How to set up parental controls on Nintendo Switch
nintendo parental controls
Nintendo Switch is one of the most popular gaming consoles, which is used by millions of kids the world over. While it features a wide range of games, your kids can be exposed to inappropriate content on it as well. Thankfully, with the help of Nintendo Switch parental controls, you can easily restrict its use. In this guide, we will teach you how to use the Nintendo parental controls without any trouble.
The Nintendo Switch's Parental Controls
Just like every other gaming console, Nintendo Switch can also be used in different ways. It supports multiplayer games so that your kids can interact with others as well. Though, all of this comes with a catch. Ideally, Nintendo parental controls can help you in the following way.
- You can restrict your kids from accessing adult and inappropriate games or content.
- It can also help you restrict your kids from playing extremely violent games that are not appropriate for their age.
- Sometimes, kids can be friends with strangers through multiplayer games. Protect them from predators by controlling their interaction.
- A lot of kids often get addicted to video games. Parental controls will help you set time-based restrictions on the device.
- The Nintendo Switch parental controls will make sure your kids use gaming console in a thoughtful manner.
How to set up Nintendo Switch parental controls?
Before we proceed and discuss Nintendo parental controls, it is important to be familiar with its navigation. You can use the controls on the screen to navigate. The Joy-Con controller on the right and Plus button can also help you change the navigation switches. Once you have made yourself familiar with the navigation of Nintendo Switch, you can go to its settings and set up the parental control features. To enable the Nintendo Switch parental controls, simply follow these easy steps:
- To start with, you simply have to go to the console settings. Out of all the provided options, select “System Settings”.
- On the left panel, you can view all the different options. Navigate to “Parental Controls” and select it.
- From the right panel, choose to enable the Nintendo Switch parental controls.
- You would be asked whether you wish to set up Nintendo parental controls using your smartphone or the console. Choose to enable controls via the console.
- On the left, go to the “Restriction Level” feature. Here, you can select the age of your kid (child, teen, and so on).
- By selecting the age group, Nintendo will automatically filter age-appropriate content for your kids. In this way, you can set up the automatic Nintendo Switch parental controls.
- Besides that, you can further customize the Nintendo parental controls as well. Right under this option, there is a feature of “Custom Settings”. Simply select it to continue.
- Now, under the “Restricted Software”, you can manually restrict age rated games for your kids. The rating starts from 3+ to 18+. You can select a game rating as per your requirements.
- Go back and select the “Software Rating Organization” feature. This will let you select your region for game rating.
- Also, you can enable or disable social media posting from here. By default, if you have restricted the age of 13 or below for your kids, then this feature will automatically be disabled.
- If you don’t want your kids to interact with other users, then you can go to the “Communicate with Others” option and restrict it as well.
- In the end, just set up a security PIN to complete the setup.
In this way, you can easily use the Nintendo Switch parental controls and make sure that your kids won’t use the device against your will. As you can see, the Nintendo parental controls can also be enabled using your smartphone. To set up Nintendo Switch parental controls on your phone, you need to install a dedicated app (developed by Nintendo) on your device. Simply sign-in to your Nintendo account and verify it by using the restriction code.
From your smartphone, you can easily use its parental control features as well. You can also set up time-based restrictions on the console as well so that your kids won’t get addicted to any game.
FamiSafe: the best parental control and monitoring tool
Not just a gaming console, parents should also make some effort to control the way kids use their smartphones. FamiSafe is one of the best parental control and monitoring software that you can use to keep a strict eye on your kids. The tool works on all the leading Android and iOS devices. From the real-time location of the device to its browsing activity, you can monitor it all. Also, you can restrict the device usage remotely. While you would have to access the target Android device to setup the tracking feature, you don’t even need to access the target iPhone even once. The tool is extremely easy to use and won’t require any prior technical experience as well.
- You can remotely track the real-time location of your kids and check whether they are attending their classes or not.
- Also, you can get the past location history of your kids and track their activities.
- There is also a feature to set geofencing alerts for their check-in and check-outs.
- You can also block (or unblock) any app or website on the device.
- Access an in-depth browsing history, with the website URLs and their timestamps.
- The tool can be used to set scheduled restrictions on the device.
- You can remotely view and control the device through its app dashboard.
- No need to root or jailbreak the target device.
We hope that after reading this guide, you would be able to make the most of Nintendo Switch parental controls for sure. Also, you can use FamiSafe to monitor the way your kids use their smartphones. It is an amazing parental control and monitoring tool that will help you regulate the way your kids use their Android or iOS devices. Create your free account and explore all the amazing features it offers.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension