How to Setup Parental Controls on iPhone
how to setup parental controls on iphone
With the popularity of the iPhone, its usage has also affected the kids to a great extent. The kids are stuck with their iPhone and that’s why it is important that parents take some actions to reduce the time that kids waste on their iPhone. If you have searched for a way on how to set up parental controls on iPhone, then in this article we will tell you how you can put a good use to different methods available for parental control.
FamiSafe - The Best Parental Control App for iPhone
FamiSafe is amazing application software that establishes effective parental control on iPhone. The app can be used for different functions such as track location, put Geofences, limit app usage, filter web content and many more. Now the kids won’t be able to escape with the wrong usage of their iPhone.
Features for Parental control on iPhone:
- Real-time location tracking: The parents can track the live location of the kid from anywhere and anytime.
- Geofences: the Geofences will define a boundary limit for the kids which are considered as a safe zone for the kids. In case the kids cross the boundary, the parents will get notification or alert. The parents can also set up a notification when the kids enter certain zones of the geofences.
- Web content Filtering: This feature will allow the parents to ensure that no bad content will get to the kids somehow. The parents can filter the content the kids see via social media or in their browsers.
- App Blocker: it will allow the parents to block the apps which they see inappropriate or the kids are getting addicted to.
How to set parental controls on iPhone using FamiSafe?
Step 1. To set up Parental Control, download the app on the parent’s phone and the kid’s iPhone and install it.
Step 2. After installation, launch the app and register for a FamiSafe account. You can use any of the phones for registration. The same account can be used in both the devices.
Step 3. After registration, login to your account and choose the identity as Kid on the kid’s iPhone. Fill in the name and age of the kid.
Step 4. Select the OS of the kid’s device and grant the necessary permissions such as Location access and install the Mobile Device Management File.
Step 5. Go to your phone and select the identity as a kid and connect the app to your kid’s device and start monitoring it.
After the setup is complete the parents will have access to all the activities of the kids on their iPhone remotely. The parents can track the kid’s location, iPhone usage, restrict specified apps and websites, lock games and also monitor when they are using their iPhone.
How to Set up Parental Controls on iPhone with iOS Restrictions
The tool which is called iPhone restrictions, cover up a set of services and apps on the iPhone. The steps to configure and enable the parental control on iPhone with restrictions are given below:
Step 1: open the settings application and go to general settings.
Step 2. In general settings, you will see an option which says Restrictions.
Step 3. Tap on the enable restrictions option and you will be prompted to create a 4-digit passcode that allows the parents to restrict settings on the iPhone.
Step 4. Enter the passcode for the second time and the restrictions will be active.
Remember, every time the parents need to change the settings of the iPhone, the passcode is required.In the restrictions, there are various sections that allow the parents to limit the use of certain apps. The apps that can be restricted are listed below:
- The first section called Allow includes the restriction in the built-in apps for iPhone such as Safari, Camera, Siri, and FaceTime app along with some others. You just have to turn off the feature or app, and it will be hidden from the kid completely.
- In the next section, iTunes, iBooks, Apple Music, Podcast library, News apps, and the access to app store in included. There is also a subpart of this section, which is Deleting Apps and In-App Purchases. You can prevent the deletion of any app from the iPhone with the help of Deleting Apps. Turning off the In-App purchases will restrict the kid from downloading a high-cost app.
- The third section is labeled as Allowed Content. It controls Music, Podcasts, News, Movies, Siri, and Websites.
- The next section is Privacy which let the parents control the iPhone’s Privacy and security settings.
- The section termed Allow Changes will prevent the kid from making changes to settings such as Accounts, Cellular Data Usage, Background App Refresh, Volume Limit, and TV provider.
- The last section includes a restriction over Apple’s Game Center. You can control Multiplayer games, adding friends, and Screen Recording features of the games.
Stronger iPhone Parental Control with iOS 12
The Apple Inc. is trying to do its best to minimize the addiction of kids to the phone and introducing new tools to quantify the time spent on the iPhone. That’s why they introduce the new Screen time feature for stronger Parental control over the kid's activities.
- Screen Time: This feature will break down the time the kids spend on their iPhone. It will also analyze that how often the kids pick their iPhone and the notifications they get in the whole day on every app. you can get a weekly report of the usage of phone and every individual app.
- App Limits: The parents can put a time limit on the use of the apps with a 24-hour basis system. By the time the app limit of the applications is over, the parents will get a notification.
- Downtime: The other feature added in the iOS 12 is the downtime feature. With the help of this feature, the parents can set up a scheduled time in which the device will lock itself down. In the meantime, the kids won’t be able to access the apps also.
- Family Sharing: The Screen Time feature works along with the Family Sharing. It will configure the screen time for the child remotely within the same family sharing group.
How to set up parental controls on iPhone with iOS 12
Step 1. Go the settings app and in there you will see an option which says screen time.
Step 2. The first time you tap on the screen time option, a splash screen will appear and ask you if you want to “Set up as a Parent”.
Step 3. In the prompt screen, add restrictions by customizing the Downtime, App limits, Content, and Privacy. Create a parent passcode and then you will be able to further adjust the settings in the future.
You can also remotely manage the devices which are connected to the same iCloud account. Just go to the Family Sharing option in the Apple profile and select Screen Time.
Although the iOS 12 has enabled the parents to put parental control on iPhone usage of the kids still there are sometimes the kids can get access to the iPhone apps themselves. To prevent that from happening it is recommended to use FamiSafe Parental control for iPhone. It is a reliable tool that will suffice the need for parental control. Just download the app from the App Store and start using it.
- iOS Parenting
- iPhone X Parental Controls
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 5 Parental Controls
- iPhone 4 Parental Controls
- Best iPhone Parental Control App
- Best iPhone Parental Monitoring App
- Top Parental Apps for iPhone 2018
- Setup Parental Controls on iPhone
- Parental Controls - Lock Download Your Kid's iPhone
- Turn off Parental Controls on iPhone
- Block Text Messages on iPhone
- iOS Restrictions: iPhone Parental Controls Overview for Parents
- iPhone Parental Control
- Best Parental Control Software for iPhone
- Best iPhone Tracking App for Parents
- Set up Youtube Parental Controls on iPhone
- FamiSafe - Best iPod Parental Controls
- iPod Touch Parental Controls
- Set Parental Controls on iPod
- Set Parental Controls on iPad
- iOS 12 - Screen Time and iOS Parental Controls
- The Best iOS Parental Control App
- Set a Screen Time Limit on Your Kid's iPhone or iPad
- Set Up iPad Parental Controls and Content Filtering
- Best Parental Control App for iPad
- Set Youtube Parental Controls on iPad
- Block Access to Adult Content & Websites iPad
- Turn on Parental Controls on iPad
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- Put a Parental Block on Android
- Put a Parental Block on iPad
- Block Apps on iPhone
- Block Facebook Apps
- Block Apps on iPad
- Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- Block People on WhatsApp
- Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- Block a Number on Whatsapp
- Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Parental Controls
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review