How to Block Access to Adult Content & Websites on iPad
safari parental controls ipad
Pornography is a big problem for those of us who have children. Since smartphones and tablets have become a major part of our children’s lives, especially from a younger age, it’s easier than ever for them to find themselves on websites that offer adult content.
Of course, the studies clearly show that this can be a problem. Access to adult content, including gambling sites and violent material, has been proven time and time again to affect the mental well-being of children whose minds are still developing.
This can cause problems from the young age, or may not be noticeable in later life, and can easily help trigger conditions like sex and pornography addiction, or something more serious. With all this in mind, it’s easy to see why parents need to be aware of solutions that are provided by parental controls.
FamiSafe - The Best Parental Control App for iPad
FamiSafe parental control app for iPad is one of the newest editions to the parental control app market yet is rapidly gaining traction as being one of the most popular. With a sleek and intuitive interface that any parent can use, powerful control features and effortless installation, it’s safe to see that FamiSafe is raising the bar when it comes to our children’s well-being.
Here are some of the features you’ll be able to implement on your child’s iPad;
- Screen Time Tracking & Control
With FamiSafe, you’ll be able to see exactly how long your child is using their device. This means you can see what times your child is accessing their device, as well as having the ability to block this access, and set up custom schedule times where the iPad is only available during these times.
- Flexible Remote Settings Control
Unlike many other parental control apps, after installation, this app doesn’t require you to have access to your child’s iPad if you wish to make any changes. Instead, you can install the app on your own phone, set it as ‘Parental,’ and make any setting changes remotely.
- Web Content Tracking & Content Filtering
The most important feature here is the safari parental controls iPad content tracking. With this feature, you can see all the websites and content that your child has visited on their iPad, so you can see what material they are looking at. You can also apply web material filters to block certain types of content and block individual websites.
- App Blocking & Activity Recording
Using this feature, you can block access to whatever apps you need to. This is ideal for when your child is at school, studying, or going to bed. You can also see which apps have been accessed the most, which apps are installed and uninstalled, and how the social media apps are being used.
- Real-Time Location Tracking with Geo-Fencing
Perhaps one of the most unique features, you can use FamiSafe to track the physical location of your child in real-time. You can also see their location history and set up geo-fences as safe zones. This feature sends you a notification if your child leaves the boundaries you set.
How to Block Access to Adult Content & Websites On iPad Using FamiSafe
When you want to block adult content and websites using FamiSafe parental control app for iPad, the developers have made it as easy as possible. Here’s how;
Step #1 Load up your FamiSafe app and tap the Web Filter option on the main menu.
Step #2 On the web filter menu, you’ll be able to toggle certain categories of content that you wish to block. These are organized into different types of material, making it easy to block many websites in one go.
Step #3 If you tap the Exceptions tab, you’ll be able to allow or block certain individual websites. Simply tap the Add Exception button, type the name of the website and choose whether you want to block or allow access to it. You can even set up alerts when these sites have attempted access.
How to Block Access to Adult Content & Websites On iPad Safari
If you want to block websites and adult content directly using the Safari parental controls iPad, you can do so using the built-in iPad content filters. Here’s how;
Step #1 From the main menu of your iPad, launch the Settings menu, tap General, and then tap Restrictions.
Step #2 Assuming you have already enabled the Restrictions feature, tap Websites under the Allowed Content section.
Step #3 Tap the Limit Adult Content option. This will block the vast majority of adult content from being accessed with the Safari browser.
How to Block Specific Websites in Safari On iPad
You may also want to block individual websites from being accessed from your child’s iPad. This is possible directly through the Safari parental controls iPad. Here’s how;
Step #1 Open the Settings open from your main menu and navigate General > Restrictions (Assuming you have already set the Restrictions feature).
Step #2 Tap the Limit Adult Content option, followed by Add a Website under the NEVER ALLOW header. Type in the URL of the website you want to block, and tap Done to confirm the block.
How to Block Everything and Whitelist Only Specific Sites In Safari For iPad
For the ultimate level of protection, you can block every website from being accessed and then whitelist certain websites that you’ll allow access to. Here’s how;
Step #1 Navigate Settings > General > Restrictions and set up the Restrictions feature.
Step #2 Tap on the Websites option, followed by Specific Websites Only. Tap the Add a Website option.
Step #3 Type in the name of the website you want to whitelist, and then tap the Done button to confirm access.
For these last two methods, you may need to add different variations of the website to completely block access, such as different country domain names, and mobile versions of the site.
When it comes to blocking adult content and websites on your child’s iPad, it’s safe to say there’s a lot of options out there for you to utilize. However, as you can see, FamiSafe makes it incredibly easy to block all the content you need to block effectively and with minimal effort.
FamiSafe parental control app for iPad is currently available on both iOS and Android devices and can be downloaded for free from the respective app store. You can also enjoy a three-day free trial to ensure this is the parental control solution you’re looking for.
- iOS Parenting
- iPhone X Parental Controls
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 5 Parental Controls
- iPhone 4 Parental Controls
- Best iPhone Parental Control App
- Best iPhone Parental Monitoring App
- Top Parental Apps for iPhone 2018
- Setup Parental Controls on iPhone
- Parental Controls - Lock Download Your Kid's iPhone
- Turn off Parental Controls on iPhone
- Block Text Messages on iPhone
- iOS Restrictions: iPhone Parental Controls Overview for Parents
- iPhone Parental Control
- Best Parental Control Software for iPhone
- Best iPhone Tracking App for Parents
- Set up Youtube Parental Controls on iPhone
- FamiSafe - Best iPod Parental Controls
- iPod Touch Parental Controls
- Set Parental Controls on iPod
- Set Parental Controls on iPad
- iOS 12 - Screen Time and iOS Parental Controls
- The Best iOS Parental Control App
- Set a Screen Time Limit on Your Kid's iPhone or iPad
- Set Up iPad Parental Controls and Content Filtering
- Best Parental Control App for iPad
- Set Youtube Parental Controls on iPad
- Block Access to Adult Content & Websites iPad
- Turn on Parental Controls on iPad
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- Put a Parental Block on Android
- Put a Parental Block on iPad
- Block Apps on iPhone
- Block Facebook Apps
- Block Apps on iPad
- Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- Block People on WhatsApp
- Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- Block a Number on Whatsapp
- Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Parental Controls
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review