How to Monitor Text Messages on Android
text message monitoring app for android
Technology and digitalization has undoubtedly opened new avenues for the growth and development of your kids, but on the flip side they have their share of limitations as well. With mobile phones becoming a necessity for kids in this era, being responsible guardians, we have to keep a check on the content and messages shared on Smartphone’s by our kids. So if you too are figuring out on issues of how to monitor text messages android device of your kid, you are at the right place. In the following part we discuss about various text message monitoring apps for Android.
Monitor text messages on Kid's Android
Social networking and messaging apps have become the major mode of communication these days. With easy availability and all time access the messaging apps connect your child to the whole wide world- known as well as un-known. So to ensure that your growing teenagers do not get involved into unwanted trap or abuse, it is important to keep a monitoring on their text messages. This ways you will know to whom and what is your child talking and stop them if you sense anything wrong or suspicious. When you monitor text messages on your kid’s Android phone, they are also cautious as they know that they are being monitored.
10 Best Parental Control Tools
There are a number of text messages monitoring apps for Android available with various features and functions. To help you choosing the one that best suits your requirements, below enlisted are the top 10 apps.
Spyzie is one of the popularly used parental control app that is compatible with Android as well as iOS devices. This is an excellent phone tracking tool that allows you to keep a check on your kids phone messages, monitor their data, social apps, call logs and route through GPS.
- Allows you to monitor all types of text messages that are typed on your kids phone
- Simple dashboard that can be monitored from any other device
- Features an advanced keylogger tool
- Allows monitoring social media apps installed on your kids phone
- Facilitates to track call logs, browsing history, real-time location, and other details of your kids’ phone.
This is another name in the list of top parental control apps that facilitates tracking messages on Android phone. Compatible with Android and iOS devices, the app offers 24/7 supports and also to track all types of messaging apps including Tinder, Snapchat, WhatsApp, FB messenger, and others.
- The app allows to read all the messages on your kids device including sent, received, as well as deleted ones
- You can monitor the sent as well as received texts on your kids social media account like WhatsApp, Facebook, Snapchat, and others
- GPS tracking is also enabled
- Allows checking the chronological log of all the calls on your kids phone
- Allows checking the URLs visited by your kid
- All photos and videos can also be monitored
Compatible with Android smartphone and tablets, PhoneSherrif is a decent app to keep a check on your kid’s phone and its messages. Using the app you can monitor all types of text messages as well as get the alerts for custom activities.
- Allows to monitor all the sent and received messages on your kids phone
- Allows setting time limits for the data usage on phone
- Facilitates blocking phone number and apps which seems unsafe for your kids
- Allows locking the device for the certain time of the day like bedtime or study time
- Allows to check your kids real-time location
The app is designed with features to ensure your kids safety from various online issues. Using the app you can monitor the calls as well as text messages of your kid’s device. The app is compatible working with Android, Windows, iOS, Kindle, and Nook.
- Allows you to check who your kid is calling or texting the most. Facilitates reading all the text messages on his phone. You can even create a list of contacts to be blocked.
- Allows setting time for which games and apps can be accessed. You can even block the apps if needed
- Facilitates tracing the location of your child. A panic button is also present in case of emergencies
- Allows blocking inappropriate content even in the private browsing mode
- Set schedule and time limit for which internet can be accessed
5. Family Time
This is a decent parental control app that allows managing the activities of your kid’s phone including text messages, phone logs, apps, and others. The app works on Android devices, iPhone, and iPad.
- The app allows monitoring the text messages on kid’s phone. With the app, you get the complete report of sent and received messages including name, number, time, and date.
- Facilitates setting time limits for which you child can access the phone
- The Bedtime control helps to restrict the screen time during the sleeping time
- Allows setting Geo-fences where you will get alert when your kid enter or leave those places
- Live location tracking
- Allows to block games and apps
Another name in the list of popularly used text message monitoring app for android is WebWatcher. Available for Android, iPhone, PC, and Mac system, the app allows to monitoring phone through SMS, MMS, photos, call logs, social networking apps, and others.
- The app allows keeping track of SMS, MMS as well deleted texts of your kids phone
- Allows keeping tab on camera photos
- Monitor the call log history as well as the website history
- Live tracking through GPS location
- Allows monitoring social networking accounts like WhatsApp, Viber, Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, and others
Funamo is a great app to monitor your kid’s Android device. Using the app you can perform an array of functions like monitoring your device, filter internet, control applications, and others. You can review the activities remotely online whenever you want and thus it also offers cloud solution.
- Allows to log into the history of SMS and MMS to have complete details about the messages
- Facilitates checking call , app, and web site history
- Pornographic sites are automatically blocked because of its patent-pending web filtering technology
- Allows setting a blacklist and whitelist for websites
- Apps can be blocked and you can also set the daily time limit for accessing them
- Fixing a block time for all the apps and other activities like bedtime, study time, and others
Compatible with Android as well as iOS devices, is a decent cell phone tracking app. The app allows you to check the SMS text messages including the deleted ones, calls, social media sites, and other applications of your kid’s phone.
- Allows to check the SMS received on your kids phone including the ones deleted
- Monitor Whatsapp messages received and sent
- Allows monitoring incoming and outgoing calls
- Monitor social media posts from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other accounts
- Allows checking photo and video logs
- Keep track of the websites visited and other URLs
- Free lifetime upgrades
This is an advanced parental control app that is available for Android and iOS devices and allows monitoring your kids phone through comprehensive reports, call and SMS blocking, web filtering, text monitoring, and other functions.
- Allows monitoring the texts received on your kid’s phone. Detailed SMS report can also be generated. There is also a feature where you can set keywords which when received in a message will send you an alert
- Allows blocking apps and limiting their usage and access time
- Facilitates blocking calls and SMS from specific numbers as listed
- The app generates complete and comprehensive reports that allows checking all the areas of your kids activities on phone
- Allows to filter the websites and URL to block unsafe and adult content
10. Mobile Spy
Using this app, you can monitor the phone or your kids and others in a safe and advanced manner. It is a reliable app with all needed features to keep track on the apps, messages, and social networking sites on your kid’s phone.
- Allows monitoring sent as well as received text messages on your kids phone
- Installed apps can be tracked using the app
- Live location tracking through GPS
- Get the logs of the activities from social networking sites like Facebook, WhatsApp, and others
- Get alerts for Geofencing, intrusion, and custom alerts
- Photo log and call logs can also be accessed
So use any one of the above mentioned text message monitoring app for android and monitor your kids messages to keep them safe from sexting, over sharing and exposure to inappropriate content.
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android
- Parental Controls
- Set Parental Control on Youtube
- Set Parental Controls on Kindle Fire
- Facebook Parental Controls
- Set Parental Control on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App for iPhone & Android
- Best iPhone Monitoring for Parents
- Best Parental Monitoring Software for iPhone
- Best Parental Phone Monitoring App for Tracking Children
- Computer Monitoring Software for Parents
- Free Cell Phone Monitoring for Parents 2018
- Internet Monitoring Software for Parents
- Baby Monitor
- Monitor Child's iPhone
- Check Private Browsing History on Android
- Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- Best Parental Control Apps
- Set Parental Control on YouTube
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - Set Speed Limit
- Web Content Blocking
- Block Porn Websites
- Best Porn Blocking Apps 2018
- Block Porn on iPhone
- Block Porn Sites
- Porn Blocking Software for Parents
- Block Porn on Android
- Block Porn on Kid's Cell Phone
- Block Porn on Your Kid's Phone
- New Porn Blocking App for Parents 2018
- Block All Porn Sites on Your Phone
- Porn Sites not Blocked by Opendns - Parents Should Know
- Block Porn on Computer