10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
A father-son relationship is one that should be embraced in high repute. The importance of a father in the overall psychological, socio-cultural and moral health of a child can never be on the over appraisal gauge, if anything, it has been watered down. A great dad should not just be available for the financial provision of the family alone, but should be available to see through the learning process and growth of his kids.
Thus, in this article today, we shall discuss the top 10 lessons that every father must teach his son.
10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
Great dads often earn their title when their kids can specifically point to what they have directly contributed to their lives. A mum is highly important, no doubt, but there are holes in a male child’s upbringing that only the dad can fill. This is so because he has passed through that same phase of growth in his life as well.
So, here are the 10 important things that every Dad should teach their son.
1. EXPLAIN THE IMPORTANCE OF WINNING AND LOSING
In the mandatory sojourn through the limited sphere of life, it is never just a jolly all round win for anybody, unless we are trying to be unrealistic. Every human must fail at some point no matter how much effort we put in. Losing might be a painful truth to chew for most kids. A loss in a game, failure in class or the inability to carry out a task among others usually sends a cold dejection down their spines. Dads should teach their sons that it is okay to fail and lose once in a while. Failure is not a dream kill, it is just a temporary setback that signals that you can do it right another way, simply get up, dust off and kick off again.
2. TEACH HIM HOW TO TREAT WOMEN RIGHT
Although this subject might sound like something meant for mums to teach a son, it is always best to learn from a dad’s perspective. A father should teach his son the right way to treat women and the best attitude to show unto them. Dads can carry out this lesson by simply leading by example. A son should be taken with his dad to buy things for his mum, talking to unfamiliar women outside in a store or park, helping out his wife (mum) in the home front, and never maltreating the opposite sex.
3. HAVE A FATHER-SON CONVERSATION ON LOVE
This is another phrase that should not only be discussed but also shown by exemplary actions. When the time is right, a dad should discuss with his son about love and all that it entails. He should be able to relate unto him his personal experiences such as his first love, dates, what ought to be done when love comes to play and how to handle rejected love.
4. TEACH HIM HOW TO FIGHT BACK
A father should be able to train his son how to be a fighter. This does not necessarily involve the training of strength in physical combat but also how to react when push comes to shove. He should be taught how to handle bullies, how to keep his cool, handle provocation, and the fact that it does not have to always be “an eye for an eye”. Most importantly, he should know that kindness is not a weakness, but a virtue that also comes with its perks when not managed. Alternatively, a dad should train his son to be able to defend himself when danger takes a shot.
5. FEED THE CHILD WITH NEW EXCITEMENTS AND INTERESTS
Dads should engage and enrich their son’s minds with brand new experiences that might help induce a sense of adventure and excitement. A great dad should ensure that their kids are not used to a rigid and regimented approach life, they should take some time to experience the new environment, atmosphere, sometimes rigorous activities to have a new taste of reality.
6. TEACH HIM A FEW MALE TRICKS
As a male child, your son should be able to perform a few easy male activities that most women might see as some sort of difficult masculine magic, but in a real sense they are easy. A dad should teach his son basic useful tricks such as starting a fire, fixing simple and easy car issues, changing a flat tire, making use of a nail and hammer and so on. These simple activities and tricks will usually come handy someday in his life and once they have been mastered, they stick forever.
7. TEACH HIM BASIC DOMESTIC ACTIVITIES.
It is shame when a male child cannot do simple basic domestic activities all by himself. A father should try as much as possible to imbibe independence. He should be taught to knot a tie, tie the lace of his shoes and boots right, iron his shirts and trousers and even shaving. A great Dad can also show his son that men can also cook and that it is not a region strictly accessible to women alone.
8. HELP HIM DISCOVER HIS OWN VIEW AND PERSPECTIVE OF THE WORLD
We all know that all humans have the right to their opinions and views on different topics and situations. We all operate on different wavelengths and view life from diverse perspective. A father should be there to guide his son through the right path of discovering his own analysis of the facets of life and never imposing on him.
9. TEACH HIM MODERATION AND SELF CONTROL.
Another important lesson that a dad should teach his son is self control. Dad should always let his son know that as much as a lot of things feel good to do or take, addiction to them is but just a step away. He needs to be taught to introduce self-control and moderation into everything to avoid addiction to the wrong things.
10. TEACH HIM THAT YOU CANNOT KNOW EVERYTHING
This is a very important lesson that most people sometimes fail to understand, especially when your son is an academic genius. Some people believe they know it all and so they drown in the ocean of their own ignorance. A father should teach his son to listen more and talk less and that he should never be scared of asking when in doubt or faced with uncertainty.
FamiSafe - The Best Parental Control for Parents
In trying to teach children things about life, it is also okay to help keep them safe by keeping an active eye on their phone activities to prevent them from the addiction or falling victim of negative technological influence. FamiSafe is the best parental control app that all parents can use to keep an eye on their kids. With FamiSafe’s simple and pleasing interface and its availability on the two biggest smartphone operating systems, that is, iOS and Android, it is available for a free download to all parents.
FamiSafe was programmed to be a fully functional parental control and monitoring app with a lot of impressive features such as:
- App block facility,
- Real-time location tracking,
- Location history and Geo-fencing,
- Web filter to prevent your children from viewing unwanted content on the Internet, and a lot more.
Most fathers want to be great dads to their sons, teaching them all that they need to know. However, you cannot teach all the lessons of life at one go your son. Hence, it is also important to keep an eye on them and be accountable. To help with parental control and monitoring of your kid’s activities, FamiSafe is the best parental control app on mobile and it is available for free on both Google play store for Android and Apple store.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review