How to Track My Lost Phone for Free Online
Track My Phone for Free Online
- Phone Location Tracker
- Mobile Tracker Apps
- Mobile Tracker Tips
It is an unquestionable fact that no matter how careful you think you might be, situations whereby the unexpected such as losing your phone, might occur. Instead of driving into a state of pandemonium, you can opt to track phone location. Surfing the internet for ways to track my phone for free online will definitely come up with several results, some of which might not be effective enough. This article will be exploring functional methods to track phone location for free and effectively as well.
Isn't it so true? A sudden knock of reality strikes your mind a few moments after losing your Android. Memory floodgates start flushing in, "Where did I drop it? When last was it seen?" "Did it drop off?". More often than not, you might not be able to locate the lost phone anymore.
Don't be all worked up. There is the possibility you can find it back by making use of the
If you have been asking the question, how do I track my phone for free? Then follow these few steps to get on with it. You can track your lost Android devices in two ways.
Method 1: Track your lost Android from browser
1. Navigate to "Security" settings under the "Google Settings" or "Settings" option on your android phone.
2. You should see two options, namely "Remotely Locate This Device" and "Allow remote lock and Erase" located under the Android device manager. Ensure that the two functions are turned on.
3. Now head to Location settings and switch it on. You can access it by swiping your device from top to bottom to switch on "Access to my location" or access the location setting from "All settings".
4. Now to locate your device, launch a web browser, Google Chrome is preferred, from any phones, tablets, or personal computers and type in the search bar "Where is my phone". If you are not signed in on the browser with the same account on your phone, sign in to Google account on the browser. You should be able to see your device location on Google map.
5. You can decide to remotely ring the device, lock the device so it cannot be accessed, or erase all the files to prevent personal data access.
Method 2: Track your lost Andriod via Find My Device
1. You can also track your phone from another Android device by logging in as a guest on the "Find My Device" app by Google Play. You can also visit the google.com/android/find website to login.
2. Once you are logged in, click on the device you want to locate amongst the list at the top of the page and click on the refresh button to locate the devices.
3. You can also remotely play sound, lock devices, and erase device content.
iPhone is one of the most expensive devices, and it is a pretty secure smartphone as well. The loss of an iPhone might have some excruciating worry attached to it, probably because of the phone's price and loss. But there is no need for an alarm as the phone can be located remotely within a few seconds. There are two major ways of tracking the iPhone location for free. The first method would be using the popular "Find My iPhone" app on another phone or from iCloud. One of the good things about "Find my iPhone" is that it can still function even if it is switched off. The command of locking, playing sound, or erasing the device would be sent and initiated when the phone comes on.
Method 1: Use Find My iPhone to locate a lost iPhone
1. Head to Apple's App Store and download "Find My iPhone" to your iPhone. This ought to have been installed before you lose your phone.
2. After installation, go to "Settings" on your iPhone and click on "iCloud". Now make sure that the "Find my device" option is turned on. That is, it must be showing the green on color.
3. Pick another iPhone device that has the app installed on it and log in.
4. Simply click on refresh to show the current location of your lost phone.
5. You can activate "Lost mode" from the app, which locks the device with a passcode and can help you display a message on the screen of the lost phone.
6. You can also make it play a sound at the highest volume for about 2 minutes.
Method 2: Use iCloud to locate lost iPhones
1. You can sign in to icloud.com/find from a personal computer or on a Mac.
2. Select the device that you wish to locate from the list if you have more than one device logged in.
3. The device's location would be displayed on a map, and you can activate the "Lost Mode" to lock the device and display a message on its lock screen. If your debit card is activated on your iPhone's Apple pay, all transactions would be suspended until the lost mode is deactivated.
4. You can also erase your device to completely delete all files on the phone.
FamiSafe is a powerful top-of-the-art tracking app. If you want to always keep track of your phone while at work or in an important meeting, then FamiSafe is just the perfect choice for you. You can also check information about other gps tracking app for Android and iPhone first.
FamiSafe is more than a tracking app. It is also an all-in-one parental control application equipped with a whole lot of useful and effectively powerful features. Let's take a look at its supported features.
1. Real-Time GPS Location:
FamiSafe has the ability to locate the exact location of a target device by making use of GPS technology to pinpoint the device's location and display it on the Map.
2. Location History:
This shows a record of where your children have been to and at what time by using GPS to track their every movement and keep the record.
This feature enables parents to set a geographical boundary for their children to know where they should and should not go to. Once these boundaries have been crossed, the app will send a notification to the parents' end.
4. Block Apps:
In case you feel that certain applications are taking your children's time or there are apps you do not want them to have access to, the program can block any app of your choice and prevent it from functioning.
6. Screen Time:
With this feature, you can now have complete control of what is being done on your phone even while sitting away. You can set time limits for phone activities and keep your kids at bay too.
7. Block Websites:
Are there certain websites that you want to prevent your children from accessing? You can input the web site's URL on FamiSafe to block the sites or block inappropriate websites by category. FamiSafe has more than 7 inbuilt website categories.
8. View Browser History:
You can use this feature to know what websites your children have been accessing with details of the time they visited and how often the site was visited.
In our daily lives, with busy schedules, we often forget many important things, including our cell phones. Many people carry more than one mobile device for business and professional reasons, and it is always better to track them easily. I hope the above article helped you know how to track your phone online for free and by using FamiSafe, which is by far the best tracking app.