10 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
Proper communication and motivation to your child are sufficient for their mental growth. It also enhances proper psychological and physical growth which helps them become mentally stable children besides maturing at the right age. The form of communication that enhances all this is can be the various mode of speech like talking, listening in addition to the phrases that a parent must talk to his child about. Apart from being patient a parent should also carefully choose their words and be generous with them when talking to their child so that it doesn’t harm their delicate mind.
Here are 10 phrases every child needs to hear from parents. Keep reading!
10 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
10-I Am Sorry
While children grow, they tend to be a bit adventurous. Exploring their environment is a part of their growth, but they may end up being in harmful and painful situations, and being disobedient to you. It is good to assure them everything will be alright.
If any point you and your child may end up in confrontation and disagreements. Their feelings get hurt and I am sorry is a powerful phrase from a parent to apologize for any undesired action or word and make your kids feel better.
Children tend to be a bit impatient especially when it comes to having fun. It is a great practice to teach them good virtues such as patience as they would need the quality in everyday life. It is good to make them wait, or even make a pact with them until they are ready.
For instance, a teenager who eagerly wants to drive, it is advisable for you to make her wait and explain the reason as well. As the saying goes, “Hurry hurry has no blessings” and “Patience pays.”
8-You Win Some You Lose Some
This is yet another powerful phrase that every child needs to hear from parents. The parent should assure the child with carefully thought out words and comfort that it’s ok if you lost out a competition or misplaced your favorite toy. It is ok to lose something in anticipation of something greater and new. The parent is supposed to show empathy and not let their child suppress the negative feelings as it could lead to psychological imbalance. You should let your child vent out her emotions as long as it is not violent and is harming anybody around.
7-Thank You, Well Done
It is good to appreciate and recognize your child’s efforts. You should cherish their achievements and even reward their efforts as this heightens their self-esteem. Using wonderful words to encourage them by admiring their efforts is advisable. It is not good to compare your child to someone else’s on their achievements. Doing so lowers the child’s self-worth and they may end up being in depression due to jealousy and discouragement which can stay on until their adulthood.
Whether it is school affairs or the co-curricular to the indoor activities, a parent should have first-hand information and value their efforts.
6-You Are Safe
Brimming a sense of security enhances courage. The child grows up knowing their environment and all the dangers around. A courageous child will endeavor to take up a hard task, present their best and may end up making their parent proud. “You are Safe” phrase from a parent to a child can stir a sense of safety and drive out any shred of insecurity in the child’s mind no matter what situation he is in.
In addition to instilling courage, a parent should watch out for their child as well. Learn what they are up to and guide them accordingly. You may not always be there to protect the child, but with sufficient guidance, the child may make it through tough times.
5-You Can Do It
Besides assuring and ensuring safety, the child needs the motivation to make it through the trial times. They might be having a hard time in school or in the neighborhood. It is good as a parent to take up the initiative to always encourage your child. With moral support, guidance and inspirational words, your children are bound to do their best and make it. Moreover, walking with them through the hard times and using collective phrases such as “We” encourages the child and makes him feel as if you are a part of them. In short, it fosters bonding of the parent and child.
4- I Respect You
“I Respect You” is another very important phrase that every child needs to hear from parents as it helps enhance cognitive growth and a sense of maturity. It helps the child understand their surroundings and make thoughtful decisions. The child will always want to hear this and therefore end up doing their best whether the parent is watching or not. He will grow up with this mentality and their mannerism will be to do their best in a respectable way.
Hence, it is good to give them their space as you do with other grownups. This will depict respect.
3- You Are Unique
Saying to them that they are unique is a wonderful phrase. It not only improves their self-esteem but also gives them room to be spontaneous. There is nothing more wonderful than figuring out your talent and acquiring wonderful hobbies. They will be prompted to venture into an unknown world ready to conquer it for with their skills. There are many good things that will come their way by simply telling them how good they are and how different they are from others. It equips them with a sense of being.
2- I Am Proud of You
This is one ideal phrase that you as a parent must say often to your child as it carries a lot of weight. It not only encourages the child but also creates a strong relationship between the child and the parent. The child would often want to hear this.
1- I Love You
This is the ultimate phrase. The child needs to hear this phrase constantly followed up by actions that mean it. In most cases, it is better to spend time with the child, have fun with them, and take time of technology and any other distractions for a quality one-on-one with them. Be it chatting or playing, it is good to spend time with them and use this phrase as often as possible.
“I Love You” is the strongest of all phrases that your child needs to hear from you.
FamiSafe - A Most Reliable Parental Control App
Being a parent is the most wonderful thing in the world. Since a child always needs care and needs to hear beautiful phrases, at the same time parents, need to take care of each and every aspect of their safety and their online behavior. Thus, to cater to this cumulative need of parents and children there is one best-suited tool to cover all the requirements called “FamiSafe”. Parents can use this app to guide their child and help them make the right choices. It is useful for many things, be it planning and scheduling activities or events with your child, monitoring their online activities and many more. The features of this app are impeccable. This is an app that will help you deliver some of the above must hear phrases even at a distance.
- Powerful geographical fencing technology
- Easy to access location history
- Internet Filtering
- Screen Time Monitoring
- Customized Settings
It is extremely important that you spend ample time with your child as a friend and someone he/she can look up to for anything under the Sun. This will help you know about their habits and talents. Some of these phrases that a child need to hear help in nurturing the mental growth of your child. Keep in mind to not to just say it, but always show that you mean it.
In addition, if you need to have a closer eye on your child, download of FamiSafe for free from App or Google Play and see for yourself the amazing features that it comes with.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review