How to set up parental controls on Roblox
roblox parental control
Part 1: An introduction to Roblox
If your kids love to play online games, you might have heard about Roblox. If you don’t have an exact idea about what it is, here we will give you an introduction to the platform. Roblox is a popular online entertainment platform for kids. It allows users to create and play games in the Roblox Studio. Launched in 2006, Roblox has more than 30 million users in the world. The platform allows users to interact with other gamers and play a wide variety of games. From spooky maze to role-playing, scary to violent, shoot to kill, there is a game for every person on the platform. But this is where issues lie.
When kids and teens are exposed to content without considering their state of mind, it can be very dangerous to them. Here, we will learn about the risks associated with Roblox, what parents can do to protect their children and how to set up Roblox parental control.
Part 2: What are the risks associated with Roblox?
As you know Roblox is a multiplayer game, there is also user-generated content. Also, the lack of adequate moderation, children are often exposed to violent shoot and kill games, horror games, and other inappropriate virtual behaviors. So, there is always a risk that the kids might be exposed to stranger danger and adult content like pornography. Having Roblox parental controls in place is essential.
Though the platform has specific rules related to abuse and pornographic content, the problem can be eradicated only when it is reported. In addition to this, kids are being approached by creepy users to have cybersex, and the platform even has a sex room where nude avatars do unspeakable things. Thus the need for Roblox parental controls is important. You cannot always keep the kids away from the phone but can restrict them entirely from using the Roblox app.
Part 3: What can parents do?
To protect your child from the dangers of Roblox, we are advising some things that might help you sort out the issue quickly.
A: 3 ways to protect the child on Roblox
To establish Roblox parental control, you will have to start with small steps. Try out the following things.
Ensure proper account setup
First and foremost, make sure that your child’s registration in Roblox has an accurate birth date. It has an ESRB rating, which means it is only available for individuals above 10. This will enable automatic filtering and other protection features designed to protect them.
Create an account pin
The second step is to create an Account PIN. This is important because all the Roblox parental control settings are native to each account, kids can navigate to settings and change any of the parental control settings put in place. This 4-digit PIN will be required for any changes made to the account, refrain kids from changing the settings.
Access to parental control
Roblox has built-in parental control to put restrictions on how your kid uses the app. You can access it from the Settings and make sure that the adult content, voice chat option, and others are disabled. Plus, you can make sure that the kids stay away from the inappropriate games which are not suitable for their age.
When your child plays Roblox either on a computer, tablet or gaming console, we recommend parents to stay nearby. This enables you to keep an eye on what kind of games they’re playing, how they’re playing, and with whom they’re interacting. Even once your child becomes accustomed to Roblox, it’s still a good idea to check in once in a while to make sure they’re using it appropriately.
Play Roblox with your child
To get good knowledge about Roblox and to see how kids interact, the best way is to play the game yourself. Set up an account for yourself and add your child as a friend so you can play games together. This gives you a better sense of what types of experiences your child will encounter on the platform and also how they interact with other friends and players inside specific games. And, besides keeping a check on your kid, it might be fun for you too.
Another thing that you can try out is to use a parental control app FamiSafe to keep your kids safe while playing games on Roblox.
B: Parental Control App FamiSafe
FamiSafe is an all-in-one parental control app that allows you to block app, track, monitor, and spy on your kids remotely. You can also check call logs, text message logs, etc. with its powerful features. It enables you to set Roblox parental controls as well.
The main features of the FamiSafe that make it remarkable are given below:
App Blocker – It allows you to block certain apps to keep the online threat and addiction away.
Schedule Restriction – With this feature parents can put a time limit on mobile phone and app usage.
GPS and Geofencing – It enables you to keep track of the location and set alerts for when your kid enters or leaves geo-fences.
App Activity Monitor – This enables you to monitor how kids use their phones, which apps are used mostly, what apps are installed and uninstalled.
Web Content Filtering – This helps block any unwanted websites with inappropriate content. You also get alerts when inappropriate words are used in WhatsApp, social media or SMS.
C: What can FamiSafe do to protect kids?
Most parents think that it is hard to learn how to set parental controls on Roblox. But it is pretty easy to do that if you have the right tool. You can use the various features of the FamiSafe app to protect your kids from all kinds of dangers.
The main advantages of using the FamiSafe for parental control are given below:
- Schedule screentime to limit when your child can’t use the Roblox app, such as bedtime, study time, and dinner.
- The app blocker helps restrict the usage of the application permanently or can block it for some time.
- Prevent cyberbullying by detecting suspicious content, sexting, and swearing.
- Smart control gives you more flexibility to control the child device by combining different control settings.
- Track the real-time location of your kid to know their whereabouts. It enables you to monitor your kid’s location at any time and get alerts when they enter or leave an area.
Part 4: How to use FamiSafe
Using FamiSafe is quite easy. Just follow the steps mentioned below.
Step 1 – Install FamiSafe
Install the app on both parent’s and kid’s cell phones from Apple Store or Google Play.
Step 2 – Register
Once the app is installed, register either on your or your kid’s phone. The same account applies to both devices.
Step 3 – Make some Settings on Both Devices
On kid’s phone
Log in to the account and choose an identity as a kid. Fill in the name and age of your child. Grant necessary permissions to FamiSafe.
On parent’s phone
Log into your registered account and select identity as a parent. Now connect to your kid’s device. You can now remotely spy on your kid’s device.
Part 5: FAQs: Is Roblox safe for kids?
Roblox can be creative and fun and is designed to play online with each other within the games. Some of the games are G and PG-rated and certainly seems suitable for younger children, but only if the parental controls are set up and there is strict parental supervision.
Is Roblox content suitable for all ages?
Available across all devices and some VR headsets, Roblox has an ESRB rating of E10+ meaning that gameplay is suitable for most kids. However, the rating also includes a warning for parents that players can communicate with each other, join groups and create and share games. Though Roblox proactively monitors the content created on it, with 70 million active users some offensive communications or user-generated content may slip through. So, parents need to familiarize themselves with the robust parental controls that Roblox provides to ensure their children are safe from inappropriate content or communications.
How much does Roblox cost?
Roblox is free to download and play, but also contains in-game purchases in the form of Robux. Players can use Robux to obtain new clothes, accessories, and gear for their avatar, as well as special abilities, bonus in-game content, and access to certain user-created games. The smallest amount of Robux you can purchase starts at 400 for $4.95, but the exchange rate is slightly more favorable if you decide to purchase more. With this, kids tend to hit the purchase button costing you a lot of money.
Roblox allows kids to play, explore, socialize, create and learn in a self-directed way. By taking advantage of all the great features of FamiSafe to setup Roblox parental controls and actively engaging with your kid, you can sleep peacefully knowing that your kids are having fun, are safe, while also potentially gaining skills upon which they can build for years to come.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review