Best GPS Key Finders – Great Way to Find Your Missing Keys
GPS Key Finder
- Phone Location Tracker
- Mobile Tracker Apps
- Mobile Tracker Tips
Finding your missing phone, wallet or keys can be a terrible ordeal. You can now breath easy thanks to GPS, Bluetooth and RF Technology that helps you to easily locate these valuable items. GPS key finders are small clip-on devices you can add to your devices and use them to locate your keys.
Here is a list of the best GPS key finders you can purchase from Amazon. It also includes top tips to consider when purchasing a GPS key finder.
1. Tile Mate Bluetooth Tracker and Item Locator
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
The Tile Mate Bluetooth tracker is a portable item locator you can use for your keys, backpacks, and pets. Its design features a hole in the corner, which attaches easily to your key rings, or pet collar. Available in black or white, the device does not stand out and is compact enough not to cause discomfort.
- The free tile app has 3 locator modes to help you find your valuables almost anywhere. Find Nearby rings the tile when in Bluetooth range. Find Far Away shows you the most recent location of the tile when outside Bluetooth range, and Find Your Phone makes it ring even when in silent mode.
- Tile Mate has a water-resistant rating of IP67 and a 3-year non-replaceable battery.
- Voice Assistant compatibility with Siri, Alexa, and Hey Google.
- Smart Alert notification from the Tile Network when you leave your items behind, with Item Reimbursement when your tiles items are untraceable.
Hands-On Experience: 4.5/5
Besides ringing loudly, you can also use the proximity meter to determine your Tile Mate's location. However, this only works when you are within Bluetooth range (about 250 feet), which is sufficient if you keep losing your keys around the house.
2. SAMSUNG Galaxy Smart Tag
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
The SAMSUNG galaxy tag is a Bluetooth-enabled tracker and item locator for your keys, wallets, luggage, and pets. It features a keyring hole you can attach easily to these valuables. Unfortunately, the device is only compatible with Samsung devices running Android 8.0 or higher. Additionally, you will need to purchase the 1 CR2 battery it requires separately.
- Adjustable ringing settings when locating your devices using Bluetooth.
- The SmartThings app is extremely user-friendly and does not cause your device to slow down when active.
- Location history and GPS tracking allow you to locate your device accurately.
- Extremely affordable, with the 1 pack retailing at less than $25.
- The device is only available in black, which may not appeal to more stylish users.
- It is only compatible with Samsung devices, limiting usability.
Hands-on Experience: 5/5
Samsung Galaxy Smart Tags use cell signals from other Samsung devices near it to send you an accurate location of your valuables. The Smart Things app also gives you location history from when your valuables were lost to when you find them.
3. Chipolo ONE Spot Key Finder
Overall Rating: 4/5
The Chipolo One Spot is a coin-shaped key finder that only works with iOS devices. It features a keyring hole that easily attaches to most items, including keys, luggage, and your pet's collar. In addition, it is Bluetooth-enabled, with a range of about 200 feet, allowing you to locate items within your home.
- A loud ring of up to 120 dB makes it easy to locate your items.
- Its water resistance rating of IPX5 makes it durable enough for almost any condition.
- The device design allows for easy battery replacement in 3 steps.
- It is affordable, with a single unit retailing at less than $30.
- The 1-year battery life fails compared to other products in the same price range.
- It does not come with GPS tracking. Instead, it uses Apple's Find My Network to locate your items when out of Bluetooth range.
- It is only available in one color, limiting your buying options.
Hands-on Experience: 3.5/5
The Chipolo One Spot is a great purchase compared to other iOS-compatible devices. The beep is fairly loud and goes on until you find your valuables. Additionally, the keyring hole allows for easy attachment to multiple devices. Unfortunately, the 1-year battery life and lack of GPS tracking limit the device's capability.
4. Key Ringer XL
Overall Rating: 3.5/5
The Key Ringer XL is an App-less key finder with arguably the loudest ring on the market. It operates within a range of 300 feet, and each purchase includes a pair that communicates with each other.
- A Key Ringer XL does not require setup before using it.
- The manufacturer offers a 90-day money-back guarantee, with a free 2-year warranty.
- Each device includes a flashlight for outdoor use.
- You can customize the ring settings for each device for easy identification.
- The ring can be too loud for most people and may lead to ear damage in some users.
- The lack of a phone app limits the device's capabilities, such as GPS and location history.
- It is extremely difficult to locate the Key Ringer XL when out of range.
Hands-on Experience: 3.5/5
Key Ringer XL is a great key locator for those hard-of-hearing because the beep is loud enough for them to hear. Unfortunately, this only works when the device is in the open without obstructing its speakers.
5. Eksy 80 dB RF Key Finder
Overall Rating: 3/5
The Eksy 80 dB RF is a budget item locator you can use for your keys, luggage, and pets. Each purchase includes 6 color-coded receivers and 1 transmitter. It uses RF technology to locate your valuables, with a maximum range of about 100 feet.
- The RF signal is strong enough to penetrate drywall, cushions, and doors.
- Eksy item locators feature an 80dB beep that is loud enough to locate items within your household easily.
- The transmitter has color-coded buttons to enable you to locate specific transmitters.
- The devices do not require any setup, put in the batteries, and they are ready to go.
- The limited range of 100 feet only allows you to use them in the house.
- The receivers may need to be louder, especially when your items are between cushions.
Hands-on Experience: 3/5
The device is extremely handy around the house. Additionally, at less than $25, the six receivers and one transmitter are great value for money. Furthermore, the Esky 80 dB RF's compact design allows you to use it to locate household items, such as your keys, luggage, and smartphone.
6. Nutale Focus Key Finder
Overall Rating: 4/5
Nutale Focus Key Finders are portable and stylish item locators for your keys, pets, wallets, and backpacks. Their modern and compact design makes them more of show pieces compared to other item locators in the market. You can purchase them as a single device (black) or a four-pack (black and gold) for multiple items.
- The Nutale Bluetooth key tracker has an anti-lost key finder that alerts you whenever you are out of range with your items.
- Use the One Touch Find feature on the smartphone app to ring the device when locating your items.
- Each Nutale key tracker has a CR2032 battery with over 10 months of standby time.
- Location history narrows down your search area by showing you where the device was last connected to your smartphone.
- The device is not a GPS tracker and will only work when your items are within 100 ft of Bluetooth range.
- You may face challenges setting up the device since the app is unavailable on Google Play and the Apple store.
Hands-on Experience: 3/5
The Nutale Focus Key Finder is not the loudest item tracker in the market, and you may struggle to hear the beep where there is too much background noise. Additionally, the battery cover is not secure and will pop off if not secured with a rubber band or transparent tape. Despite the flaws, the Nutale offers great value, with the four-pack retailing below $60.
7. Zen Lyfe Bluetooth Tracker and Item Locator
Overall Rating: 4/5
The Zen Lyfe Bluetooth Tracker is arguably the most affordable key locator in the market. At a 1/3 of the cost, it offers near similar functionality to more premium locators. In addition, it features a keyring hole that easily attaches to most items, including your keys, pet collars, and luggage.
- The device syncs with Android and iOS devices through the Swift Finder app.
- You can access location history through the app to determine where you left your items.
- The device also includes separation alerts to warn you when you are out of Bluetooth range.
- At less than $11, the device is the most budget-friendly key finder in the market.
- The Swift Finder app is resource intensive and can drain your smartphone's battery quickly.
- The keyring holder breaks fairly easily and requires caution when using it.
Hands-on Experience: 4/5
Each Zen Lyfe Bluetooth key Finder comes with a rechargeable CR2032 battery that will automatically start charging when next to your phone. You can also use the device to take screenshots with your phone, allowing you to locate it easily.
Can I track lost phone with a GPS key finder?
A GPS key finder is very useful when it comes to tracking small things like keys and purses. However, can it be used to track a lost phone?
The answer is negative. Most GPS key finders only work within a certain range. However, if your phone got lost, most of the time, it will exceed the range, and you will not be able to locate your phone with the GPS key finder anymore. You will need another solution to help you locate a lost phone, and we would recommend you to use FamiSafe-Location Tracker. You can also learn more about Android GPS tracking apps to find the best option for you.
As a parental control app, FamiSafe is equipped with a location tracking service that can help you track the location of a lost device. All you need to do is install FamiSafe on the target device first and make sure that GPS is on. Then you can use a second device to check the location of the target device easily.
- Web Filter & SafeSearch
- Screen Time Limit & Schedule
- Location Tracking & Driving Report
- App Blocker & App Activity Tracker
- YouTube & TikTok History Monitor & App Blocker
- Social Media Texts & Porn Images Alerts
- Works on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, Chromebook
When it comes to tracking the location of a phone, FamiSafe supports the below features:
- Real-time location tracking: You will be able to check exactly where the target device is in real-time. This will help you retrieve your lost phone.
- Location history: If the lost phone is powered off, you can still check the location history of the target device to see where it has been to.
- Geofences: You can set up a certain area to receive check-in and check-out notifications.
So now you know all about different key finders available in the market, you will have the luxury of picking the best GPS key finder out of the lot. One can select the right product, depending on his specific needs. However, you should make your choice based on the unique features of each product that you think will be most valuable to you.