Best Child Video Monitors of 2018
child video monitor
- Child Monitoring
- Parental Controls
- How to Set Parental Control on Youtube
- How to Set Parental Controls on Kindle Fire
- Facebook Parental Controls
- How to Set Parental Control on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App for iPhone & Android
- Best iPhone Monitoring for Parents
- Best Parental Monitoring Software for iPhone
- Best Parental Phone Monitoring App for Tracking Children
- Computer Monitoring Software for Parents
- Free Cell Phone Monitoring for Parents 2018
- Internet Monitoring Software for Parents
- Baby Monitor
- Monitor Child's iPhone
- Check Private Browsing History on Android
- Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- Best Parental Control Apps
- Set Parental Control on YouTube
- Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- Parental Control Routers
- Snapchat Parental Control
- How to Set Parental Controls on Social Media Apps
- The Best Parental Controls for Teen Social Media
- How to Monitor Social Media Apps on Kid's iPhone
- How to Monitor Social Media Apps on Android Phones or Tablets
- 10 Reasons You Need Parental Control Software
- The Best Parental Control Software 2018
- Best Free Parental Control Software
- Parental Control Software Reviews
- Parental Control Software for Mac (Macintosh OS X)
- Parental Control Software for Internet Filtering
- The Best Parental Control Software and Apps
- Free Download the Best Parental Control Software
- Best Parental Control Software 2018 - Time Control
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
You as a parent always strive to give the best to your child. You always want your child to be secured, to have the best of food, to be healthy, to have the best of the education. You give food which is safe, take him to the doctor for regular check up and try to find the best school for him in your vicinity. So, when it comes to security why not chose the best technique?
You can keep an eye on your child through a child video monitor. Some might argue about it being redundant and unnecessary. But, think, where is the harm on an extra layer of protection? With the increased number of accidents, a child video monitor will surely add some peace of mind in your hectic schedule. For working parents, it can act as a big relief. They can keep an eye on the child while he is with the caretaker or alone. Even if you are a stay at home mom or dad, it can never be possible for you to be with your child 24/7. Moreover hovering over the kid can be a hindrance in his development. While the baby needs to be given some ‘me time’, keeping an eye over him is necessary to ensure his safety.
Do you need a child monitor? Why?
You must be wondering my baby might be just a few days old, do I need a child video monitor? Or my child is grown-up, do I still need it? Read on to know the benefits of the child video monitor.
Peace of mind.
Have the child video monitor in your baby’s room and buy some peace of mind for yourself. In spite of not being the same room you will see your child and listen to his voice, knowing that he is safe. The hazards even while the baby is sleeping, is numerous, so why take a chance?
Even if your child is grown-up, you will know about his activities and be at solace.
Being with a baby always, might still seem to be a possibility, but as the child starts growing up, your constant guidance might act as an interference. Let your child take his own decisions and keep a close eye on him (correct him through communication whenever necessary).This will give some personal space to you too, which is of utmost importance in the journey of parenthood.
Keeping a check.
Kids cannot be expected to abide by all your words. They might watch TV during homework time, or play during sleep time! While being disciplined is necessary, you might not be always around to check them. So, installing a child video monitor can let you know whether the child is sticking to his schedule or not. Even the child will know that his parents are watching him, so will be little less naughty.
How to choose a child video monitor?
The purchasing decision of the child video monitor depends on your set-up, your schedule and your requirements. Some important things to keep in mind while making the decision:
1. Always prefer to buy model with a high frequency for increased clarity and less possible disturbances.
2. Try to get wireless receiver or better with a mobile video streaming option. It will give you with the option of keeping in touch with the child even when you are not at home.
3. A model with a sound-activated light notification, will flash a light whenever it detects a noise. So, it will grab your immediate attention even while you are in a meeting or listening to music.
4. Two way communication to enable you to talk to your child while keeping an eye over him.
Best Child Video Monitors of 2018
With the numerous number of child video monitoring available, choosing the best might seem to be a challenge for you, so here’s the 5 Best child video monitors:
A very convenient monitor at a cost of $117 approximately, comes with the following features:
- Control remotely for best view of the child.
- The freestanding monitor makes it easily portable.
- Battery backup of 3 hours.
- Room temperature display.
- Has coverage of up to 1000 feet.
- 4 cameras can be connected to the monitor.
- The only trouble is the loud sound it makes when switched on.
- With the lullaby option, it is very apt for fussy babies.
- 2 way audible to communicate with your child.
This cute looking monitor will give the sharpest view of your child’s room in your mobile at a cost of $199.99 approximately.
- Very compact and can be mounted on wall with live streaming option in your mobile.
- Resolution of up to 1080p available.
- Comes with many sensors — air quality, humidity, room temperature, sound and movement. Set alerts for any specific condition.
- As a relief to new parents, it has speaker to play lullabies.
- Battery life up to 3 hours.
- Its video recording feature makes it good for teens monitoring also.
- Availability in night mode makes it suitable for kids of all age group.
Very suitable as a multi-purpose monitoring device at $ 209 approximately.
- It’s well designed mobile app makes it very user friendly.
- Has 2 way communication and can be placed anywhere in the house.
- On sensing any movement or sound, the device will trigger a mobile and email notification to you.
- It lack battery back-up and needs to be plugged into an outlet.
- You can view activities that had taken place earlier (up to 3 hours).
If your child gets easily distracted by noise, then this the monitoring device for you at $189.95 approximately.
- Using background noise controller you can mute all the unnecessary sounds disturbing your child during his bed or study times.
- Remote control facility to get a better view of the room and adjust room temperature.
- Comes with a nightlight that you can adjust from your monitor.
- Battery back-up is poor and thus advised to be plucked in to charger.
- 2 way communication to sooth your baby or guide your child.
This child video monitor from Project Nursery comes with Alexa Speaker at cost of $229.99 approximately.
- As it comes with the Alexa speaker, you can control the camera with your voice.
- You can control the room’s temperature, view and a play a lullaby from any other room that has Alexa-powered speaker.
- With a resolution of 720p, it display sharp pictures.
- Video recording and image recording will let you know what is your child is up to even if you miss the real time view.
FamiSafe - Best Parental Control App
As the child grows up into a teenager, keeping a watch over his indoor activates is not sufficient. For pre-teens and teens you will need more technologically advanced monitoring tool to watch them outside the house and also to keep a tap of their screen time. For this, there are phone monitoring apps. From guiding the kid’s mobile usage habit to tracking his social media activities, these apps can help you in numerous ways.
- Location tracking will help you to know the real time location of your child. To know all the locations visited by your child, refer to the historical data store in the app.
- Some apps come with Geofencing features to alert you if your child enters a restricted zone.
- Using app blocking feature, control applications in your child’s phone.
- Keep a track of your child’s text messages and call logs. You can read the ingoing and outgoing text from your kid’s mobile. You can manage your kid’s contact list from your mobile by blocking and unblocking your kid’s contacts and through alerts for any new contacts being added.
- Internet with its immense benefits at times become a concern for parents. Kids are not mature enough to handle it safely and therefore can land up into trouble. So, it is desirable to keep a strict control over the internet usage of the kids. These apps will let you block sites containing adult contents and also monitor their social network activities closely.
FamiSafe is one of the best phone monitoring app from Wondershare. To control your kid’s mobile usage, it’s smart and compatible features makes it a must buy for you. Download it from App Store or Play Store and use it for free for 3 days.
As kids, like me, many of you might have thought that moms are omnipresent and keep a watch over us with their pair of eyes on their back. Technology has made it somewhat true and using the child video monitors and apps like FamiSafe, you can have two extra pair of eyes and ears to ensure your child’s safety.