Top 8 Educational Robots for Kids of Different Ages
Educational Robots for Kids
- YouTube Parental Control
- Social Media App Parental Controls
- Parental Control Tips
Over the last several decades, robotics moved from an idea based on science fiction to a factual reality of both the present and future. Embracing this change and using robotics in childhood learning through educational robots helps kids develop skills and thrive across all areas of their lives. Read the article below and find out how educational robotics can help your child.
What Is an Educational Robot?
An educational robot aims to introduce young kids to Robotics and different code languages. They provide learners with the basic information they need to build and program a robot. Experts expect the educational robot market to register a 16% CAGR over the forecast period of 2020 to 2025. Using robots is increasingly becoming more common across educational institutions. As such, many schools are using teaching robots to impart knowledge to students. These robots can teach science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. This is only possible since the robots use the interactive approach to teach kids new information.
What Will Kids Benefit From Having Educational Robots?
Most kids find it difficult to interact with their teachers in class. STEM education is essential, especially in the world of today. It is a surefire way to teach young kids the necessary skills for future job markets. The presence of a robot teacher introduces a fun environment for young kids. Below are some of the benefits of having educational robotics.
- Increased Interest in STEM: One of the primary benefits of introducing educational robotics to kids is their unique way of encouraging children to learn STEM skills (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) in a fun and interactive way both in the classroom and at home. Robots take STEM concepts and make them more accessible and exciting to young developing minds.
- Encourage Creative Thinking to Solve Problems: Many robots develop from the need to solve a problem. Educational robotics provide kids with hands-on exposure to how technology advances creative ways of solving issues and making work tasks easier and more efficient.
- Adaptation to Growing Technology: Technology constantly evolves and changes to adapt to new and better ways of doing things. Educational robotics open the door to the basics of this technology. The technology lay the groundwork for future skills in growing areas like intelligent devices, machine learning, and automation.
- Develop Teamwork Skills: Essentially, robotics includes working as a team to develop new technology and innovation. Educational robotics allow children to work in teams to build, code, and see how robots work. These team skills apply to not only technology but all areas of learning and future career development across multiple disciplines.
- Help Students to Realize Their Passion: Students who are familiar with the process of building a robot in a classroom can discover their passion with ease. Robotics provides students with a platform that allows them to experiment with anything they want. Unlike teachers, a robotics curriculum takes an individual approach to nature every single student's passion.
- Encourage Community Involvement and Help Kids to Communicate Effectively: Student community involvement has several advantages for learners. These include improving attendance records, creating a positive attitude towards academics, and discouraging behavioral problems. Most learners lack the approaches to involve themselves with their communities. Educational robotics help create a sense of community within and outside the class. Social media is important in our daily life activities. It may contain potential dangers that you don't want your child to face. Educational robotics teach children how to communicate across various technology platforms. They also provide learners with the experience of crafting messages across different platforms. This substantial skill is important, no matter the career path you decide to follow.
Why an Educational Robot Is a Better Choice for Parents?
Artificial intelligence serves a huge role in many workplaces. They have the ability to evaluate problems, make better decisions, and monitor learners' performance. Automation plays a huge to deliver human processes. Parents can now carry out their normal work schedule without any stress from their children. Here are some of the reasons why you should choose an educational robot for your kid.
- Provides Real-Time Assessment: An educational robot provides you with your kid's assessments almost immediately. You can know your kids' academic response in less than minutes and decide to take the necessary action.
- Affordable and Programmable: Robots are affordable in comparison to the services of a teacher. You can also program a robot to carry out instructions. They cannot refuse to perform the tasks that they are to carry out.
- Reduces Screen Time Usage: Excessive screen time is harmful to your kids. The negative effects of too much screen time include sleep and behavioral problems. It can also lead to attention, social, and emotional problems. Educational robots can help reduce the time that your kids are on the screen.
Another effective way to limit your children's screen time is using the FamiSafe app. The app allows you to set up recurring and daily screen time limit so that you can restrict your kids from using their devices excessively. Once the set time limit comes to an end, the FamiSafe app will automatically block your kid's device.
Top 8 Educational Robots for Kids of Different Age
Robots with the STEM concept help inspire inventors in several ways. Here are some of the top eight educational robots for kids of different ages.
Root robot aims to help children learn coding languages. It's also suitable for kids who are four years or older. The robot can operate on a vertical surface along with the drawn patterns. The root robot allows students to program it to follow a certain line, solve mazes, and avoid particular colors. To form a real-time link with the robot, you have to connect to a mobile device via a Wi-Fi connection. The main of this robot is to teach kids computer codes and provides immediate results.
- Teaches kids to code at an early age
- Comes with an easy-to-adapt interactive interface
- Takes multi-level approaches for different kids
- It's not suitable for kids who are younger than 4 years old
Ideal for kids who are 4 years and older, the Cubelets robot comes with a very modern approach to teach kids code concepts. A Cubelets kit contains up to 20 different blocks, each with a different function. For example, think blocks command the entire robots' function and the action blocks allow the robots to respond to commands. The robot can train students to plan and think critically as they code or build a robot. Lastly, the graphical tool enables you to manage and command new robot behaviors.
- Promotes creativity
- Sophisticated and easy to use
- It's expensive
3. Ozobot Bit
Ozbot Bit is suitable for kids who are 5 years or older. The robot promotes play while teaching students logic and coding skills. You can program the robot to move around the classroom while it carries out complex activities. What's more? You can program it to respond to different actions and teach up to 500 different dance moves. This approach is fun and inspires kids to learn new basic programming skills. Ozobot Bit is ideal for 5- to 6-year-old kids.
- Longlasting battery
- It's portable
- Has a simple and effective programming
- The web browser and app programming of Evo can frustrate children
- Can break easily
4. Softbank Robotics
Softbank Robotics company is behind the Nao robot used in the L2TOR project. They work as assistant teachers for science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics. They can also serve as instructors for a group of learners or individual learners and engage with students to improve their social and team-building skills. The robots are suitable for kids who are eight years and above.
- Fosters cognitive development
- Improves kids' team-building skills
- The battery doesn't last long
Kaspar refers to Kinesics and Synchronization in Personal Assistant Robotics. The doll-like humanoid is from the University of Hertfordshire and is suitable for kids of all ages. It provides several approaches to help support children with autism and communication difficulties. Its ghostly design has a minimal expressive interface that interprets voice tones.
- Suitable for all age groups and gender
- Easy to use
- Use for therapy with kids with autism
- It's expensive
6. Fisher-Price Code 'n Learn Kinderbot
This robot is suitable for preschoolers. Apart from playing games, Fisher-Price teaches kids about different colors and shapes. Your kid will learn how to come up with new codes that can transform a robot to have characters. The interactive games help children to solve and experiment with different problems.
- Offers kids multiple ways to play.
- It’s durable
- Average battery life
- Complicated interface
7. Sikaye RC Robot
This device has a human shape and is over 10 inches tall. It comprises two different ways to control movements. The Sikaye RC Robot lets you control it with an infrared remote control that allows you to interact with the robot. You can also control your robot by the use of hand gestures. What's the best part? It fosters creativity in kids above 6 years.
- Uses hand gestures to control the robot
- Can carry out up to 50 different actions
- Complicated instructions
- Cluttered remote
8. Meccano-Erector Robot
Suitable for kids who are 10 - 15 years, Meccano-Erector Robot comprises artificial intelligence and programming. It exposes learners to new things about the technology world through everyday interaction.
- Awesome gripping hands
- Great for STEM-Minded Children
- Does not come with artificial intelligence software pre-installed
The use of artificial intelligence can be a great tool to inspire and motivate kids to learn. The skills can be very crucial to the success of your child. An educational robot can help to keep your child away from the screen. Famisafe is also effective at limiting your child's screen time.