Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
keeping kids safe online
During the holidays, our pupils will have project work to complete. Now, the internet is the helpful resource. The young kids are very capable of using computers, tablets, and smartphones to go online. However, they don’t have the critical thinking skill yet to be left alone with these devices. At this age, they will accept whatever media they see at face value. They may be scared by any particular image or video they see and they may unintentionally have exposed on inappropriate websites. Obviously, it’s not possible to stay with them always. So here are some killer tips to keep your kids safe online. Stay with us and keep your kids safe.
The risks facing kids online
Cyberbullying: Cyberbullying is a worldwide problem that’s growing first and it has several forms. Your kids can be affected by cyberbullying in many ways. Your child may deliberately have excluded from online activities; conversation or social media tags kids who don’t have a smart device like mobile phone are porn to exclusion. Harassment is sustained and deliberate bullying comprised of abuse and menacing messages sent to your children or group, this may severely affect kid’s mental health. Your kid may publicly humiliate through online posting or private information without consent even your kids may affect by cyberstalking, Fraping, dissing and more.
Privacy Problems: your kids may get at stake for privacy, according to expert’s online game allows cybercriminals to manipulate conservation. They may ask your kids to provide personal information and they may create a fake profile with this information which may arouse a huge privacy problem.
Webcam Worries: your kids may video chat with a stranger or people who are not a family member and amicable. If they appear in webcam with the odd situation, bad people may record it and may use it for harassments or other harmful things.
Hidden Fees: In online, there have many apps with hidden fees. Your kids may use these it and you may have to pay unexpected payment.
Personal Information Left on Consoles and PCs: Another online gaming danger comes from consoles and pcs. Many families take their pc to the local recycle center or sell them on local selling sits without deleting personal information or erasing the consoles. It’s may happen any unknown bad people using your kid’s data for bad purposes.
Online Predators: Online predator basically an older online video gamer who trap kids. They may trap your kids and at the end result may unexpected texts, face-to-face video chat and could lead sexual exploitation.
Malware: Malware is another threat to your kids. Kids don’t know which sits or apps are harmful which not. They may use software with malware. It can harm their device.
10 tips to keep your kids safe online
There is plenty of precaution you can take to protect kids from online predators. Don’t worry take a possible step to keep your kids safe. Our security personnel researched and found the 10 most effective way to keep kids safe online.
1. Set internet filter and content blocker
Most parents think that internet safety and responsible use is a top priority and it would be great to have the time to supervise your kid's online activity but you can’t be there all the time. That’s why internet filter and content blocker your best option. There are three ways to filter online content there’s search engine, router, and network filtering. Finding a search engine that kid’s safe is easy. Google has stepped up with safe search kid.com for teens and tweens. Kids safe search engine isn’t perfect but it has a good first line of defense. To step it up let's take a look at the router option with a family shield by open DNS. Every internet link you click on sends a request a domain name server or DNS. Think of a DNS server like an old-fashioned telephone operator routing your call through to the right person. By switching to open a DNS on your router and activating the family shield you can prevent these calls to inappropriate material from going through you’re the telephone operator. As soon as open DNS and family shield are set up everything connected to your router immediately protected by using a blacklist to automatically block adult content, phishing websites and sits known for viruses and malware. The Blacklist is both a strength and a weakness of family shield as a new site that has not categorized may still split through the filter. It also can’t block instant messaging or streaming video sits. A serious concern as both of these makes up rapidly growing segments of internet traffic. So what’s the ultimate solution to keep your kids safe online? Well, this is an ultimate technology that handles all your internet traffic letting you block and restrict access to any device on your network.
FamiSafe: Internet filtering and content blocking with FamiSafe parental control app is wonderful. Possibly it’s one of the best choice free parental control app around you. If you want to save your kids in online download and start using it. Internet filter with FamiSafe will allow you to filter suspicious and inappropriate content such as pornography, gambling, violence and more accordingly. Another wonderful feature about Famisafe that it will allow you to set some inappropriate key-words to filter. Don’t worry about you didn’t set key-words, it is such an active program that has the potentiality to find inappropriate content and it will block it automatically. Another wonderful thing about this app, it will allow you to monitor your kid's web search remotely in real-time. So no tension if you have this app. The FamiSafe parental control app comes with some more wonderful features these will ensure your kids safe online.
- Real-time Location Tracking & Geo-fencing
- App Blocker & Activity Monitor
- Web Browser Monitoring and Content Filtering
- Screen Time Tracking and Control
- Flexible Remote Control & Personalization Setting
2. Get permission
Teach your kids always get permission before using the computer and always try to sit with them. If you can’t sit with them make them use the computer in an open area so you can see what they are doing.
3. update and use plugin
Always update your browser, if you use Chrome or Firefox download a plugin which will prevent your kids from accidentally downloading the suspicious software and from visiting suspicious websites. For Chrome, we recommended Metacert Metacert will automatically block pages which are not suitable for your kids.
4. Use a kid’s friendly search engine
A kid’s friendly search engine will only list search results which they feel are suitable for kids. Here you can also use Famisafe parental apps to block content. Kid’s friendly search engine are Kidrex.org, searchypants.com and more.
5. Keep personal info private
Remind your kids not to give out information through email and registration forms. If they are unsure to encourage them to ask you first. Use a nickname in game consoles doesn’t use a real name.
6. Encourage openness
Encourage your kids to come to you if they encounter online that makes them feel uncomfortable or threatened. Don’t get angry and don’t blame your kids otherwise they won’t have turned you when they need help in the future.
7. Use strict privacy setting
Use strict privacy setting on your kid's phone as well as social media accounts. Set privacy in a way they can’t reach stranger. For example, set friends on Facebook for posting will allow you to reach only people on their friend list. You can use parental control app to monitor these.
8. Use do not track tool
Most of the internet browser let you turn on do not track tool. To tell sites you don’t want cookies installed to track your kid’s online activities. You can manage this by tweaking your preferences so take a look at your settings with your kids to see how can you fine tune them.
9. Verify people
On the internet, there are millions of fake accounts so verify your kid's social friend list. It may happen, your kid talking with a person for a week as a family friend but he is not. He can harm your kids, so verify your kid's friend lists.
10. Share with your kids
Sharing is caring. Share about the good and bad thing with your kids. Keep a friendly relationship with them so they can share with you about any bad occurrence happened to them on the internet. If you don’t share with them or don’t trigger them to share with you, the bad situation may remain hidden.
It’s really hard to keep in touch always with kids to keep them safe from online predators. We strongly believe if you can follow these clinical tips, you will able to keep your kids safe online. There are many parental apps around you but according to experts, FamiSafe is special.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review