Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
android monitoring software
- Parent Monitoring Tips
- Monitoring Apps
- Social Media Parental Control
Kids today are living in the digital generation! From social networking apps to unlimited content online, there are endless ways in which kids are using technology and Internet. It has become a necessity for the overall growth and development of your kid. But, there are unlimited potential dangers that lurk the web too. There is a fine line between keeping a watch on the kids and intruding their privacy. Tightening the reins on the privacy of your child and pulling back when they are about to enter danger areas can be really challenging. Parental control apps have risen out of this need.
The prime idea of parental control apps is not to spy into your child’s life, but to shield them from potential dangers. You can find a range of Android monitoring software in the market.
Need of Phone Monitoring Apps
Phone monitoring apps help parents strike a balance between giving freedom and maintaining restrictions on usage of technology for their kids. You can either install the apps before handing over the device to your kids or install it in front of them. In any case, it is always better to let your kids know that you have a control over their phones. This ensures that your kid does not feel you are spying behind their back.
- These apps allow you to keep a watch on the social media activity of your kids. It can avoid the tragic consequences faced by the kids due to online harassment, bullying and more. With the increase in incidents of online harassment of kids, these apps allow you take action before its too late.
- These apps allow you to set limits and make your kids understand of the value of these limits. It sets a clear line of what the kids are not supposed to do or watch.
- Building trust with your kids is really important and these apps help you achieve this. These apps pave a way to build responsibility and trust among your kids.
- With these apps, you can spot risky behavior or suspicious behavior of your kids. Getting hold of these problems in the early stage prevent them from turning into major problems.
10 Apps for Android Phone Monitoring
Here are the top 10 Android monitoring apps that give you peace of mind while your kids safely use their smartphones.
This app is only intended to monitor mobile devices. It is a welcome option for parents looking for a cheap and reliable monitoring option.
- Construct geo-fences
- Take action in case of emergencies
- Monitor activity on YouTube
- Simple to use
- Web interface allows monitoring of different elements
- Mobile only solution.
Cost - $9.99 per device per month
2. Highster Mobile
This monitoring app for Android phone tracks all activities going on the home. It also allows to hide the application icon from the phone if you wish to keep it a secret.
- Check SMS, call history and more.
- Monitor conversations on social media platforms
- Allows to keep a check remotely and virtually
- Can secretly track the activities on phone
- No need to download on the target phone
- Lacks in important features
Cost - $6.99
3. Norton Family Premier
This app offers the best mix of app management, web filtering, location tracking and more.
- Makes web safer to use for the kids
- Gives detailed reports of what your kids are doing online
- Schedule screen limit times
- Reliable tracking
- Easy to use
- High cost
Cost - $49.99
4. Kaspersky Safe Kids
It allows parents to keep a watch on the digital activities of their kids.A truly modern parental control app with several features.
- Alerts and notifications broken down into categories
- Receive alerts via push notification, email and more
- Content filtering
- No restriction on number of devices
- Option to warn or block bad sites
- Monitoring for social networks
- Monitoring of call and text only for Android devices
Cost - $15.00
It provides support for a range of devices including Kindle. The online dashboard makes it really easy to monitor multiple devices.
- Application based time restrictions
- Activity history of 30 days
- Web filtering
- Content filtering is browser independent
- Call blocking possible
- Powerful monitoring of social media
- Does not involve control on games.
- Limit of 5 devices.
Cost - $45.00 with a free option as well
6. Net Nanny
The very first company to launch parent controlled Internet filter. Reduces the risk your child is being exposed to online.
- Dynamic filters that scan and analyse each website.
- Remote management
- Offers parental controls
- Comprehensive features in a single solution
- Uses a custom mobile browser that becomes child’s default browser
- Package price for multiple devices.
Cost - $59.99 per year for 5 devices or computers.
It gives parents tools to know what your kid is doing on the phone. It is packed with a set of robust features.
- App management
- Location tracking
- Text monitoring
- Gives detailed logs of browsing and texting
- Time limit controls
- Not very user friendly.
- Limit of 3 devices
Cost - $89.00
It is a web and device monitoring tool for parents. This app helps parents shield away their children from harmful content on web.
- Monitor calls and text messages
- Classify websites into categories
- Smart category based scanning
- Simplistic UI and icons make it easy to use
- Web based dashboard for easier controls
- Monthly and yearly packages
Cost - $29.99 per year
9. ESET Parental Control
It is an app designed especially for children using tablets and smartphones. It is also supporting wearables now.
- Get a list of visited domains
- Enter child’s age to set guards on websites visited
- Monitor only mode or blocking option available
- Allows to set maximum usage time for apps
- Show only suitable apps to children in Play Store
- Does not give location history or log
Cost - $69.00 per year for 3users
10. Screen Time Parental Control
It ensures that kids use Internet until a healthy limit set by you. It set boundaries on screen time of the kids
- See which apps are being used specifically and for how long
- Family screentime pact
- Check search history
- Lets parents manage amount of screen time
- Offers rewards in terms of times saved.
- Limited features
Cost–Free for 14 days then upgrade to Premium version
The best Android monitoring app that has won the hearts of parents is the FamiSafe app. This app is a one-stop-solution for parental control and is packed with robust features. It is a kids tracker and parental control app, thus ensuring you do not have to bounce between different apps. FamiSafe empowers parents and gives them peace of mind that their children are safe from online threats. Monitor Android phone with the FamiSafe app today! Download now!