These Teen Slang Words That Parents Should Learn in 2020
Teen Slang Words That Parents Should Learn
- Windows Parental Controls
- YouTube Parental Controls
- Snapchat Parental Controls
Due to the advent of social media, the kids and teens connect with strangers and anonymous people easily at the cyberspace. The private chat feature ignites the teens to have great fun and use inappropriate teen slang terms with their friends. The group chats in social media allow the teens to share whatever they feel like because of the end-to-end encrypted chat platform, and the parents cannot peep into this environment. It is high time for digital parents to take the right measure to control the online activities of their kids and teens. It is the sole responsibility of the parents to safeguard their children from the hidden online monsters. In this article, you will learn how to establish a reliable control on the gadget usage in kids and teens.
Part 1: Why is important for parents to know teen slang
The present teens develop their language to communicate with their loved ones and friends. To stand unique and differentiate from their parents, the teens create such slang words. The parents need to learn about teen slang words. As per the teen slang dictionary, you can find a wide range of collections comprising of both the good ones and the bad terms. The parents will be able to understand the teen’s communication with their friends only if they understand their teen slang words. The parents must explore on teen slang terms and take appropriate measure if they find their teen uses bad slang with their friends. To guide the teens in the right path the parents must watch their teen’s communication and behaviour carefully. Timely action against teen’s offensive communication helps them to realize their flaws quickly.
Part 2: What is the popular teen slang for 2020?
a: Here are the general teen slang words commonly used during their chat
- Dope: Wow, cool, awesome
- Lit: Exciting
- YOLO: You Only Live Once
- OMG: Oh My God
- Gucci: Fine, good, going well
- GOAT: Greatest Of All The Time
- Tea: time for gossips and stories
- Snatched: fashionable, looking gorgeous
- TBH: To Be Honest
- Hangry: Hungry and Angry
- Crashy: Crazy
- Requestion: Question again
b: Dating and sex-related teen slang and their meaning
- Molly: dangerous party drug
- Smash: have casual sex
- Sloshed: to be drunk
- WTTP: Want To Trade Photos?
- LMIRL: Lets Meet In Real Life
- 53X: Sex
- Cu46: Meet you for sex
- Ghosting: disconnect communication with the dated person
- Zombieing: Resuming the communication who has ghosted you
- Breadcrumbing: the act of sending flirty messages
- Non- date date: You go for a date having flirts, eye contacts etc but it feels that this is not the actual date.
- Patching: if a girl or boy ignores online after having fun chat for a few days
c: Casual teen slang and their meaning
- Throw down: To throw a party
- Dayger: Party during the day
- Rager: Big party
- Basic: Boring
- Bruh: Bro
- Fam: Group of friends
- Flex: To show off
- Noob: newbie
- Squad: Group of friends who hang out together
- Periodt: End of statement
- Shook: Shaken up
- No Cap: True
Part 3: FamiSafe- Internet safety solution for parents
To protect the teens from the online threats then FamiSafe parental control app is the right choice. In the current situation, digital parents must take proactive measure before the kids and teens become a trap in the cyberspace. The FamiSafe assist the parents to take immediate action and safeguard the children on time. It has fabulous features and mind-blowing performance. You can take a quick look at its remarkable functionalities below.
- The FamiSafe app from Wondershare provides an ‘App Blocker’ control to block inappropriate apps in your kid’s mobile remotely
- The ‘Explicit Content Detection’ feature sends an alert signal to the respective parents when it finds any vulgar teen slang words as the text messages listed out in the teen’s phone.
- The FamiSafe parental control app detects suspicious phots in the teen’s gadget and notifies to the connected devices immediately.
- You can access the real-time location of your kids using the FamiSafe app and set ‘Geofence’ to protect the kids and teens from the nearby unsafe zones.
- Limit the gadget usage in your teen using the ‘Screen Time’ option.
- Web Filter & SafeSearch
- Screen Time Limit & Schedule
- Location Tracking & Driving Report
- App Blocker & App Activity Tracker
- YouTube History Monitor & Video Blocker
- Social Media Texts & Porn Images Alerts
- *Works on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Kindle Fire
Features in Detail
App Blocker and Usage
The FamiSafe app allows you to block unnecessary apps installed in your kid’s phone remotely. You can set a time limit to each app and control its usage. When you set the time limit, the app functions within the time range. The app becomes inactive as soon as the time limit expires. Using this feature, you can establish a complete control on the app usage in your kid’s device effortlessly.
Explicit Content Detection
As you all know that most teens and kids create social media account like Facebook, Instagram etc to connect with their friends. They might encounter with strangers and sexual predators even without their knowledge. Certain teen friends may share inappropriate slang words which may enter into your child’ phone quickly. The FamiSafe app scans the text messages available in your kid’s phone, if it finds any offensive words then immediately it sends an alert signal to the respective parents. The parents can take immediate action and protect the kids and teens from the unsafe online zone promptly.
The FamiSafe parental control app has a built-in library comprising of offensive and inappropriate teen slang words. You can add more words to this list and update it as per your needs without any issues. The FamiSafe use this bank of words to detect suspicious texts in the child’s phone.
The FamiSafe app detects any suspicious photos in your kid’s phone gallery and alerts the connected device swiftly. The parents can take appropriate measure and safeguard the teen from the trap of online sexual predators.
The FamiSafe app assists the digital parents to track the live location details of their kid precisely. You can create ‘Geo Fence’ to protect the child from the nearby prohibited areas. When your kid enters the unsafe zone, you will receive an alert signal. The Real-time location tracking serves to be a boon to the teen’s parents. No need to call your teens anymore instead track their moves effectively with FamiSafe app.
If you find your kid and teen is spending more time on gadgets, then ‘Screen Time’ from FamiSafe is the right feature to control their gadget activities. You can set a time limit for gadget usage and when the time expires the phone locks automatically. Your kid cannot unlock the device by themselves. It is the best method to limit the screen time in your kids and teens.
Thus, this article revealed you with popular teen slang words commonly used by the teens during their communication. It is high time for the parents to take respective measures to monitor the online communication of the teens to protect them from unnecessary cyber issues. The FamiSafe parental control app plays a vital part in controlling the gadget activities of the kids and teens. Use the application optimally and get benefitted by enabling the crucial functionalities in the supervision process. Detect and take the right measures using FamiSafe app when you find inappropriate text messages in your teen’s device. Stay connected with FamiSafe parental control app and explore exciting features in future.