How to Block Facebook Page on Chrome
how to block facebook on chrome
Part 1: Introduction
What are these social media networks used for? Why are kids very much interested in them? Social media networks play a vital role in present kid’s generation daily life. Newsfeed, events, fashion, new friends and many more things are scattered in applications like Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp. These social media networks were created as a source of information to be shared all over the world. They help in getting connected with new people or to be in contact with our friends. But these networks also have much-unwanted information and many fake profiles which can be harmful to kids. Now even if you end up restricting the Facebook apps, your kid can still access it through an official browser like Chrome etc. In such condition, you as a parent must know how to block Facebook in chrome?
You will be glad to know that there are three different methods to block Facebook from a desktop on Chrome. Let us get to know them one by one, shall we?
Part 2: Method 1: How to block Facebook on chrome via chrome extensions?
Nowadays, mostly every operation is possible in Chrome with the help of Extensions. You can open multiple tabs, search engines and a lot more in Chrome. Likewise, you can also block any social media site like Facebook on Chrome with the help of Extensions and this is what we shall talk about in this part.
A. Guide to block Facebook on Chrome via chrome extensions
Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can block Facebook on Chrome with the help of Chrome extensions.
Step 1: As the first step, you must launch the Google Chrome browser.
Step 2: Then to add an extension, go to the “Block site” extension page.
Step 3: On the left corner of the page, you will be able to see the “Add to Chrome” option. Simply, hit the button.
Step 4: Now, to install it and to add it as an extension, click on the icon from the pop-up window.
Step 5: Proceed to refresh the Chrome once and the icon of Block site will appear on the right-side corner of the page.
Step 6: Now, click on the icon from the menu bar that will lead to the drop-down box.
Step 7: From the drop-down, hit “options” button and you will be directed to the settings page of block site.
Step 8: In the available “app page block” field, enter https://www.facebook.com/-official site address of Facebook. Once entered, click on “Add page” that will add Facebook to its block list.
Step 9: If you want your kid to be redirected to any other site like “Google.com” when they attempt to open Facebook, you can enter that site in “Redirect” zone and they will be redirected when they try to access Facebook.
Step 10: Lastly, if you are done with adding block site, click on the icon from the bottom.
This is how extensions in Chrome blocks Facebook. Facebook will remain blocked until and unless you unblock it from the list.
Part 3: Method 2: How to block Facebook on Chrome via computer or network setting?
Yes, Google Chrome in itself has the ability to block Facebook. Chrome can block certain sites as per your wish and you can find this option on the network settings in your computer.
If you do not know how then you should go through our step by step process below to block Facebook on Chrome via network setting:
Note: No installation or extensions are to be added in this method but a good Internet connection is a must with the default Chrome browser.
Step 1: Firstly, launch the Google Chrome browser in your desktop or computer.
Step 2: Then, click on the icon from Chrome Menu and you will be able to see “Settings” in it. Hit on the option.
Step 3: Now, from the bottom, choose the “Advanced” button.
Step 4: You can change the proxy settings in the Network category by clicking on “Change Proxy settings”.
Step 5: In the Internet properties tool menu, you will see various options as General, Content, and Connections displayed. Click on the “Security” tab, choose “Restricted sites” option and then hit the “Sites” button.
Step 6: As you need to block the Facebook website, enter facebook.com in the zone and click on “Add”. There you go, the website will now be blocked.
This is how Facebook can be blocked on Chrome with the aid of a network setting on Google Chrome browser itself.
Part 4: Method 3: How to block Facebook on Chrome via FamiSafe
In the last two parts, we have seen how to block Facebook on Chrome with the help of chrome extensions and settings options.
In the final part, we shall learn how to block Facebook access on Chrome with the help of a third-party application or software called FamiSafe.
A. Introduction to FamiSafe features
The FamiSafe platform or product was introduced as a parental control tool by one of the most respected technology brand called Wondershare to help parents make their parenting task easier. FamiSafe has numerous features that can help your kids to be safer while on the Internet or in their routine life. More importantly, your kids are prioritized and given freedom whenever needed.
Some of the features of FamiSafe will be discussed here.
- You can track your kid’s live location with the aid of a Real-time location tracking feature of FamiSafe. Tracking and monitoring can be done from your remote location.
- Worried whether your kid would go to any restricted places or unknown regions? Well, then try the Geo-fencing feature of FamiSafe that will alert you when your kid tries to cross his/her allowed boundary.
- Is your kid addicted to Clash of Clans and PubG? Then you should use the App Blocker feature, and block those apps during their study time and unblock them when needed.
- Your kids can have a relaxed sleep and concentrated study time with the help of screen time limit for your kid’s phone.
- If you never want your kid to escape tuitions and school hours, the smart schedule option will be highly useful to you.
- Your kid can be kept away from porn sites, gambling and illegal access with the help of a web filter feature.
B. How to use FamiSafe web content feature to block Facebook?
FamiSafe makes your Facebook blocking simpler than any other method. To block Facebook and other websites, FamiSafe has an in-built feature called “Web Content Filter” that helps in blocking sites that are marked in the list.
Now, to make our work easier, there is a category based blocking of sites too. So, if your kid tries to open any site that comes under blocking criteria like illegal or adult content, the website will be automatically blocked.
C. How to block Facebook with Famisafe
Blocking Facebook on Chrome with FamiSafe is really simple and easy.
You just have to follow the steps under to do so.
Step 1: Download and launch the Famisafe application
At first, download the FamiSafe application from Google Play or from the App store and install it in both target device as well as in yours. Thereafter, launch the application in your device.
Step 2: Create an account
Now, by choosing “Parent” identity, register an account in FamiSafe. Create your own username and password, grant permissions and accessibility.
Step 3: In a kid’s device, provide access
Pick up the target or your kid’s device, log in with details and provide permissions and accessibility. Additionally, enable location-based tracking.
Step 4: In the dashboard, go to “Web filter”
FamiSafe follows dashboard pattern for the interface. After connecting with kid’s device, you can get a dashboard or primary window like below.
From the visible options, choose “Web filter”.
Step 5: Go to “Exceptions”
In the first part, you can block websites by categories like entertainment, career, and education.
If you move to the exceptions part, you can see the web history of all sites accessed by your kid.
Hit on “Add Exception” button and you will see a similar window like below wherein “Add website” tab will appear. Enter “Facebook.com” and click on the block button. Finally, hit the “Save” option.
So, the next time, when your kid tries to enter Facebook in chrome, he will be blocked from entering the site. This is how your kid can be protected from Facebook on Chrome with the help of FamiSafe.
Part 5: Conclusion
Social media isn’t harmful when used for a good cause, as a mode of technology for communication and information purpose. Make sure that you introduce your kids to social media at an age when they can handle it properly. But, in case they are already hooked up to Facebook, this article will definitely be useful for you to block your kid from Facebook on Chrome. So, try these techniques and do share them with your friends and family.
- App Blocker
- Pop up Blocker App for Google Chrome
- Text Message Blocker Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best ad blockers for iPhone and iPad
- The Best App Blocker and Parental Control for iPhone
- The Best App Blocker and Parental Control for Android
- Mac App Blocker Protects Your Apps
- Best Call Blocker App for Android
- Call Blocker Apps for iPhone
- 5 Best Call Blocker Apps for Android and iOS
- Best Porn Blocker App for Parents
- Block Text Messages on Android
- Best Free Call Block Apps for Android
- The Best Website Blocker Apps for Studing
- 5 Best Ad Blocer Apps for Android
- Block a Number on Your Phone
- Block Facebook App on Cell Phone
- Block ads on Youtube for Android
- Mobile Tracker
- 5 Ways to Track A Phone
- Top 10 Best Mobile Location Tracker
- Top 10 Car Tracker You Need to Know
- Top 10 Tracking Devices & Apps for Kids
- Top 10 Child Tracking Devices Parents Need to Know
- 3 Ways to Track Mobile Location
- Top 10 iPhone Tracker in 2018
- 5 Ways to Track A Cell Phone Location for Free
- Top 10 Mobile Tracker App & Services to Track A Phone
- Top 10 GPS Tracker for Kids
- Top 10 iPhone Monitoring Software Parents Need to Know
- 10 Best Free Android Monitoring Apps to Monitor Your Kids
- 10 Best Phone Monitoring Apps Parents Can't Miss
- Monitor Phone Activity on Andriod and iPhone
- Top 10 GPS Phone Trackers for Parents
- Top 10 Free Mobile Trackers You Can't-Miss!
- Top 10 Android Tracking App You Need to Know
- Child Monitoring
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android