How to Install YouTube App for Kindle Fire
Methods to Install YouTube on Kindle Fire
- YouTube Parental Control
- How to see your YouTube history?
- What is Metaverse? Parent Guide
- Put parental controls on YouTube
- Delete TikTok Account without Phone Number
- Ways to block YouTube channels
- Ways to Get Somone's IP Address and Hide IP Address
- A complete guide on YouTube parental control
- What is Fanfiction? Parents Guide
- Kids safe YouTube alternative
- Top 5 TikTok Alternatives
- Methods to restrict YouTube adult content
- Social Media App Parental Controls
- Parental Control Tips
There are various reasons why the YouTube app cannot be downloaded on Kindle Fire directly. So is it possible to watch the videos on YouTube smoothly? The answer is No! It is mainly because you need to install the YouTube app on the tablet first.
One of the top limitations of Amazon's tablets is the lack of app support in context with Google. No doubt, the tablets do run Android as the operating system, but in reality, it's a forked version of Android custom made by Amazon for the Fire Tablets and streaming devices. Many consumers, like Fire OS, work similar to the Android, and Amazon's versions have replaced the center code of Google's apps involving the entire list of Play apps.
So as there is no official support from Google for the OS, Google's apps cannot be found in the Amazon App Store. Thus the YouTube is unfortunately not available for the Kindle Fire HD. Due to the missing universal apps in the Amazon App Store, it makes one of the most significant disadvantages for the users looking forward to the Android Tablet.
As the Kindle Fire Tablet consists of a 7-inch big display, it is exceptionally suitable for watching videos. But the Youtube app for Kindle fire can only be installed from a source that is not related to Amazon. So the question is: What is the technique of getting it and how it is required to install YouTube differently? Amazon wants to make sure that you use its services, but it does not apply to YouTube! It acts a bit differently.
Table of the Content
Steps to install the Youtube app for Kindle Fire:
STEP 1:The foremost step is to make sure to set it, so as you can sideload the applications. Then you need to scroll down on the home screen. You then further need to allow and give permission to the installation of all the apps.
STEP 2: The second step is to download theyoutube.apk file onto your computer.
STEP 3: In the third step when you have downloaded the file, you need to connect with your Amazon Kindle Fire HD tablet with your computer. (if in case it is not connected to the computer already.) As soon as the Autoplay comes at the top, you need to click open the device to view the files. You can also open it on the computer.
STEP 4: The fourth step includes that you need to go to the Download Folder and the APK file needs to be copied.
STEP 5: The fifth step is installing the ES File Explorer on the Fire( if not installed) and then opening the Download Folder.
STEP 6: Furthermore, in the sixth step, you need to tap the YouTube Icon and follow all the on-screen prescribed instructions to install it.
Now you can enjoy YouTube on your Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet. Also, one of the super exciting features is that it will display directly as an icon in the Apps section and no more getting irritated by always searching for it like the Hidden Camera.
So finally, you are all set to enjoy the favorite youtube app for Kindle fire on your Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet. You can enjoy videos as much as you want.
Though there are certain Limitations:
Many times, YouTube may not run on your computer device without the Google Play Service.apk installed. Thus the YouTube may ask for authentication via the app. So it becomes essential to download the YouTube app for the Amazon Kindle Fire. Also, if a message is received that YouTube cannot run on Fire Tablet without Google Play Service, you need to download Google Play Service as well.
Steps to install Google Play Store :
- Scroll down on the sections of the app.
- Click Security and Privacy.
- Enable the setting which says "Apps from Unknown Sources."
Thus the APK file is all set to give Google Play Store.
How to apply parental control on YouTube App on Kindle Fire Tablet
For most parents, Kindle Fire Tablet is used for educational and entertaining purposes for their kids. There is no doubt that YouTube is a profound source of knowledge. Kids can watch videos about maths, programming, languages on YouTube. However, as an app rated for 12+ years old, not all the videos are for kids. There is a chance that your kids may bump into something inappropriate when just browsing on the internet. Thus, parents must apply parental control on YouTube App.
There are two methods to limit YouTube App on Kindle Fire Tablet
1. Use Built-in Parental Control
- Go to Settings – Enable Parental Controls – Enter a password and re-enter to confirm
- Go to Set a Curfew and turn the feature on.
- Select the app you would like to block.
2. Use Parental Control App – FamiSafe
FamiSafe is an app dedicated to the parental control area. Recently it released a new version that supports Kindle Fire Tablet. As the most reliable parental control app, FamiSafe does not only supports blocking the YouTube App and setting screen time limit on YouTube App but also monitors the video your kids watched and the comments they left. Here are the features of FamiSafe.
- Activity Report that allows you to know what your kids are up to with their Fire tablet.
- Screen time plus App Blocker makes it possible for you to block the most-used apps.
- Browser History that supports both the Silk and Chrome browser helps you keep track of your kid's browsing behavior. What is worth noting is that it can even record history under incognito mode.
- Explicit Content Detection will detect any sensitive words in 7 plus social media platforms. You can get alerted when something seems wrong and take immediate action.
- Web Filter & SafeSearch
- Screen Time Limit & Schedule
- Location Tracking & Driving Report
- App Blocker & App Activity Tracker
- YouTube History Monitor & Video Blocker
- Social Media Texts & Porn Images Alerts
- Works on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, Chromebook
Thus as you got the idea of how to install the YouTube app on the Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet, you can enjoy the videos with no restriction. However, even if the YouTube app for the Kindle Fire is successfully installed, you won't get access to all the features.
No doubt, you can watch as many videos by installing the YouTube app here, but unfortunately, you won't be able to subscribe to any of the channels. It is one major limitation. But altogether, if you want YouTube for mere enjoyment on your Amazon Kindle App, it can be the best option for you!