How to set up parental controls on Nintendo Switch
nintendo parental controls
Nintendo Switch is one of the most popular gaming consoles, which is used by millions of kids the world over. While it features a wide range of games, your kids can be exposed to inappropriate content on it as well. Thankfully, with the help of Nintendo Switch parental controls, you can easily restrict its use. In this guide, we will teach you how to use the Nintendo parental controls without any trouble.
The Nintendo Switch's Parental Controls
Just like every other gaming console, Nintendo Switch can also be used in different ways. It supports multiplayer games so that your kids can interact with others as well. Though, all of this comes with a catch. Ideally, Nintendo parental controls can help you in the following way.
- You can restrict your kids from accessing adult and inappropriate games or content.
- It can also help you restrict your kids from playing extremely violent games that are not appropriate for their age.
- Sometimes, kids can be friends with strangers through multiplayer games. Protect them from predators by controlling their interaction.
- A lot of kids often get addicted to video games. Parental controls will help you set time-based restrictions on the device.
- The Nintendo Switch parental controls will make sure your kids use gaming console in a thoughtful manner.
How to set up Nintendo Switch parental controls?
Before we proceed and discuss Nintendo parental controls, it is important to be familiar with its navigation. You can use the controls on the screen to navigate. The Joy-Con controller on the right and Plus button can also help you change the navigation switches. Once you have made yourself familiar with the navigation of Nintendo Switch, you can go to its settings and set up the parental control features. To enable the Nintendo Switch parental controls, simply follow these easy steps:
- To start with, you simply have to go to the console settings. Out of all the provided options, select “System Settings”.
- On the left panel, you can view all the different options. Navigate to “Parental Controls” and select it.
- From the right panel, choose to enable the Nintendo Switch parental controls.
- You would be asked whether you wish to set up Nintendo parental controls using your smartphone or the console. Choose to enable controls via the console.
- On the left, go to the “Restriction Level” feature. Here, you can select the age of your kid (child, teen, and so on).
- By selecting the age group, Nintendo will automatically filter age-appropriate content for your kids. In this way, you can set up the automatic Nintendo Switch parental controls.
- Besides that, you can further customize the Nintendo parental controls as well. Right under this option, there is a feature of “Custom Settings”. Simply select it to continue.
- Now, under the “Restricted Software”, you can manually restrict age rated games for your kids. The rating starts from 3+ to 18+. You can select a game rating as per your requirements.
- Go back and select the “Software Rating Organization” feature. This will let you select your region for game rating.
- Also, you can enable or disable social media posting from here. By default, if you have restricted the age of 13 or below for your kids, then this feature will automatically be disabled.
- If you don’t want your kids to interact with other users, then you can go to the “Communicate with Others” option and restrict it as well.
- In the end, just set up a security PIN to complete the setup.
In this way, you can easily use the Nintendo Switch parental controls and make sure that your kids won’t use the device against your will. As you can see, the Nintendo parental controls can also be enabled using your smartphone. To set up Nintendo Switch parental controls on your phone, you need to install a dedicated app (developed by Nintendo) on your device. Simply sign-in to your Nintendo account and verify it by using the restriction code.
From your smartphone, you can easily use its parental control features as well. You can also set up time-based restrictions on the console as well so that your kids won’t get addicted to any game.
FamiSafe: the best parental control and monitoring tool
Not just a gaming console, parents should also make some effort to control the way kids use their smartphones. FamiSafe is one of the best parental control and monitoring software that you can use to keep a strict eye on your kids. The tool works on all the leading Android and iOS devices. From the real-time location of the device to its browsing activity, you can monitor it all. Also, you can restrict the device usage remotely. While you would have to access the target Android device to setup the tracking feature, you don’t even need to access the target iPhone even once. The tool is extremely easy to use and won’t require any prior technical experience as well.
- You can remotely track the real-time location of your kids and check whether they are attending their classes or not.
- Also, you can get the past location history of your kids and track their activities.
- There is also a feature to set geofencing alerts for their check-in and check-outs.
- You can also block (or unblock) any app or website on the device.
- Access an in-depth browsing history, with the website URLs and their timestamps.
- The tool can be used to set scheduled restrictions on the device.
- You can remotely view and control the device through its app dashboard.
- No need to root or jailbreak the target device.
We hope that after reading this guide, you would be able to make the most of Nintendo Switch parental controls for sure. Also, you can use FamiSafe to monitor the way your kids use their smartphones. It is an amazing parental control and monitoring tool that will help you regulate the way your kids use their Android or iOS devices. Create your free account and explore all the amazing features it offers.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review