8 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's And Kids' Lives
Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's
Parental control to what extent is right and beneficial for a child can be a tricky question to answer. One could be neglecting a child’s addiction to computers and phone apps that might spell disaster for their health as well as the ability to concentrate on their studies. On the other hand, teenage children often find parental controls on their devices to interfere with their freedom as well as the personal space that they require.
Here we explore ten habits that can ruin the lives of kids as well as that of parents that we need to take heed. At the time of establishing parental controls, it is imperative that kids understand the importance of the same as well as parents having confidence in their children that they will follow certain rules and good habits as having been discussed with them.
8 habits that can ruin both parent's and kids' lives
Here are ten habits that parents tend to showcase and that can have a negative impact on their children as well as on themselves.
1. Constant rush
This is an inevitable outcome of modern lifestyles. As parents are often harried with several tasks to be finished and cares for children as well, this constant rush and anxiety can affect children as well. This, in turn, contributes to anxiety and can also cause depression in children. Hence, it is imperative that parents balance out their chores and ensure that children are not hurried and made tense during the daily rush to and fro from school and other places.
2. Force feeding
Most parents wish to ensure that children have a balanced meal, but they often have a hurried meal themselves and compromise on their nutrition. However, this can make children want to avoid eating balanced meals and wishing that they could also have the food they want. It is imperative that mealtime is a family time when everyone sits down to eat a balanced meal; it is also a time to sit and talk as well as communicate with each other.
3. The need for boundaries
Often parents give out mixed signals to children. They might be patient and listen to them at one time and push them off another. It is important to let them know if you need them to wait when you are conversing with others or on the phone. You should give them a patient hearing as well as let them know that they should not disturb when you are conversing with others.
Inducing a feeling of pain and fear – there are often situations that induce feelings of pain and despair in children. When they have done something wrong, they are often chastised by their parents and that builds feelings of anxiety and pain as well as fear in them. It is best that parents learn to handle such situations by talking it out with them or helping them overcome such mistakes. For instance, if a toy is broken or lost, parents could help their kids to rebuild or recover the same. If grades are poor, then parents can help their children work and improve on them.
4. Being fair to yourself
Children look up to their parents as role models. Hence, if you constantly criticize your looks then such self-doubt in front of your children can also impact them. They would think that self-loathing is a common way to be. It is necessary to foster a positive environment always.
5. Comparing your children to others
Often parents compare their children to others and that has a negative impact on the children. It also impacts the self-esteem of children when they are compared and found inferior to the achievements of other children.
6. Fear of disapproval
This is another trait that is often developed in children due to wrong habits of parents. They often ask their children to wear clothes that had been given to them by relatives, even if they do not like them or want to wear them. They should be able to wear what they like and be able to say what they do not. Children should not be taught that they cannot disapprove or that the approval of others is always necessary for them.
7. Neglecting family
Parents often neglect their relatives and not stay in touch with them. However, it should be remembered that children also follow as per examples set by their parents. Hence, they would also develop similar habits of neglect if they find their parents demonstrating the same.
8. Technology habits
Many parents nowadays stay distracted on their mobiles or tablets and pay less attention to their children. It should be remembered that such traits are picked up by children and it also reduces the attention that children need from their parents.
FamiSafe - the best parental control for parents
This is one of the best ranked reliable and effective parental control software to opt for. It has all the features that allow a parent to supervise the activities of a child on a mobile device in a remote manner. It also helps to protect the online privacy of your child’s devices as well as helping to protect children from being cyberbullied.
Features of this app
- It can block out apps that you feel are distracting for your children. It would help to enhance their concentration time on studies.
- Geo Fencing is a great feature of this app that helps to set up geographical thresholds. The virtual barrier that is established will trigger alerts when a child is in or exiting certain geographical locations.
- Privacy and security are guaranteed and parents can track activities on their children’s devices in a remote manner.
- Real-time tracking of GPS location is possible through this app as well as knowing all details on the device being tracked such as call history, usage of internet, apps used, texts sent and so forth.
The other features of this app include programming and blocking out apps as per certain time frames and supporting different devices at a certain time.
The free version of this app provides all the features in a basic way. This enables customers to give it a try, whether they are using Android or IOS devices.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review