10 Parental Control Apps for Android Devices
parental controls for android
Part 1: Introduction:
Today’s generation is experiencing a great influence of the technology. The technology had a great impact all over the world but its negative effects have also taken its toll on the kids. The kids are getting addicted to the technology from a very young age which is not good for their mental and physical growth. It is the Android phones which are used by most of the kids, so, we are going to discuss the parental control for Android. To protect their kids from the harmful effects of technology, the parents have opted for the Android parental control methods available in the online market.
Part 2: Why we need Android parental controls? What can it do for us?
The need for parental control in the young generation is very important as it would help the parents to take control of their kids. Some of the main reason that parents use Android parental control is listed below:
- Cyber Safety.
- For better Time Management.
- To protect online reputation.
- To have a data backup.
- To teach the kids about cyber etiquette.
Part 3: 10 Great Parental Controls for Android Phones and Tablets.
1. FamiSafe:Description: The FamiSafe Parental control is one of the best apps to establish Android Parental Control. This app will let the parents track and monitor all the activities of their kid’s device remotely. They will have a proper knowledge of their whereabouts, their social media activities, app usage and much more.
- Location and Geofences: This feature will allow the parents to track the real-time location of the kids. They can also define a safe zone for the kids with the help of Geofences so that parents will know if they get into an unsafe zone.
- Web content filtering: There is a variety of content available on the internet which is not appropriate for the kids. This app will help the parents to filter that content and only provide useful and educational content to the kids.
- Screen time control: The Screen time feature will provide a complete report of the app usage of the kid. Then the parents can determine how much time their kid spends on the Android device and put a limit to it if needed.
- App blocking: The parents can also block the apps which they don’t see fit for their kids whether it is games or social media.
- Smart setting: This feature lets you combine two or more settings all together simultaneously.
- Very effective in parental control.
- Easy to handle the user interface.
- No rooting is required for the app.
- The app is not free for use.
2. Family Time Parental Control:
Description: This app was designed to make a new way to manage the content and time of the apps on the Android device for the whole family.
- Access Control and Limit Screen Time.
- Track SMS and watch Contacts.
- App Blocker and activity reports.
- Mobile Geofences and location.
- The chat customer support is fantastic.
- The continuous operation of tracking location drains battery really fast.
Description: You can use the Qustodio Android Parental control with the advanced features provided by this app. This app helps the parents to monitor their kids and keep the Android devices safe and supervised.
- It can monitor Web and search activities.
- Set screen time limits and block adult content.
- Get daily reports of the kid’s activities.
- Supports an SOS button that alerts the family members.
- It has a wide range of language support.
- As it uses the device admin permission, it can’t be uninstalled without the parent's permission.
- Some features are only available in the premium version.
4. Net Nanny:
Description: The Net Nanny Parental Control App is also available now as Android Parental Control. It will help the parents the freedom to use their phone without having the fear that they would access inappropriate content. It acts as a default browser for your kid Android device.
- The application management feature allows blocking the unwanted apps.
- It enables age appropriate filtering along with SSL filtering.
- Strict safe search enforcement.
- Real-time contextual analysis.
- Remote web-based management with custom Whitelist and Blacklist.
- The kid’s device is protected regardless of what network they are using.
- The activity reports provide good knowledge of visited web pages, alerts, and other activities.
- The customer support is poor.
Description: It is a GPS locator along with a parental control for Android system. It acts as a mediator to help the parents to understand their kids by monitoring their Android devices remotely. Locategy combines the features of a GPS locator and the parental control features together for better control over the kids.
- You can locate the kids by using real-time GPS tracking technology.
- It provides app usage report along with incoming and outgoing calls and messages.
- Limit the usage of specific apps to keep the kid-focused.
- Gives automatic alerts for Geofencing feature and track location history.
- Proper control over web access.
- It enables a remote wipe which can be done to prevent the kid’s identity from theft.
- Can also be used for adults.
- It has a panic button for a child which alerts the parents of their kid’s location.
- It sometimes shows connectivity problems.
6. Kids Place-Parental Control:
Description: An effective app that can prevent your kid from downloading any new app, making phone calls, messaging, or performing any other action on their device is what the parents needed. The Kids Place is an amazing parental control for Android devices.
- Allow access to apps that are approved by parents and blocks the rest.
- Prevent children from buying or downloading a new app.
- It is capable of blocking even the simplest activities of the phone such as calling, texting, wireless connection, etc.
- It can convert any phone or tablet functions into kids mode.
- No need to create an account.
- No internet connection is required.
- Completely free of cost.
- It keeps notifying to buy the premium version of the app.
7. Kaspersky Safe Kids:
Description: The Kaspersky Safe Kids is an innovative parental control for Android devices. It allows the parents to establish parental control over an unlimited number of devices. With the remarkable features, it has proven to be an effective tool for parental control.
- Flexibly blocks access to websites which contain inappropriate content.
- You can customize a list of blocked and allowed websites and apps.
- Enables Internet Safe Search feature.
- Location access and history
- It has an extensive functionality.
- The user interface is very innovative and easy to operate.
- There are many features that are not available for the free version.
- The customer support is not appreciable.
8. Boomerang- Parental and Screen Time Controls:
Description: This app establishes safety rules and screen time on the child’s device. You can also pair all the other family devices with a single account. When the parents use this Android parental control method then they will be able to have a proper talk about the usage of the kid’s phone activities.
- Safe videos access and browsing.
- Offers flexible screen time for the digital wellbeing of the kids. Control and monitor all the apps that are installed or uninstalled on the kid’s device.
- Location access is provided remotely.
- The tracking feature is considerably amazing.
- The device downtime for bed put a good end to games, social media and other apps simultaneously.
- The spin browser filtering doesn’t work sometimes.
- The app only supports Android version 5.x and higher.
9. Secure Teen Parental Control:
Description: The Secure Teen Parental Control app helps the parents to control the time the kids spend on the Android phones or tablets. It will prevent the usage of the phone so that the kids can get involved in some other curricular activities.
- Set screen time limit and have a 24/7 check on the kid's activities.
- The scheduling features allow the parents to set a daily time limit for phone and tablet usage.
- Monitor calls, contacts, messages, and other data of the devices.
- Location tracking is also available.
- Easy to use dashboard with simple and quick access.
- The paid version shows some error in a few features.
- The customer service is not helpful.
10. Screen Time Parental Control:
- Monitor the time spent by the kids on their phones or tablets.
- Send a notification every time your kid tries to install or uninstall an app.
- Allows the parents to see which websites are accessed by the kids.
- Block certain apps for specific times in a day.
- Almost every activity can be controlled with the help of this app.
- The app is not that expensive.
- The app became inactive in some cases due to unknown reasons.
Part 4: Conclusion:
In the article, we discussed different parental controls for Android OS. All of the apps have some distinctive features that make them stand out. You can opt for any of the parental control methods as per their requirements. But if you want to have all the amazing features of the parental control in just one app, then it is recommended to use the FamiSafe Parental Control App. you can simply download the parental control for Android from Google Play Store and start monitoring your kids.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension