8 Bad Parenting Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's And Kids' Lives
Be Aware of These Bad Parenting Habits
- YouTube Parental Control
- How to see your YouTube history?
- What is Metaverse? Parent Guide
- Put parental controls on YouTube
- Delete TikTok Account without Phone Number
- Ways to block YouTube channels
- Ways to Get Somone's IP Address and Hide IP Address
- A complete guide on YouTube parental control
- What is Fanfiction? Parents Guide
- Kids safe YouTube alternative
- Top 5 TikTok Alternatives
- Methods to restrict YouTube adult content
- Social Media App Parental Controls
- Parental Control Tips
Parenting to what extent is right and beneficial for a child can be a tricky question to answer. One could be neglecting a child’s addiction to computers and phone apps that might spell disaster for their health as well as the ability to concentrate on their studies. On the other hand, teenage children often find parental controls on their devices to interfere with their freedom and the personal space they require.
Here we explore 8 bad parenting habits that can ruin the lives of kids and that of parents that we need to take heed. At the time of establishing parental controls, it is imperative that kids understand the importance of the same as well as parents having confidence in their children that they will follow certain rules and good habits as having been discussed with them.
8 habits that can ruin both parent's and kids' lives
Here are 8 bad habits that parents tend to showcase, and that can have a negative impact on their children as well as on themselves.
1. Constant rush
This is an inevitable outcome of modern lifestyles. As parents are often harried with several tasks to be finished and cares for children, this constant rush and anxiety can affect children. This, in turn, contributes to anxiety and can also cause depression in children. Hence, it is imperative that parents balance out their chores and ensure that children are not hurried and made tense during the daily rush to and fro from school and other places.
Most parents wish to ensure that children have a balanced meal, but they often have a hurried meal themselves and compromise on their nutrition. However, this can make children want to avoid eating balanced meals and wishing that they could also have the food they want. It is imperative that mealtime is a family time when everyone sits down to eat a balanced meal; it is also a time to sit and talk as well as communicate with each other.
3. The need for boundaries
Often parents give out mixed signals to children. They might be patient and listen to them at one time and push them off another. It is important to let them know if you need them to wait when you are conversing with others or on the phone. You should give them a patient hearing as well as let them know that they should not disturb you when you are conversing with others.
Inducing a feeling of pain and fear – there are often situations that induce feelings of pain and despair in children. When they have done something wrong, they are often chastised by their parents, and that builds feelings of anxiety and pain as well as fear in them. It is best that parents learn to handle such situations by talking it out with them or helping them overcome such mistakes. For instance, if a toy is broken or lost, parents could help their kids to rebuild or recover the same. If grades are poor, then parents can help their children work and improve on them.
4. Being fair to yourself
Children look up to their parents as role models. Hence, if you constantly criticize your looks, then such self-doubt in front of your children can also impact them. They would think that self-loathing is a common way to be. It is necessary to foster a positive environment always.
5. Comparing your children to others
Often parents compare their children to others, and that has a negative impact on the children. It also impacts children's self-esteem when they are compared and found inferior to the achievements of other children.
6. Fear of disapproval
This is another trait that is often developed in children due to the bad habits of parents. They often ask their children to wear clothes that had been given to them by relatives, even if they do not like them or want to wear them. They should be able to wear what they like and be able to say what they do not. Children should not be taught that they cannot disapprove or that others' approval is always necessary for them.
7. Neglecting family
Parents often neglect their relatives and do not stay in touch with them. However, it should be remembered that children also follow as per examples set by their parents. Hence, they would also develop similar habits of neglect if they find their parents demonstrating the same.
8. Technology habits
Many parents nowadays stay distracted on their mobiles or tablets and pay less attention to their children. It should be remembered that such traits are picked up by children, and it also reduces the attention that children need from their parents.
FamiSafe - the best parental control for parents
When it comes to parenting in this digital age, parents can not neglect mobile devices' usage. We can't deny that digital devices like phones, tablets, and PCs have made life easier for us to distract our kids and get online education resources. Yet every coin has two sides. Overusing digital devices also have negative effects on our kids. That's why we need to apply parental control to it.
Today we would like to introduce FamiSafe - the best parental control app for parents with the most comprehensive features. If you are worrying that your kids are browsing age-inappropriate content online, you can use its Browser History to check the record or use Web Filter to filter websites by category. More than that, parents can block an app or set up a screen time limit on kid's digital devices to prevent kids from overusing the apps. Location tracking service is also available. Why don't you sign up and try it out for free?
- Location Tracking & Geo-fencing
- App Blocker
- Web Filtering
- Screen Time Control
- Smart Parental Control Setting
To help you better understand the features of FamiSafe, let's have a look at the detailed introduction of some of its features.
- App Blocker can block out apps that you feel are distracting for your children. It would help to enhance their concentration time on studies.
- Geofences is a great feature of this app that helps to set up geographical thresholds. The established virtual barrier will trigger alerts when a child is in or exiting certain geographical locations.
- Real-time tracking of GPS location is possible through this app as well as knowing all details on the device being tracked such as call history, usage of internet, apps used, texts sent and so forth.
- Programming and blocking out apps as per certain time frames and supporting different devices at a certain time using Smart Schedule to help kids form good driving habits.
- Detect suspicious words on kid's social apps to help parents stay tuned to kid's online activities.
- Driving Report feature is of great help for parents whose teens just got his/her driving license.
- Privacy and security are guaranteed, and parents can track activities on their children’s devices in a remote manner.
Raising a kid is not an easy thing. It is much more difficult to raise them right. It is better for parents to check the above 8 bad parenting habits that are harmful to the development of their kids' mental and physical health. Keep them in mind and remind yourself not to make the same mistakes. Parents can also adopt modern technology like parental control apps to help make parenting easier.