. Simply specify the contacts from your list that you wish to block. Once you have added them to the block list, save it, and exit the settings.
That's it! In this way, you can add multiple users to your block list and stop them from contacting you.
Case 3: Block Spam messages
Truth to be told – all of us get irritated by spam messages all day long. Though, the good news is that you can easily block these messages with a single tap. To block the sender, simply open the message thread on your device and visit its details. Scroll down and block the sender. Similarly, you can block other spammers as well.
Case 4: Filter Unknown Senders
Apple also provides an amazing feature to filter unknown senders on our device. If the feature is turned on, then the Message app on your device will make a dedicated tab for Unknown Senders. Here, it will automatically filter the messages from contacts that are not saved on your device. The feature is mostly used by parents to filter messages from strangers on their kid's iPhone.
1. To filter messages on your device, go to its Settings > Messages.
2. From all the provided options, toggle on the “Filter Unknown Sender” options.
3. Now, on your Messages app, you can see a separate option for Unknown Senders.
Case 5: Block WhatsApp Messages
These days, people commonly use messaging apps like WhatsApp to talk to each other. After learning how to block messages on the iPhone through its native settings, you should also know how to do the same on WhatsApp. Since the app is quite user-friendly, you won't face any trouble blocking a user.
Whenever you wish to block a user on WhatsApp, just open their messages and go to their profile. You can also go to more options from here to view their profile as well. Scroll a little and tap on the “Block” option.
Afterward, they won't be able to send messages to you or see your updates like profile picture or status.
How to unblock someone?
By following the above-stated suggestions, you can easily block messages on your iPhone. However, there are times when we wish to unblock a contact on our phone as well. To do this, follow these steps.
1. Go to your phone's Settings > Messages > Blocked.
2. Here, you can see a list of all the blocked users. Tap on the Edit button to make any changes.
3. Now, you can remove a person from the block list by tapping on the remove (red minus) icon. Alternatively, you can also swipe the contact towards the left side to delete them from the block list.
FamiSafe - The Best Parental Control App for iPhone
While blocking a user from getting in touch with your kids can certainly help you, there are plenty of other things that you need to take care of as well. If you are a concerned parent, then you should certainly take the assistance of FamiSafe. A complete parental control app, it will help you monitor and control the way your kids use their smartphones. Here are some of its features.
- Web Filter & SafeSearch
- Screen Time Limit & Schedule
- Location Tracking & Driving Report
- App Blocker & App Activity Tracker
- YouTube History Monitor & Video Blocker
- Social Media Texts & Porn Images Alerts
- Works on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Kindle Fire
A Reliable and Handy Parental Control App
- Location Tracking & Geo-fencing
- App Blocker & Web Filtering
- Web Filtering
- Screen Time Control
- Smart Parental Control Setting
- FamiSafe has a real-time location tracker to help you get the live location of your kids.
- You can also set geofences on the device and check the past location records too.
- With its activity monitor feature, you can even track how your kids use their smartphones remotely.
- There is also a provision to block websites and apps on the phone.
- You can also set screen limits on the device and set strict schedules as well.
- With its content blocking feature, you can make sure that your kids won't access any inappropriate content.
- No need to root or jailbreak the device.
While FamiSafe can't block messages, it comes with tons of amazing features, making it an essential parental control app for iPhone and Android. You can try it for free by visiting its Google Play Store or App Store page. Go ahead and give it a try and always keep track of your kids remotely.