5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
Parenting is a hard job! Don’t get us wrong if our opening sentence threw you off a little. In our quest to provide the best for our children, we tend to forget a significant responsibility towards them. We fail to realize that we are also responsible for guiding them through this journey called life. This is especially true for the people with incredibly busy lives. In fact, a survey revealed that most parents spend less than twelve minutes with their kids each day. We have gathered a list of 5 Questions you should ask children every day in the little time you spend with them.
As surprising as it may sound, simply asking your child ‘How’s Life’ can work wonders to reinforce the relationship you share with them. We will totally understand if the only response you get initially is just ‘fine’ or ‘okay’. However, remember not to insist your child on responding. You might not want to make it look like an interrogation.
Instead, build on it and make it a daily habit. When your children eventually do open up, they are more likely to see you as their support system. It makes up for an excellent choice to ask them about their day and what they liked/disliked the most.
What’s Up With Your Friends?
Unfortunately, even the smartest of all parents use the technique of comparing their child with their friends or cousins. This is one of the unhealthiest things that a parent can do. Instead, one of the important questions you should ask children is ‘what’s up with their friends’. A lot is going on in your child’s mind. Maybe they saw their friends do something that they weren’t sure was right or wrong.
When you seem interested in their lives, they are likely to see you as one of their friends. It will help you to know what kind of people your child spends time around. In fact, it might even enlighten you about your child’s way of perceiving things.
Anything Cool Going On?
This is the best question if you want to reestablish the communication between you and your child. Investing your time in what their day was like is always beneficial. When you ask your kids if there is anything cool in their lives, you might get to know what drives them as a person. By knowing what your kid perceives as exciting/boring enlightens you about their artistic abilities or any other special interest that they might have towards something.
If you’re lucky, you might even unintentionally help your child to focus on something that might help them in the future.
Do You Need Help With Anything?
Another one of the important Questions you should ask children! You are never going to be close to your kids (especially teens) if you’re not part of their struggles. No, we aren’t saying they will open up to you immediately. However, you’re only going to get there by taking baby steps. Ask them if they need any help and see if they let you in. You could be helping them with anything like coloring a book or doing their homework. The kids are more likely to see you as someone they can always count on. This will only help to ensure that if there is anything wrong, you’ll always be the first one to know.
How did you show kindness or love today?
This is extremely important if you firmly believe in raising a child that is good to others. When you ask your kids if they did anything kind today, they will always ensure that they have something to respond with. It could be something as simple as taking their dishes to the sink or perhaps something significant as sharing their belongings with someone. This will soon develop into a habit and become a permanent trait in their personalities.
What Else Can You Do?
Apart from this list of questions you should ask children, also consider getting parental control software installed on your phone. These kinds of software help you to monitor your child’s online activity. One of the more impressive parental control apps that we have come across is FamiSafe. The app is aimed at the parents who are always worried about their child’s whereabouts.
How Does That Work?
You need to install the app on both yours and your child’s smartphone. The app is available on Android Play Store as well as Apple App Store. Upon installing, you will be able to monitor your child’s entire online activity on their smartphone. In fact, the app also lets you control how much time your child can spend on a particular app. This comes in especially handy when you want to limit the time they spend playing addictive games on their smartphones.
If you are worried about going too far from home, you can activate real-time location tracking that will allow you to know their location at any hour of the day.
Other benefits of FamiSafe:
- Real-time Location Tracking Along With Geo-fencing
- App Blocker and Activity Monitor
- Web Monitor and Content Filtering
- Flexible Remote Cotnrol and Personalization Setting
- Screen Time Tracking and Control
These were some of the questions you should ask children every day. All that said and done do not expect your kids to respond to your new initiative right off the bat. Be consistent with the questions and maintain healthy communication with your children. Your kids will respond better when they see it coming from a friendlier point of view.
If you fear your child has been keeping bad company, or isn't entirely focused in school, get FamiSafe installed on your phones immediately. Download the app from Play Store or App Store and give it a try. Once you know what is keeping your child busy, you can work on counterproductive ways to improve their behavior. As they say, for the right diagnosis, you first need to find the root cause of the problem.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension