How to Set a Screen Time Limit on Your Kid's iPhone or iPad
ios parental controls time limit
How often do you find your children playing on their iPad or iPhone? If it’s anything according to the national averages, this can vary between the four to seven-hour mark, which is way more than most parents realize.
This excessive usage and the fact that children have access to a range of dangerous and potentially harmful content while they’re online has started to cause notable damage to the physical and mental health of our children.
As a parent, it’s so important to remain responsible for your child’s well-being, which is why you need to be aware of the parental control solutions that are available to you.
Set a Screen Time Limit on Your Kid's Screen
As we mentioned above, there are certain problems that come with excessively using an iPhone or iPad, especially with children. The first is the content they’re accessing. The internet is full of sites that promote gambling, pornography, and violent material.
This form of content can have a negative effect on your child’s wellbeing, and some studies even suggest that this can cause mental health problems for the rest of their lives since children can be so young.
If your child uses social media, it’s nearly impossible to tell who they’re speaking to, whether that’s their friends or online strangers with malicious intent. There’s also the risk of cyber-bullying and social media addiction, both of which are renowned for causing anxiety and depression.
What’s more, the physical dangers of excessive technology use may be just as bad. Due to physical inactivity, mainly thanks to the rise of technology, childhood obesity is rapidly increasing around the world, all of which have knock-on effects in later life.
With all these factors in mind, it’s easy to see why iOS parental controls time limit screen time should be limited for children using their iPads and iPhones on a daily basis.
How To Set A Screen Time Limit On Kid's iPhone Or iPad?
There are many solutions out there that can help you monitor, track and limit your child’s screen time. However, one iOS parental control application stands above them all.
FamiSafe - The Best iOS Parental Control
FamiSafe is one of the most recent apps to come to the iOS parental control market and is easily one of the most powerful and complete solutions available. The app has been designed to be effortless to use so any parent can pick it up and instantly use it.
It has all the features you could ever need to benefit from the greatest control experience, far more than the majority of other apps. Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect;
- Real-Time Location Tracking & Geo-Fencing
With FamiSafe, you’ll be able to see exactly where your child is at all times in real time. This means you can ensure their safety, and make sure they are where they say they are. You’ll also have access to the geo-fencing feature that allows you to set up safe zones that will notify you if your child breaches the boundaries.
- App Blocking & Activity Monitoring
With this feature, you’ll be able to see exactly what apps your child is using, which is their most popular, what apps they’re installing and uninstalling, and the exact time they are using them for. You can even see how their social media accounts are being used. You can also block access to the apps and set up custom schedules.
- Web Content Recording & Content Filtering
Using FamiSafe, you’ll be able to see exactly what content is being viewed online and what websites your child is accessing. All the history is recorded, so you have the information you need to make the right decisions. You’ll also be able to apply web content filters to block content and block individual websites you deem inappropriate.
- Screen-Time Tracking & Control
In addition to seeing individual apps, you’ll also be able to see how long your child is using their device for each time in the form of a usage report. As mentioned above, you can also set up usage schedules which means the device will be unusable during the hours you set. This iOS parental controls time limit feature is ideal for bedtime, study time and being at school.
- Remote Controlled Solution
Unlike most other parental control apps, you won’t need access to your child’s phone when you need to make a settings change. Instead, you can simply install the app on your own device and make the changes there, applying them from no matter where you are in the world.
How to Set Screen Limits Using FamiSafe
Let’s say you’ve installed FamiSafe on both you and your child’s phone or tablet and you want to set up a iOS parental controls time limit restriction where the device can’t be used, say your child is studying or spending time with the family. Here’s how easy it is to do that;
From the main menu of FamiSafe, tap the Screen Time option.
On the next page, tap the ‘Set Screen Time Limit’ option. You can also choose to lock the device there and then using the ‘Lock Device’ button.
On the Screen Time page, you’ll be able to choose the length of time that you want to block access to the app. You can do this in hours and minutes at whatever duration you deem necessary.
Once applied, you’ll receive a countdown timer that shows how long the Screen Time Limit has, and what apps are blocked.
How To Set A Screen Time Limit On Kid's iPhone Or iPad Without Third-Party App?
If you don’t want to use a third-party iOS parental control application to block the screen time on your iOS device, there is another option. However, this is only going to be present on the upcoming iOS 12 operating system which is due to be released in September 2018 and will only be available on limited modern devices.
This iOS parental controls time limit option is also titled Downtime and can be found in the Screen Time options. and works in a slightly different way. Here’s how to set it up and use it for yourself once the operating system is available.
Open the Screen Time settings menu located in the Settings option from your iOS main menu.
Select the Downtime option from the homepage of Screen Time. You can then enable or disable the setting and choose the start and end times for the feature. As you can see, all apps on the device, bar a few core applications, will be unavailable for access.
You can allow certain apps as you require.
When it comes to restricting screen time on your child’s iOS device, there are many options that are available to you. While Apple’s iOS 12 looks promising, if you’re looking for a more feature-rich solution that’s available now, FamiSafe is for you.
The app is available on both iOS and Android devices and comes with a free trial period, so you can see for yourself just how ideal this software is.
- iOS Parenting
- iPhone X Parental Controls
- iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Parental Controls
- iPhone 5 Parental Controls
- iPhone 4 Parental Controls
- Best iPhone Parental Control App
- Best iPhone Parental Monitoring App
- Top Parental Apps for iPhone 2018
- Setup Parental Controls on iPhone
- Parental Controls - Lock Download Your Kid's iPhone
- Turn off Parental Controls on iPhone
- Block Text Messages on iPhone
- iOS Restrictions: iPhone Parental Controls Overview for Parents
- iPhone Parental Control
- Best Parental Control Software for iPhone
- Best iPhone Tracking App for Parents
- Set up Youtube Parental Controls on iPhone
- FamiSafe - Best iPod Parental Controls
- iPod Touch Parental Controls
- Set Parental Controls on iPod
- Set Parental Controls on iPad
- iOS 12 - Screen Time and iOS Parental Controls
- The Best iOS Parental Control App
- Set a Screen Time Limit on Your Kid's iPhone or iPad
- Set Up iPad Parental Controls and Content Filtering
- Best Parental Control App for iPad
- Set Youtube Parental Controls on iPad
- Block Access to Adult Content & Websites iPad
- Turn on Parental Controls on iPad
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- Put a Parental Block on Android
- Put a Parental Block on iPad
- Block Apps on iPhone
- Block Facebook Apps
- Block Apps on iPad
- Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- Block People on WhatsApp
- Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- Block a Number on Whatsapp
- Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Parental Controls
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review