Top 8 Online Drawing Classes for Kids
Online Drawing Classes
- YouTube Parental Control
- Social Media App Parental Controls
- Parental Control Tips
More and more people continue to enroll in online drawing classes because of the numerous benefits they offer. Many platforms also offer kids quality drawing courses at a pocket-friendly price. In this article, we'll look at some of the popular online drawing classes for kids.
What Are the Benefits of Taking Your Kids To Attend a Drawing Class?
Drawing classes allow your children to excel by preparing them for their future. Below are some of the benefits of taking your kid to enroll in online drawing classes.
- They Enhance Your Kids' Motor Skills. Drawing classes for kids are designed to help them improve their eye-hand coordination and fine-tunes their finger muscles. This is a major struggle for many young developing minds. Giving your child the creative and fun outlet to harness the skills can be significant in your child’s brain development.
- They Improve Their Academic Performance. Kids who take advantage of online drawing classes are likely to see academic success than those who don’t. Online drawing classes expose your child to an after-school activity that will benefit them in several ways.
- Encourage Discipline. Students often exercise discipline when they want to create and learn about art. They have to pay attention to the instructor if they wish to progress as an artist. The bottom line is: For any student to excel in art, they must commit to their lessons and practice out of class.
- Helps Kids to Develop Focus and Patience. Most toddlers are likely to have short attention spans, especially those aged between 16 and 19 months. A regular online drawing activity can help a great deal in improving their concentration level and instill the concept of patience and focus. Allowing your child to attend online drawing classes is the first step to establishing good and healthy study habits.
- Improves Communication Skills. Non-verbal communicators often use drawing as an outlet for communication. Kids with good vocabulary skills are not always able to express their emotional needs correctly. However, they can enhance their emotional intelligence through drawing.
Why Parents Opt for Online Drawing Classes These Days?
Online drawing classes are designed for children of different ages. They also provide instructions on simple craft projects and beginner drawings. Below are some of the reasons why many parents prefer online drawing classes.
- Allows Kids to Keep a Personal connection. Online drawing classes help in maintaining a personal connection between teachers and students. Video as a medium promotes a level of familiarity that can help build a community. Because it allows instructors to foster more personal connections with students, this allows them to know the teachers and how they react or act to certain situations. Your kid can also interact with other students in real-time.
- Suitable for Several Learning Styles. Every kid has different learning preferences. Some excel in the classroom while others have trouble staying attentive in class. Others do better when in small groups or on their own. Online drawing classes provide the perfect learning environment for all types of kids. They give them a chance for experimenting with potentially life-changing ideas.
- Provides Learners with Comfort. Online art classes for kids are convenient, as they allow them to learn in the comfort of their home under their parent's supervision. What's the best part? They only need an internet connection and a device to attend the class from anywhere and at any time.
- Affordable and Flexible. Online drawing classes continue to gain popularity due to their easy affordable prices. Since the platforms that offer these classes don't have vast swaths of property to manage and thousands of staff to pay each month, they can offer affordable tuition rates. They also allow students to learn at their own pace. As such, you can choose the time and schedule that is convenient for your kid.
Top 8 Online Drawing Classes for Kids
Online drawing classes provide kids with digital experiences in form of live streams and online summits. With that in mind, here are some of the best online drawing classes for children.
Udemy hosts a range of drawing classes for free. However, to get full lifetime access you may need to pay around $10-$13. Udemy welcomes kids who are ten years or older. Their courses teach kids basic principles of art and projects range from drawing to painting.
- Fair pricing
- Mobile-optimzed platform
- Constant Offers
- Inconsistent Pricing
2. Skillshare Online Art Classes
Skillshare offers several free online drawing classes. The courses teach children how to draw animal art. Your kid will learn how to use different types of drawing tools. Once you create an account on Skillshare, you can access some of the basic services. For premium services, you require a monthly fee of $19.
- Affordable pricing
- Offers free trial on premium paid membership
- Has a highly engaged community
- Doesn't offer a certificate
- The course is only available in English
3. Sparketh’s Kids Classes
Sparketh offers drawing classes to kids who are aged between 6 and 18 years. Students get to enjoy up to 1,000 free online classes for a month. They will take animal and nature drawing classes and learn how to draw and paint portraits. With dozens of courses available on Sparketh, you will certainly find something suitable for your kid.
- Has a wide variety of drawing classes
- Offers free classes
- You can upload your art into a central portfolio
- Does not offer certificates
4. Carla Sonheim’s Kid’s Week
Carla Sonheim has a series of art classes that comprise only six lessons. The classes last for a maximum of one and a half hours. They are interactive and cool because they combine art and other fun activities that children can engage in.
- Engages imaginations of your kid
- The class is free for members
- Only available during the summer
5. Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Met is also offering online drawing classes for children. Your kid will get a chance to draw inspiration from original works of art and artists. They will observe through drawing and then respond to creative challenges in their galleries.
- Offers free online drawing classes
- Allows you to explore and practice drawing techniques
- You have to wait for upcoming events
6. Nature’s Art Club
Nature’s Art Club offers drawing classes at $10 a month. The service features a drawing tutorial. The courses are nature-based, and Nature’s Art Club provides educational material to help your kid learn facts about whatever they are drawing.
- Your whole family can enjoy one subscription
- No required time commitments
- Doesn't offer a free trial
7. Thrive Art School
Thrive Art School provides kids with year-round drawing classes. They have a range of drawing classes on their YouTube channel. The lessons are suitable for intermediate and beginner artists. The beginner videos can help your child learn how to draw dogs, puppies, creative castles, and tropical fish.
- You don't need a subscription to access the tutorials
- Kids can access inappropriate content on YouTube
8. Video School Online
Nature’s Art Club offers an art course at $10. The course contains eight projects that teach kids mixed-media art, painting, and drawing skills. Each class contains a supply list, an introduction to the project, and a printable instruction sheet to make the session easy to follow.
- You can pause the videos if you want
- Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Courses are only in English
How Can Parents Avoid Their Kids From Overusing the Screen While Attending Online Drawing Classes?
Parents exposing their children to online drawing classes ought to maintain a balance between screen time and other activities. Here are some tips that will help you prevent your child from overusing the screen when taking online drawing classes:
- Fix a Schedule: Creating a schedule can help your kid cultivate discipline as a habit. Make sure they only attend the online drawing classes when you are around to supervise them. In turn, this will ensure that they cannot overuse the screen while learning how to draw.
- Make Sure They Are Not on Social Media When Attending Online Drawing Classes: Social media is addictive and can distract your kid while they are learning online. Your kid can end up spending too much time on social media platforms instead of learning how to draw. So you need to introduce a rule that prohibits them from using social media during class sessions.
- Use FamiSafe: You can use FamiSafe to regulate the amount of time your kid spends on the screen. If you think some apps are distracting your kid from learning how to draw online, you can use FamiSafe to block these specific apps on their device. Your kid's brain is still developing, including their decision-making center. As such, many apps can hijack their brain while they are seeking validation. As a result, they might end up getting glued to their screens for hours. Too much screen time can lead to educational and behavioral problems.
Luckily, when you choose to use FamiSafe, you can control the time that they will be spending on the screen. FamiSafe allows you to check which application your kid spends too much time on. With this information, you will know which apps to block so that your child focuses on online drawing classes and enjoy the benefits that they offer.
While online drawing classes for kids have a lot of benefits, you should monitor your child when they are on the internet learning to ensure that they don't overuse the screen. FamiSafe offers a solution to parents who would like to limit the time their children use the screen.