Best Parental Phone Monitoring App for Tracking Children
parental phone monitoring
- YouTube Parental Controls
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
Best Parental Phone Monitoring Apps for Tracking Children
The World Wide Web which connects the entire world together also poses a serious threat to children. Thanks to it, accessing any data is just a matter of typing a few keywords. It is very challenging for parents; you can neither stop your child from using the internet nor can you let them have access to the matter of which they have no understanding. Kids nowadays are so hooked on to mobile, social media, online gaming and stuff alike, that it is becoming vital for the parents to keep a watch on their internet and mobile usage.
The need for Parental Phone Monitoring Apps
From controlling the kid's excessive mobile time to imbibing them with the social media etiquettes, parental phone monitoring apps can help you in numerous ways.
- Through location tracking, it will help you to know your child's location. It is of utmost importance for your child's safety.
- The Internet is vast with free accessibility to adult content also. So, by blocking sites, you can control the data which your child can have access to.
- You can block any app if you feel that it's a cause of your child's distraction.
- Nowadays children mostly use text message as a mode of communication. Through the
parental phone monitoring app you can have an overall idea about the company your child keeps.
- You can also get to know whom they are calling and for what duration. This way in spite of not being with your child, you will be able to monitor their activities.
Best 10 Parental Phone Monitoring Apps
Now that you have a basic idea of the parental phone monitoring app's benefits, we will introduce you to the best apps in this category along with their features.
FamiSafe believes in making our life simpler through the use of technology. It is the new age parent-control monitoring app from Wondershare. To manage your kid's handsets, it has come up with smart features and compatible solution for you.
- Through real-time tracking, you can know the safety and whereabouts of your child. In case you are not able to follow the real-time tracker, you can also review the historical location data. This way you can know if your child visits any place which he probably shouldn't.
- Geofencing features will inform you if your child enters into any forbidden are.
- Control the applications in your child's phone through app blocking feature.
- Suitable for iOS or Android
- Is not yet available in the desktop version, but might come with this feature later.
- The monthly subscription starts at US $9.99. However, you can test all the features through a 3-days trial period.
From the makers of Norton Family, it is a very good app to keep a control over the online activities of your children.
- Set up internet accessing rules for your children. Its compatibility with Chrome will make your life easier. Any trespassing will trigger a notification to you. You can talk to them accordingly and make them aware of the hind side of the internet and its content.
- Locate your child's location and be ensured about his safety.
- Know the apps installed in your child's mobile and control them if required.
- Set the time limit to ensure that your child does not use mobile excessively.
- Get the browsing history and thus know the trend of your child's internet usage.
- It does not have control over your child's calling and messaging habit.
- Very suitable for multiple devices and starts at $49.99/year.
Know more: https://family.norton.com/web/
3.ESET Parental Control
You can protect your child and put a control on his phone usage habit with this simple to install and affordable parental monitoring application.
- Besides restricting time limit, you can also use it to set up subject-specific web filter to control the kid's internet browsing habits.
- With the robust app-management tools, you can make sure that child isn't disturbed during his bedtimes or study times.
- Though it helps you to know the child's location but it cannot tell you the exact place.
- This app might make you feel crippled when it comes to social media monitoring as it doesn't have any control over the social media.
- Location history is also not available, thus knowing about the various locations of your child might not be possible.
- It costs $69/year for three
4.Qustodio Parental Control
If you want to manage devices on multiple platforms, then the exhaustive features of Qustodio are very suitable for you.
- Your control will not be restricted to any specific platform or device.
- You can set time limits for each application in your child's device.
- You can have a detail of call logs and text messages and block a contact from your dashboard.
- The challenges with this app are that it doesn't give the option of geofencing. Thus, keeping a track our child's outdoor activity will not be a possibility with this parental control application.
- While the contact filtering is super strong, the web filtering has some gaps.
- Very suitable for multiple user. Costs per year: for 5 devices - $55; 10 devices: $97; 15 devices: $138.
5.MMGuardian Parent App
Use the MMGuardian Parental Control app to for your child's safety. Install it in your teen's smartphone and manage it from your phone.
- Set the web filtering according to your child's age and ensure that only those information reach them which is apt for their age.
- Control screen time so that the child does not get over engrossed with the phone during school times or bedtimes.
- Using the SMS and call blocker,, you can ensure that your teen does not have any unwanted contacts on their list.
- Block games to avoid the child's distraction.
- Ensure your child's safety through the location tracker.
- Installing the app is pretty simple, but high-level personalized settings might pose a challenge.
- It offers a trial period of 14 days.
- Subscription starts at $3.99/ year, per user.
6.Kaspersky Safe Kids
Kaspersky Safe Kids is one of the best parental control applications from Kaspersky suite, and is solely dedicated towards the safety of the teens & pre-teens.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
- Seamless navigation of location tracking will give you a real-time update of your child's locality.
- While blocking any site, you can specify the specific reason thus giving your child the clarity behind your action.
- Time limit management of app and device.
- Notifications of the real-time
- You can modify settings according to your child's age.
- Costs $14.99/year. You also have a free version available.
This parental web monitoring app is best suited for a single device used by your kid.
- With this spontaneous user interface, you can easily block apps and set time filters.
- While setup, you can select age-based
- Though you can't keep vigilance on the texts messages but you can have rigorous control over the social media activities of your teens.
- Geofencing option is not available.
- Priced: $59.99/year.
Know more: https://www.netnanny.com/
8.My Mobile Watchdog
This parental phone monitoring app has come up with a comprehensive solution for keeping control over apps on Android devices.
- It's easy-to-review web browsing history can keep you aware of your child's activities.
- Installation is very simple.
- You can temporarily block apps during exam times or if you observe the excessive usage of any gaming app.
- Geofencing & location tracking is not available.
- It's a priced at $100/year.
Know more: https://www.mymobilewatchdog.com/
If you want to keep a strict watch over your teen's activities and the localities he visits then this parental control app for Android and iOS is the best for you.
- Very well suited for iOS app design.
- You will know the precise location of your kid.
- You can block the apps as required and limit usage.
- Available in free
- Not suitable for text, phone or web monitoring.
- The subscription starts at $20.00/year.
Know more: https://locategy.com/
It is a brilliant parental monitoring app offering helpful tracking features as per your requirement.
- You can monitor and see the text messages sent from your child's phone.
- Know your child's friend list by keeping track of the contact list. Keep track of the browsing history of your child and thus get to know about his internet exposure.
- Geofencing and location tracking ensure child's safety.
- Internet filtering will also be introduced
Which One Should You Go For?
Unlike the spyware, parental phone monitoring apps encourage a healthy discussion between the child and parent and will let you install the app with your child's knowledge. With apps like FamiSafe, you will not be prying into your child's privacy. Installing appls like FamiSafe can help your kid feel secured.