How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp?
how to block a contact on whatsapp
The free communication application, ‘WhatsApp’ is the new generation communication tool and known to all. Its compatibility with Android, iPhone, Windows & Mac has made it a widely accepted and used app. You will hardly get a smartphone not having WhatsApp installed in it today.
The Top Things You Can Do With a Whatsapp Account
This simple to install application makes your chatting experience more fun by:
- Enabling messaging for free.
- Through group chats.
- When texting is not enough, make free calls or record your message and share.
- Be it your desktop or smartphone; the chat can go on without interruption.
- Share pictures, videos or any other required documents.
- Pep up your chat with some wonderful emoticons.
- Ensuring secured chats.
The best feature of this app is that you can block any WhatsApp contact while holding on to the feature of security and continue to maintain your privacy.
How to block a contact on WhatsApp?
The person you want to block might be one from your contacts list, but you no longer wish to connect to him via this app.
This is how you can block a WhatsApp contact
1. Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
2. Go to the app’s menu button or icon (mostly on the left-hand corner of the app).
3. Navigate to ‘Settings’.
4. Go to the 1st option ‘Account’, then ‘Privacy’.
5. Scroll down to ‘Blocked Contacts’ and tap on it.
6. Tap on the small person-shaped icon with a plus sign. It is the add contact icon appearing on the left side of the app.
7. Your contact list appears.
8. Click on the contact you wish to block.
Alternatively, there is another option of blocking a number.
1. Open the WhatsApp.
2. Navigate to the message from the contact whom you want to block.
3. Open the chat window.
4. Go the Settings menu: the icon or button on the left side of the open window.
5. Click on ‘More’.
6. The various option will pop-up. Click on ‘Block’.
If ever you feel that an unknown person is trying to contact you through WhatsApp and you don’t to chat with him, you can block him with ease.
1. Open the WhatsApp application.
2. Go to the message from the unknown contact.
3. Block him from the option that appears on your screen.
Otherwise, you also have the ‘Report Spam’ option. If you find the content of the message as spam, you can report it. While registering your report, it will also block the number. This option is available only when you receive a message from an unknown contact.
Please note: The process of blocking a contact in WhatsApp is same in the other OS also.
Unblocking is as simple as blockingWhatsApp contact
If somewhere down the line, you change your mind and decide to resume your communication with the blocked WhatsApp contact, you can do it without hassle. So, now that you are aware of how to block a contact on WhatsApp, let’s see how to unblock the contact:
1. Go to the WhatsApp app.
2. Click on the app’s menu button or icon (mostly on the left hand corner of the app).
3. Go to ‘Settings’.
4. Navigate to ‘Account’ and then ‘Privacy’.
5. Click on ‘Blocked Contacts’ and tap on it.
6. Your blocked contact list will appear. Select and hold the name you wish to unblock.
7. The ‘Unblock’ menu will appear. Tap on it.
Your WhatsApp block contact will be once again available for chatting. The process of blocking the person from your WhatsApp is the same for an iPhone user or Windows user.
What happens to the block WhatsApp number?
Now, you must be wondering what will happen to your blocked WhatsApp contacts. Will he still appear in contact list? Will you be able to make calls to him? There might be a various question coming to your mind. So, here is what happens:
- In spite of blocking someone, his name will appear in your contact list. Your counterpart, i.e. the person you have blocked will also be able to see your name in his contact list.
- Once you block a contact, he will no more be able to chat with you through WhatsApp. In fact, he will be able to send you the message, but you will not receive the same. It will never appear on your screen. So, for him, the message will always reflect with a single tick.
- He will not be able to make you any call using this app.
- Any file (including images, videos or recordings) shared by your blocked WhatsApp contact with you will not be visible to you.
The WhatsApp blocked contact will not be able to view your online status: whether you are online or not or when did you last see the app.
- Your recent updates like your profile picture, your profile message or your status update will not be visible to your blocked contact.
Your blocked WhatsApp number will not get any intimation on being blocked by you. This feature of ambiguity has been intentionally included by WhatsApp to ensure your privacy when you block WhatsApp contacts. Though he will never be certain that you have blocked him,but, if he is tech savvy by he might predict of your act from the following indicators:
- He will not be able to view your last seen or whether you are online.
- Your updates will not be visible to him.
- Any communication that he will try to make with you will reach a dead end. He will not be able to call through your number via WhatsApp. The messages that he will send you will be sent on his phone but not be delivered to you. Thus on his screen, the message will always appear with a single tick. It will never have the double tick mark.
However, the WhatsApp block contact has no connection with any other app installed on your phone. If that person is in your Facebook or any other social networking group, he will still be able to reach out to your there. If he is someone from your contact list, then you both will be able to make calls and exchange normal text messages. In a scenario, where the contact is not known to you, and he is not added to your list, he can still make calls to you.
So, if you want to discontinue all communication with anyone, you will have to block him from your smartphone’s contact list and also from all the social media apps you use.
WhatsApp has its presence all over the world, having a customer base of over 1 billion. It is indeed one of the most widely messaging application. If you still do not use it, it’s not too late! Install WhatsApp and experience it for yourself. It can be installed by following the mentioned simple and easy steps:
- Go to the Play Store or the Apps Store.
- Search with the keyword ‘WhatsApp Messanger’.
- It is a known app will easily appear in your search. Click on it.
- Install it on your smartphone and enjoy using it.
With the different modes of communication available, maintaining privacy at times becomes a challenge. Though most of the apps are secured and pays utmost care to your privacy, the decision of choosing your friend is very critical. Before you add someone to your contact list on your phone or in social media, try to know about the person. It is always advisable to not add any random contact to your friend’s list or contact list.
To ensure safety, the channel of communication between the parents and kids should always be open. Neither of you should have any hesitation in talking about the perils of the modern day communication tools.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review