Effective ways to locate lost iPad with Android or iPhone
Effective ways to locate lost iPad
- Porn Blocker App
- App Blocker
The age of technology has advanced, from the first telegraph machine to the internet. One such technology that attracts the eyes of tech-savvy people is the Smartphone. Almost anybody in the millennial age owns a Smartphone for different reasons such as access to the internet, storage of data, communication purposes, and many other reasons.
Smartphones range differently in size, shape, color, price, and functionality. Since these portable computers are high in demand, many tech companies have ventured and invested highly in the production line for Smartphones. They have undoubtedly gained more and quite large profits. The multibillion American companies, Apple, is one such iconic technology company that has been successful in the smartphone business. Apple tops in sales cap globally with its sleek design and fabulous products. Its products include Macbook laptops, IPad tablets, and the iPhone.
Losing an IPad in this Smartphone-centric millennial age is can be a harrowing experience. Besides the high price, apple products come with, the massive amount of personal data embedded in the gadget attracts vast risks if the information is lost or gets into the wrong hand. Handy measures are therefore put in place to ensure the safety of the IPad and the vast data in it.
These measures vary from the iOS native applications to some third party applications by other developers.
Locating your iPad using iPhone
Securing your phone- IPad comes with advanced security features such as Face ID or Touch ID all to increase the users' comfort. Setting a passcode or face/touch ID to protect your personal information is very critical in ensuring the security of your personal information. It would be unpleasant for private data like private conversations, home, and office locations, banking apps, emails, photos, etc. to leak out to a stranger.
To secure your data, go to the device setting and select face ID or passcode, follow the prompts, and enjoy maximum security.
Make sure Find My Device is enabled
Security of your Device does not with setting up a passcode; more security can be put in place. By allowing the Find My Device, your IPad can be traced to its current location. This feature is helpful in case your IPad got lost or was stolen. Find My Device is usually turned on by default.
To check if your device is turned on, go to the Settings app, and tap on your name at the top of the screen. Select iCloud and then scroll down and Find My Phone. You should be able to see two features with buttons turned on. You are all set if both switches are turned on. If not, turn them on and exit.
Take advantage of Family Sharing
With Family Sharing set up, you can view the location of all the devices synced to a family member's Apple ID. So when your phone is lost, you can ask a family member to look for your IPad instantly. This feature is handy since it saves you money by letting your entire family install a paid app on multiple devices. Family Sharing integrates with Find My Device
Don't lose your phone
Employing good phone habits plays a critical role in ensuring your IPad safety. Keep your IPad secure when traveling or when visiting unfamiliar places. Do not keep your phone out in the open, and always keep a close eye on it. If you lose your IPad, do not panic! Take a deep breath and remember to use Find My Device.
Locating your IPad
If you lose your IPad or think it might be stolen, the following steps might help you find it and protect your information.
If Find My IPad is enabled
- Sign In to iCloud.com/find on the web browser or use the Find My app on another Apple device. To find your iPad, go to iCloud.com or open the Find My app and click on the Find iPhone button. Select the iPad to view its location on a map. If your iPad in a close range, you can have it plays a sound to help you or someone nearby find it.
- You can always mark your iPad as lost. This security recovery feature locks your iPad remotely with a passcode, and you can display a custom message with your phone number on your missing Device's Lock screen. It will also keep track of your iPad's location. The banking information added to Apple Pay is also safe. Payments and transactions done through Apple Pay are suspended when your iPad is set in Lost Mode.
- To prevent anyone from accessing the information on your missing iPad, you can use the Erase your device option. Erasing your iPad wipes out all the data (including debit, credit, or prepaid cards for Apple Pay), and you will not be able to locate it using the Find My app. Device tracking is disabled once the iPad is turned off. Also, Activation Lock will be turned off once your Apple account is signed off the device.
- Report your lost/stolen device to local law enforcement. Law authorities might request the serial number of your iPad. Your wireless carrier can also disable your account to prevent calls, texts, and data use. You can file a claim for your lost or stolen iPad is your device is covered by AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss.
Unlocking your iPad with Android
Most features in Android are provided for by third-party applications. If your iPad is lost or stolen, third party applications will help you locate and find it. Google play store has many claims to help find a lost phone. One particular app is Prey Anti-Theft.
Prey Anti-Theft-is a third-party app developed to assist you in finding your lost or stolen device, whether iPad, iPhone, or MacBook. You can sync and see all your devices in its single interface for a comfortable experience. This application is equipped with more advanced features than both Apple's Find My iPhone and Google's Find Device for Android. Prey Anti-Theft can take a photo of the person holding your device, alert when the device enters or exits within the geo range, and uses a fake decoy interface to trick the person and get caught. Login Preyproject in a browser and click the device that you want to locate. Scroll to the option named Missing for receiving reports in your inbox. Other options included are triggering an alarm, lock your device, and collect network and location info.
Famisafe is an interactive parenting tool that gives its users control over phone usage and online activities. This app is mainly developed to help parents manage their kids' screentime and makes parenting a lot easier. Famisafe embeds many features such as
- Real-time Location Tracking and Geo-fencing-this functionality enable parents to track their kid's location and also view the history location to ensure they do not visit restricted areas. Parents can get alerts from the app whenever their child enters or leaves geo-fences. Famisafe app allows its users to see the browsing history remotely and can block these sites.
How to locate an iPad with FamiSafe
FamiSafe is a reliable app for tracking or live location. FamiSafe will track your phone's activity. There are several ways FamiSafe can help parents track kids' iPad.
Track real-time location- if your device is connected to FamiSafe account and kids' devices, you can log in to the app, click on the "Live Location" feature, track it (iPad) or view the location history on a real-time basis. You can also set geo-fences and get alerts whenever your iPad leaves the designated locations.
The risks associated with losing a smartphone can be terrifying, especially if it is an iPad. But luckily, you do not have to worry as there are many options you can use to recover it. The above methods highlight some of these ways that can assist you in finding your iPad. You can take advantage of secure and reliable applications like FamiSafe, which are very handy. FamiSafe is the most reliable app for location tracking, web filtering, app blocking, and screen time control. You can start your control right now!