macOS Catalina Review: Everything you want to know
A Review of macOS Catalina
- YouTube Parental Control
- How to see your YouTube history?
- What is Metaverse? Parent Guide
- Put parental controls on YouTube
- Delete TikTok Account without Phone Number
- Ways to block YouTube channels
- Ways to Get Somone's IP Address and Hide IP Address
- A complete guide on YouTube parental control
- What is Fanfiction? Parents Guide
- Kids safe YouTube alternative
- Top 5 TikTok Alternatives
- Methods to restrict YouTube adult content
- Social Media App Parental Controls
- Parental Control Tips
Apple’s macOS till 10.14, have legacy features from an all-in-one service package iTunes to other staples since 2001. As of the revolution in technology, the world is facing a drastic feature increase with a 32-bit processor on its verge of removal. In order to compete with the other desktop holders, Apple having a monopoly of the standard introduced the latest 10.15 version back in 2019 with an enriched featured opening. Now you may be wondering what the new Mac OS is? Here is the complete guide of this query.
macOS Catalina is the name that Apple introduced for its 10.15 OS release. The newest version for Apple’s MacBook systems. This new OS has opened a fresh slew of useful features that will drag the MacBook experience towards the betterment. Now, if you have a query regarding what is macOS Catalina? We have covered the whole bunch of features this OS brings to your macOS experience.
macOS Catalina Features:
Here we run you through the macOS Catalina review so you can make the most of your macOS experience or, on the other hand, if you're confused if now is the time to upgrade your macOS, then you can go towards betterment without a penny confusion. Here we have enlisted the new features macOS Catalina brings to the table, learn more here:
- No More iTunes:
Goodbye to Apple’s legacy since 2001 iTunes software for dealing with MacBook. macOS Catalina splits the all-in-one iTunes with the unique and handy collection of 3 different apps that includes:
- Apple Music
- Apple TV
- Apple Podcasts
Apple ensures that each of the apps from the ashes of iTunes is designed in order to maintain the best way of enjoying entertainment right from your Mac devices.
- Screen Time:
The most helpful parental control feature is here within the macOS Catalina review, which is Screen Time app. Although it was introduced in iOS 12 this time with a drastic betterment, Screen Time can hold your MacBook for a minute to give you some space to save your hours of work. The best part is, you can now control your kid’s interaction with MacBook without hovering over their shoulders all the time.
Now you can mark restrictions for your kids from one MacBook device with the Screen Time, and it will automatically establish the changes across all your connected devices. All the thanks go to Screen Time for providing a better parenting control over kids, especially tech-savvy kids. In addition to that, here we have covered some of its exceptional features:
- Now you can add a passcode to Screen Time with macOS Catalina. For setting up a passcode, do the following:
Screen Time > Child Account > Options > Use Screen Time Passcode
- Any changes which will be made to one device can bring it across other devices with its Share Across Devices In order to enable this feature, you need to go through:
Screen Time > Options > Share Across Devices
- You can schedule a downtime right from your Screen Time by going to:
Screen Time > Child Account > Downtime > Turn On
- Certainly, setting limits to your apps is also applicable in Screen Time, just follow:
Screen Time > Child Account > App Limits > Turn On
Sidecar is another interface that macOS Catalina brings on the table for you in its bundle of collection. You can extend your workplace with Sidecar as it allows you to share your one app work with the other referenced app. This feature lets you turn the display of your Mac to another Mac’s screen in a handy way.
Sidecar gives you access to share your ongoing work in one app to both the screens of your devices like a mirror.
- Find My App
While listing the features of macOS Catalina review, Find My app has the concerning features as this OS merges the previous Find my Mac and Find My Friends apps to a noteworthy one collection that can help you track your iOS devices, including the offline ones.
Long story short, Find My is the new version of locating your Mac based on the signals from Bluetooth the nearby dces are now in the bucket list of Find My app introduced in macOS Catalina.Want to know the best part? Without even the Wi-Fi connection, your lost Mac can be found with this powerful app.
New App Features with More Perfection:
With the macOS Catalina, your favorite apps have more intuitive and a productivity touch so you can enjoy the interface of Apple's legacy apps, which collectively gets more perfected with this upgrade to version 10.15. You may be wondering about the betterments this OS brings to your handy apps, here are the details listed separately:
- Reminders: Apple’s important app gets more intuitive with more edit buttons and customizable listing feature within the app.
- Photos: an app with your asset now grouped in a timely manner comprising daily, monthly, and even a yearly category in an organized manner.
- Safari: enhancements in the Safari browser are also noticeable as the frequent pages within the browser are in a handy list for you to choose the one and go through smart redirects.
- Notes: This app also gets flavored with enriched scanning features, which can now recognize the objects in your included images.
Supported device models of macOS Catalina:
Although, Apple officially makes the availability of macOS Catalina available right from your MacBook App Store, here’s the kicker: it has device specifications specific to the devices. In order to avoid your search for those specific device lists. We have brought that list for you here:
- iMac Pro 2017 or newer version
- MacBook 2015 or newer versions
- MacBook Air 2012 or newer versions
- MacBook Pro 2012 or newer versions
- Mac Pro 2013 or newer versions
- Mac mini 2012 or newer versions
- iMac 2012 or newer versions
Now, if you have Apple’s MacBook out of this list, unfortunately, macOS Catalina is not a fit for you. To avoid any panic, you should continue using previous macOS versions installed already on your device.
Likewise, every release from Apple is a big hit. Consequently, we can say that this macOS Catalina release is also one of its best releases up to the mark with its best-supporting features for Apple users around the globe. Inspired by Santa Catalina Island in Southern California, this update has perfected Apple’s legacy collection with a better approach to each one of them. With the updated version of macOS, Apple supports only 64-bit software, and there's no room for 32-bit apps.
Above all, we can say that the released month of this unprecedented macOS Catalina is the macOS-changing month of the year by Apple.