Best Parental Phone Monitoring App for Tracking Children
Parental Phone Monitoring
- YouTube Parental Control
- Social Media App Parental Controls
- Parental Control Tips
Best Parental Phone Monitoring Apps for Tracking Children
The World Wide Web which connects the entire world also poses a serious threat to children. Thanks to it, accessing any data is just a matter of typing a few keywords. Moreover, today's kids have access to the internet at a very young age and are exposed to all kinds of information online. Therefore, it is very challenging for parents to protect your kids from the dark side of the World Wide Web: you can neither stop your child from using the internet nor can you let them have access to the matter of which they have no understanding. Kids nowadays are so hooked on to mobile, social media, online gaming, and stuffs like, that it is becoming vital for the parents to keep a watch on their internet and mobile usage.
Fortunately, parents' needs are noted and phone monitoring apps are developed for parents to guard their children against possible harm.
Why We Need Parental Phone Monitoring Apps?
From controlling the kid's excessive mobile time to imbibing them with the social media etiquette, parental phone monitoring apps can help you in numerous ways.
- Through location tracking, it will help you to know your child's location. It is of utmost importance for your child's safety.
- The Internet is vast with free accessibility to adult content. So, by blocking sites that contain inappropriate information, you can control the website which your child can have access to.
- You can block any app if you feel that it's a cause of your child's distraction.
- Nowadays children mostly use text messages as a mode of communication. Through the parental phone monitoring app, you can have an overall idea about the company your child keeps.
Best 10 Parental Phone Monitoring Apps
Now that you have a basic idea of the parental phone monitoring app's benefits, we will introduce you to the best apps in this category along with their features.
FamiSafe believes in making our life simpler through the use of technology. It is the new age parent-control monitoring app from Wondershare. To manage your kid's handsets, it has come up with smart features and compatible solution for you.
- Through real-time tracking, you can know the safety and whereabouts of your child. In case you are not able to follow the real-time tracker, you can also review the historical location data. This way you can know if your child visits any place which he probably shouldn't.
- You can set up a geofence using geofencing features and get alerted when your kids enter or leave the area.
- App Blocker feature that allows you to block specific apps on Android and block apps by age-range on iOS. With this feature, it is easy to block apps that are taking up too much time in your kid's daily life.
- Smart Schedule that can trigger by time and location allows you to set up different schedules for different occasions. For example, if you do not wish your kids to access social media when they are at school, you can set a schedule, choose to be triggered by location and select the app to be blocked. All done!
- Support Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire!
From the makers of Norton Family, it is a very good app to keep control over the online activities of your children.
- Set up internet access rules for your children. Its compatibility with Chrome will make your life easier. Any trespassing will trigger a notification to you. You can talk to them accordingly and make them aware of the hind side of the internet and its content.
- Locate your child's location and be ensured about his safety.
- Know the apps installed in your child's mobile and control them if required.
- Set the time limit to ensure that your child does not use mobile excessively.
- Get the browsing history and thus know the trend of your child's internet usage.
- It does not have control over your child's calling and messaging habits.
- Very suitable for multiple devices and starts at $49.99/year.
3.ESET Parental Control
You can protect your child and put a control on his phone usage habit with this simple to install and affordable parental monitoring application.
- Besides restricting the time limit, you can also use it to set up a subject-specific web filter to control the kid's internet browsing habits.
- With the robust app-management tools, you can make sure that child isn't disturbed during his bedtimes or study times.
- Though it helps you to know the child's location it cannot tell you the exact place.
- This app might make you feel crippled when it comes to social media monitoring as it doesn't have any control over social media.
- Location history is also not available, thus knowing about the various locations of your child might not be possible.
- It costs $69/year for three
4.Qustodio Parental Control
If you want to manage devices on multiple platforms, then the exhaustive features of Qustodio are very suitable for you.
- Your control will not be restricted to any specific platform or device.
- You can set time limits for each application in your child's device.
- You can have a detail of call logs and text messages and block contact from your dashboard.
- The challenges with this app are that it doesn't give the option of geofencing. Thus, keeping a track of our child's outdoor activity will not be a possibility with this parental control application.
- While content filtering is super strong, web filtering has some gaps.
- Very suitable for multiple users. Costs per year: for 5 devices - $55; 10 devices: $97; 15 devices: $138.
5.MMGuardian Parent App
Use the MMGuardian Parental Control app for your child's safety. Install it in your teen's smartphone and manage it from your phone.
- Set the web filtering according to your child's age and ensure that only age-appropriate information reaches them.
- Control screen time so that the child does not get over engrossed with the phone during school times or bedtimes.
- Using the SMS and call blocker, you can ensure that your teen does not have any unwanted contacts on their list.
- Block games to avoid the child's distraction.
- Ensure your child's safety through the location tracker.
- Installing the app is pretty simple, but high-level personalized settings might pose a challenge.
- It offers a trial period of 14 days.
- Subscription starts at $3.99/ year, per user.
Know more: https://www.mmguardian.com/protecting-your-child/android-phone-app
6.Kaspersky Safe Kids
Kaspersky Safe Kids is one of the best parental control applications from the Kaspersky suite and is solely dedicated to the safety of the teens & pre-teens.
- Compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
- Seamless navigation of location tracking will give you a real-time update of your child's locality.
- While blocking any site, you can specify the specific reason thus giving your child the clarity behind your action.
- Time limit management of app and device.
- Notifications of the real-time
- You can modify settings according to your child's age.
- Costs $14.99/year. You also have a free version available.
This parental web monitoring app is best suited for a single device used by your kid.
- With this spontaneous user interface, you can easily block apps and set time filters.
- While setup, you can select age-based
- Though you can't keep vigilance on the text messages, you can have rigorous control over the social media activities of your teens.
- The geofencing option is not available.
- Priced: $59.99/year.
8.My Mobile Watchdog
This parental phone monitoring app has come up with a comprehensive solution for keeping control over apps on Android devices.
- Its easy-to-review web browsing history can keep you aware of your child's activities.
- Installation is very simple.
- You can temporarily block apps during exam times or if you observe the excessive usage of any gaming app.
- Geofencing & location tracking is not available.
- It's priced at $100/year.
If you want to keep a strict watch over your teen's activities and the localities he visits then this parental control app for Android and iOS is the best for you.
- Very well suited for iOS app design.
- You will know the precise location of your kid.
- You can block the apps as required and limit usage.
- Available in free
- Not suitable for text, phone, or web monitoring.
- The subscription starts at $20.00/year.
It is a brilliant parental monitoring app offering helpful tracking features as per your requirement.
- You can monitor and see the text messages sent from your child's phone.
- Know your child's friend list by keeping track of the contact list. Keep track of the browsing history of your child and thus get to know about his internet exposure.
- Geofencing and location tracking ensure a child's safety.
- Internet filtering will also be introduced
Which One Should You Go For?
Unlike the spyware, parental phone monitoring apps encourage a healthy discussion between the child and parent and will let you install the app with your child's knowledge. With apps like FamiSafe, you will not be prying into your child's privacy. Installing apps like FamiSafe can help your kid feel secured.