Gambling and teenagers: more kids have exposure to online gamble
Gambling and teenagers
- Internet Filter
- Best Internet Filters for Your Kid's Phones and Tablets
- k9 Internet Filter Review
- Free Internet Filter
- The Best Internet Filters
- 10 Best Internet Content Filters
- FamiSafe Internet Filtering Software
- 10 Easy Ways Kids Can Bypass Internet Filters
- Web Filter for Android
- Internet Filter for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- The Best Internet Filter for Mac
- Social App Monitoring
- Snapchat Tracker to Track Kids' Snapchat
- How Can I Monitor Child's Snapchat
- How to Monitor Snapchat Remotely
- How to Monitor Snapchat for Free
- Top 10 Snapchat Monitoring Apps
- Ways to Monitor Snapchat without Jailbreak
- How to Monitor Snapchat on iPhone
- Monitor Snapchat on iPhone for child safety
- Something Parents Must Know about Snapchat Monitoring
- How Can Parents Monitor Snapchat
- Web Content Blocking
- Block Porn Websites
- Best Porn Blocking Apps 2018
- Block Porn on iPhone
- Block Porn Sites
- Porn Blocking Software for Parents
- Block Porn on Android
- Block Porn on Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Porn on Your Kid's Phone
- New Porn Blocking App for Parents 2018
- Block All Porn Sites on Your Phone
- Porn Sites not Blocked by Opendns - Parents Should Know
- Block Porn on Computer
- Block an App from Accessing the Internet
- Block Adult Content on Android
- Block Adult Content on Youtube
- 3 Methods to Block Adult Websites
- Block Adult Sites on Kid's Cell Phone Phone
- Block Websites on Chrome
- Best Parental Control to Block Social Media and Distracting Websites
- Keep Your Family Safe Online
- Block Certain Websites on iPhone
- Block Websites on Mac
- Block a Website on Safari
- Block All Game Sites on Your Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Websites on Firefox
- Block Certain Websites on Kid's Cell Phone
- How Do You Block a Website on Kid's iPhone
- Block a Website on Internet Explorer
- FamiSafe WebFilter - Block All Porn/Sex Sites
- The Best Website Blocker and Internet Restriction Apps
- How Can Parents Block Specific Websites from Children
- Best Internet Filters and Website Blocking Software 2018
- Permanently Block A Website
- Best Website Blockers For Studying
- Block Websites on Windows 7
- Block Websites on Computer
- Block Inappropriate Websites on My Kid's Phone
- Block Websites on iPad
- Temporarily Block Distracting Websites
- Block Websites for a Period of Time
- Block Someone on Whatsapp
Not so long ago, gambling was preserved for adults with some little money to spare. Gambling places such as casinos or lottery ticket booths were not so common. Back then, one had to cover some distance to access any gambling place. Then online gamble opportunities happened!
Online gamble has made it easier for literally anyone to access the gambling world. You only need access to a good internet connection, a device and just like that, you are good to go. No more walking or driving over a distance to quench your gambling desires.
The ease of accessing gambling apps and online casinos should be a source of worry to every parent. Children have found ways to access the “forbidden” parts of the internet. Therefore, one way or the other, your child will be exposed to online gambling. Given the risk and dangers associated with gambling, the discourse on gambling and teenagers is a must have.
The dangers of online gamble
Online gamble comes with many disadvantages when compared to traditional gambling. Below are disadvantages attributed to online gambling, additional features, and how easy it is to access them.
- It encourages overspending
Unlike traditional gambling, online gambling comes with several and diverse ways to make payments. One can use direct bank transfers, Visa, MasterCard, as well as virtual currencies.
What more, these payment options come customized to each individual’s preference making it easy to use regardless of age. With online gambling players end up spending more because they never get the breaks. In traditional gambling, players take breaks to look for change or withdraw cash.
The few minutes during the break could at times keep you from gambling. Now, imagine that those breaks are eliminated. You are likely to find yourself overspending because there is nothing to withdraw you from the spending thrill.
- Online gamblers are highly likely to be scammed
Users of online gambling site and gambling apps are often exposed. This is why most countries are against online gamble activities, with some going to the extent of outlawing them. Many scammers take advantage of this legal lacuna to prey on and scam vulnerable online gamblers because they will not suffer any legal consequences.
It also means that many online sites and apps are not regulated and therefore, not trust worthy. It therefore, means only a handful of online gambling apps out of the current thousands are real gambling apps and the rest are just scams and a tragedy waiting to happen.
It is not uncommon to hear of online casinos that promised their customers bonuses upon spending a certain amount of money only to renegade on the promise. There are also cases of online sites that never cash out money when it materializes. The common phrase, “the house always wins” comes to play.
- Online gambling is more addictive
There are high chances that you can become easily addicted to gambling through online gambling in as compared to traditional gambling. The difference is due to the convenience and privacy of online gamble offers. You can gamble online using your personal computers or mobile phones. Further, you can do it at any time of the day or night and in any location.
The addiction that results from online gambling has far reaching effects on teenagers. These effects include plummeting school grades as well as teenagers developing personality disorders such as anti-social behaviors.
Which gamble sites and gamble apps do teens use most?
Online gamble poses many dangers to the teens. Let us look at the three most popular gambling sites and gambling apps teenagers use most.
- Vegas Casino Online
Vegas Casino Online uses a software developed by Realtime Company, which is famed for supplying online casino games worldwide. The software enables it to avail hundreds of online casino games on its platform. This site literally bring Las Vegas at the palm of your hand.
- Cherry gold
Cherry gold online gambling site is popular with the teens because of its video poker games. It also has regular games found in casinos such as Russian roulette.
Teens that frequent BetNow online sites are those with an interest in popular sports like basketball and football. The site lets users bet and gamble on major sport activities.
On the other hand, the top three most popular gambling apps amongst teenagers are;
- Betway app
- SpinPalaceapp and
- Jackpot city app
These Apps offers both casino, sports and poker experience to their users. With the availability of different platforms and increased ease of accessing gambling sites and apps, parents can use these three ways to prevent their children from gambling.
Tips to help parents prevent kids from online gambling
- Have a sit down with the child
Are you a parent? And are you looking to prevent your child from online gambling? Then one of the best way is to have a one on one discussion with your child. The discussion should mirror on the potential risks of gambling.
Let it be a conversation, don’t just talk to your child but also listen to him or her. From listening to the child, you will be able to get who their friends are, what they do with their friends and whether there is any negative influence from the friends that may drive them into gambling.
Also so as not to be like the proverbial ostrich that bury its head in the sand, also talk about responsible gambling habits. You can set limits to gambling activities and proceeding with moderation.
- Setting a good example and gambling free environment for the teen
Teenagers just like little children tend to imitate what adults do. As a parent, you should therefore, be conscious of what recreational activities you indulge in, in front of children. This is so given that your teen is likely to take after your gambling habits.
Leading by example alone is not enough, as the immediate environment your child is exposed to, should be gamble free. You should therefore, eliminate any type of gambling activities at home and replace them with other fun family activities.
- Lastly, you can also monitor your teen’s personal computer and phones
When kids know that their activities online are being watched by their parents, they are not likely to visit inappropriate sites such as a gambling site.
The beauty of it, is that there are applications that allow you to watch what your child is doing online without hovering around them or being in the same place physically. These applications can also block websites like gambling sites from access by your underage child.
After knowing how to prevent your kid from online gambling sites, what if they are already into it, how will you know whether your kid is an online gambler?
How parents can find out whether kids are gambling online?
Dropping grades, personality change, and borrowing or stealing money from friends may not be conclusive indication that they are gambling online. However, parental control applications such as FamiSafe can conclusively tell if your child is gambling online.
The beauty of FamiSafe is that it can be installed in both android and iOS devices. After installing it in your children’s phone, you can monitor and control what your child does online. It would be easy to notice which websites they frequent a lot and if those sites are gambling sites or not.
The Screen time feature limits the time the kid spends online. Using the feature, you can set the number of hours your child is allowed to spend on the phone. Once the set time lapses, the app will automatically block the child out.
Web filter & browse history
The feature sieves harmful internet content from your child’s phone. It also has an option for setting exceptions for some sites.
Furthermore, FamiSafe puts the websites into categorizes as a result, making it easy and convenient for parents to block or allow websites. App activity & app blocker
App activity and app blocker feature of FamiSafe enables it to collect all app activity of your child’s phone(s). The activity it collects includes amongst others, the date an application was used and the duration that application was used.
In conclusion, the sure way to keeping your child from falling into the pit hole that is gambling, is by investing in a parental control app such as FamiSafe.