How to Block Facebook Apps
A Detailed Guide on Facebook
Being one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, Facebook has become an inevitable part of our life. Nevertheless, it is important to know how a third-party app is accessing your Facebook data. If you wish to make sure that a Facebook app won’t tamper with your privacy, then you should block it. In this guide, we will teach you how to block Facebook apps and protect your data.
Why should you block apps on Facebook?
From games to social platforms, there are all kinds of third-party apps on Facebook. Though, sometimes these apps can access our details without our permission. If we have learned anything from the recent Cambridge Analytica scandal, then we need to keep a strict check on the Facebook apps linked to our account.
- These apps can access our data behind our back and use them for different unethical reasons.
- Some of these apps can even access our photos and media, which can invade our privacy.
- If you have given a complete access to an app, then it can even gain information about your friends and your entire network.
- Sometimes, these apps can spy on our browsing habits even if we are not logged-in on Facebook.
- These apps can examine the things you view on Facebook, the stuff you post, and analyze your overall browsing experience to target customized ads for you as well. Again, this is an invasion of your privacy.
How to block Facebook apps?
Now when you know how important it is to regulate Facebook apps to access our data, let’s take a step up. The good thing is that Facebook has made it quite easy for us to regulate or even block third-party apps. In order to learn how to back Facebook apps in different ways, you can follow these steps.
Removing third-party apps from your phone
If you already have the Facebook app installed on your smartphone, then you can easily regulate your privacy settings. All you need to do is follow these simple steps.
- Launch the Facebook app on your phone and go to its Menu.
- From here, you need to go to its Settings > Account Settings.
- Tap on the “Privacy” option to access various features related to the privacy settings of your account.
- From here, you can check a few important settings to get things started. Firstly, you can review the audience for your profile and posts and set the appropriate filter.
- After that, it will provide a list of all the third-party apps that are linked to your profile. If you want, you can restrict the audience for these apps from here.
- To block an app, just tap on the delete (cross icon) adjacent to the app. You will be given an option to either delete the app only or the app and its past activity. Tap on the appropriate choice and remove the app from your profile.
Revoke access of an app
We all have seen the “Log-in with Facebook” option on the web quite often. While it saves our time, it tampers with our privacy as well. If you have too many apps and platforms linked to your Facebook account, then it can also make them less secure. If your Facebook account is hacked, then you can also lose their access as well. Besides learning how to block Facebook apps, you should also know how to revoke their access.
- To start with, go to your Facebook account settings and tap on the “App” option.
- Now, select the “Logged in with Facebook” feature to view all the apps and websites that you have been logged in with your Facebook account.
- Just tap on any app or website that you wish to unlink from your Facebook account.
- Here, you can alter the information you have provided to the app about your Facebook account. To revoke the app completely, tap on the “Remove app” option.
- Confirm your choice by tapping on the “Remove” option again.
Block apps from Facebook’s website
A lot of people don’t have the Facebook app and use its web version instead. In this case, you can follow these steps to learn how to block Facebook apps.
- Launch any web browser and log-in to your Facebook account.
- Visit your account settings and click on the “Apps” option from the left panel. This will display all the connected apps.
- You can change the audience for each app from here. To delete the app, just hover your cursor and click on the remove icon.
- Under the Apps tab, you can further explore settings related to the connected games and other third-party platforms.
- Click on the “Edit” button under the Apps, Websites and Plugins option.
- Now, click on the “Disable Platform” to turn off the platform altogether. This will block all the third-party apps at once.
In this way, you can learn how to block Facebook apps in different ways.
FamiSafe - The Best Parental Control for Facebook
If your kids are active on Facebook, then you need to take care of their privacy as well. The best way to do this is by using a parental control app. We recommend using FamiSafe as it is a complete parental control tool that comes with tons of features. With FamiSafe, you can monitor how your kids use their smartphones and even restrict its use. You can install its app on your smartphone and remotely control the way your kids use their device.
- It allows us to block any app on the target device remotely.
- You can even set strict screen limit for an app’s use as well.
- There is also a provision to block an entire device and set time-based restrictions to use it.
- FamiSafe can also block a device for a specific location or duration.
- You can track the real-time location of your kids with FamiSafe.
- It can also be used to access their past locations and even set geo-fences.
- You can block certain websites or apps with inappropriate content.
- Fully compatible with Android and iOS device (no need to root or jailbreak the device)
- Comes with a free trial of 3 days
- Monitor how much time your kids spend on Facebook
FamiSafe can also help you monitor how your kids use their smartphone. If they spend too much time on Facebook, then you can take the needed measures to block it. Just go to the Phone Activity feature on FamiSafe. This will display when and for how long the app was used by your kids.
- Block Facebook during school or homework
If you think your kids are getting addicted to Facebook, then you can simply block the app as well. Just go to the App Block feature on FamiSafe. From here, you can block (or unblock) Facebook with a single tap.
Furthermore, you can set particular time duration to block the app with respect to different days of the week. In this way, you can make sure that your kids won’t access Facebook during their school time, while doing homework, sleeping, etc.
Now when you know how to block Facebook apps, you can certainly level-up your security on this social media platform. In addition to that, you can also protect your kids from getting addicted to Facebook by using FamiSafe. A highly reliable parental control app, it will come handy to you on numerous occasions.
- Web Content Blocking
- Block Porn Websites
- Best Porn Blocking Apps 2018
- Block Porn on iPhone
- Block Porn Sites
- Porn Blocking Software for Parents
- Block Porn on Android
- Block Porn on Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Porn on Your Kid's Phone
- New Porn Blocking App for Parents 2018
- Block All Porn Sites on Your Phone
- Porn Sites not Blocked by Opendns - Parents Should Know
- Block Porn on Computer
- Block an App from Accessing the Internet
- Block Adult Content on Android
- Block Adult Content on Youtube
- 3 Methods to Block Adult Websites
- Block Adult Sites on Kid's Cell Phone Phone
- Block Websites on Chrome
- Best Parental Control to Block Social Media and Distracting Websites
- Keep Your Family Safe Online
- Block Certain Websites on iPhone
- Block Websites on Mac
- Block a Website on Safari
- Block All Game Sites on Your Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Websites on Firefox
- Block Certain Websites on Kid's Cell Phone
- How Do You Block a Website on Kid's iPhone
- Block a Website on Internet Explorer
- FamiSafe WebFilter - Block All Porn/Sex Sites
- The Best Website Blocker and Internet Restriction Apps
- How Can Parents Block Specific Websites from Children
- Best Internet Filters and Website Blocking Software 2018
- Permanently Block A Website
- Best Website Blockers For Studying
- Block Websites on Windows 7
- Block Websites on Computer
- Block Inappropriate Websites on My Kid's Phone
- Block Websites on iPad
- Temporarily Block Distracting Websites
- Block Websites for a Period of Time
- Block Someone on Whatsapp
- Child Monitoring
- Internet Filter
- Something You Must Know about Content Filtering
- Barracuda Web Filter Review
- DNS Content Filtering for Kids
- Use URL Filtering to Protect Website
- Best Web Filter Solutions
- Fortiguard Web Filtering Review
- How to Filter A website on Chrome
- Top 5 Content Blockers for iPhone
- All Need to Know about Parental Control Internet
- How to Block Internet Access
- Top 5 iOS Content Blockers
- Content Blockers for Samsung & iPhone
- How to Block Websites on Internet Explorer
- How to Block A Program from Accessing Internet
- Methods for Free Internet Protection
- How to Do Free Web Protection
- 5 Best Website Blocker Softwares
- How to Set Parental Bolck on Kids' Phone