How to Track My Phone for Free Online
track my phone for free online
It is an unquestionable fact that no matter how careful you think you might be; situations whereby the unexpected such as losing your phone might occur. Instead of driving into a state of pandemonium, you can opt to track phone location. Surfing the internet for ways to track my phone for free online will definitely come up with several results, some of which might not be effective enough. This article will be exploring functional methods to track phone location for free and effectively as well.
Isn’t it so true, a sudden knock of reality strikes your mind few moments after losing your Android. Memory floodgates start flushing in, “Where did I drop it? When last was it seen?” “Did it drop off?”. Most often than not, you might not be able to locate the phone.
Don’t be all worked up, there is the possibility you can find it back by making use of the Find my phone function on most Android phones today. Earlier Android versions came with this function hidden under the built-in “Android Device Manager”. But in subsequent versions, it is apparent with the name “Find my Device”. This Android service makes use of GPS technology to track phone location and display it on Google maps. The downside to this feature is that the GPS and data must be on to successfully read and transmit the location to Google maps.
If you have been asking the question, how do I track my phone for free, then follow these few steps to get on with it.
- Navigate to “security” settings under the “Google Settings” or “Settings” option on your android phone.
- You should be able to see two options namely “Remotely Locate this Device” and “Allow remote lock and Erase” located under the Android device manager. Ensure that the two functions are turned on.
- Now head to Location settings and switch it on, you can access it by swiping your device from top to bottom to switch on “Access to my location” or access location setting from “All settings”.
- Now to locate your device, launch web browser preferably Google Chrome from any phone, tablet, or a personal computer and type in the search bar “Where is my phone”. If you are not signed in on the browser with the same account on your phone, then sign in to Google account on the browser. You should be able to see your device location on Google map.
- You can decide to remotely ring the device, lock the device so it cannot be accessed or to erase all the files to prevent access to personal data.
FROM FIND MY DEVICE
- You can also track your phone from another android device by logging in as a guest on “find my device” app by Google play protect. You can also visit google.com/android/find website to login.
- Once you are logged in, click on the device you want to locate amongst the list at the top of the page and click on the refresh button to locate the device.
- You can also remotely play sound, lock device and erase device content.
iPhone is one of the most expensive devices and it is a pretty secured smartphone as well. The loss of an iPhone might have some excruciating worry attached to it, probably because of the price and loss of the phone. But there is no cause for alarm as the phone can be located remotely within a few seconds. There are two major ways of tracking iPhone location for free, the first method would be by making use of the popular “Find My iPhone” app on another phone or from iCloud. One of the good thing about “Find my iPhone” is that it can still function even if the phone is switched off, the command of locking, playing sound or erasing the device would be sent and initiated the moment the phone comes on.
USING FIND MY iPhone
- Head to Apple’s App Store and download “Find My iPhone” to your iPhone. This ought to have been installed before you lose your phone.
- After installation, go to “Settings” on your iPhone and click on “iCloud”. Now make sure that “Find my device” option is turned on, that is, it must be showing the green on color.
- Pick another iPhone device which has the app installed on it and log in.
- Simply click on refresh to show the current location of your lost phone.
- You can activate “Lost mode” from the app which locks the device with a passcode and can help you display a message on the screen of the lost phone.
- You can also make it play a sound at the highest volume for about 2 minutes.
- You can sign in to icloud.com/find from a personal computer or on a Mac
- Select the device that you wish to locate from the list if you have more than one device logged in
- The location of the device would be displayed on a map and you can activate the “Lost Mode” in order to lock the device and display a message on its lock screen. If your debit card is activated on your iPhone’s Apple pay, all transactions would be suspended until the lost mode is deactivated.
- You can also erase your device to completely delete all files on the phone.
FamiSafe is a powerful top of the art tracking device. If you want to always keep a track of your phone while at work or in an important meeting, then FamiSafe is just the perfect program for you.
FamiSafe is more than just a tracking program, it is also an all in one parental control application equipped with a whole lot of useful and effectively powerful features. Some of these features included here but are not limited to
Real Time GPS Location: The online program has the ability to locate the exact location of a target device by making use of GPS technology to pinpoint device location and displaying it on a Map.
Location History: This shoes a track record of where your children have been to and at what time by using GPS to track their every movement and keeping the record.
Geofencing: This feature enables parents to be able to set a geographical boundary for their children to know where they should and should not go to. Ones these boundaries have been exceeded, the program sends a trigger response.
Block Apps: In case you feel certain applications are taking your children’s time or there are apps you do not want them to have access to, the program can block any app of your choice and prevent it from functioning.
Screen Time: With this feature, you can now have complete control of what is being done on your phone even while sitting away. You can set time limits for phone activities and keep your kids at bay too.
Block Websites: Are there certain websites that you want to prevent your children from accessing? You can input the website’s URL on FamiSafe to block the sites.
View Browser History: You can use this feature to know what websites your children have been accessing with details of the time it was visited and how often the site was visited.
In our daily life and busy schedule we many a times forget many important things including our cell phone. Many people carry more than once mobile device for business and professional reasons and it is always better to be able to track them easily. I hope the above article helped you in knowing how to track your phone online for free and also by using FamiSafe, which is by far the best tracking app.
- Mobile Tracker
- 5 Ways to Track A Phone
- Top 10 Best Mobile Location Tracker
- Top 10 Car Tracker You Need to Know
- Top 10 Tracking Devices & Apps for Kids
- Top 10 Child Tracking Devices Parents Need to Know
- 3 Ways to Track Mobile Location
- Top 10 iPhone Tracker in 2018
- 5 Ways to Track A Cell Phone Location for Free
- Top 10 Mobile Tracker App & Services to Track A Phone
- Top 10 GPS Tracker for Kids
- Top 10 iPhone Monitoring Software Parents Need to Know
- 10 Best Free Android Monitoring Apps to Monitor Your Kids
- 10 Best Phone Monitoring Apps Parents Can't Miss
- Monitor Phone Activity on Andriod and iPhone
- Top 10 GPS Phone Trackers for Parents
- Top 10 Free Mobile Trackers You Can't-Miss!
- Top 10 Android Tracking App You Need to Know
- Parental Controls
- Best Parental Control Apps
- Set Parental Control on YouTube
- Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- Parental Control Routers
- Snapchat Parental Control
- Set Parental Controls on Social Media Apps
- The Best Parental Controls for Teen Social Media
- Monitor Social Media Apps on Kid's iPhone
- Monitor Social Media Apps on Android Phones or Tablets
- 10 Reasons You Need Parental Control Software
- The Best Parental Control Software 2018
- Best Free Parental Control Software
- Parental Control Software Reviews
- Parental Control Software for Mac (Macintosh OS X)
- Parental Control Software for Internet Filtering
- The Best Parental Control Software and Apps
- Free Download the Best Parental Control Software
- Best Parental Control Software 2018 - Time Control
- Family Locator
- Best Sprint Family Locator
- Best Verizon Family Locator
- Best Family Locator App
- Best Alternative to Life360 Family Locator
- Best ATT Family Locator
- Locate a Family Member or Share Your Location with Family
- Verizon Wireless Family Locator
- T-Mobile Family Locator
- Best Alternative to VZ Family Locator
- The Best Method to Share Location on iPhone with Your Family
- Best Family Locator App for Android
- FamiSafe - The Best Family Tracing App to Locate Family Members
- T-Mobile FamilyWhere Family Locator App - Pros, Cons and Alternative
- AT&T FamilyMap App - Locate Kids & Find a Lost Phone
- 5 Free Family Locator Apps | Free GPS Tracker for Kids
- Great iPhone Family Locator App for Kids and Family