How to Block a Page on Facebook
how to block a page on facebook
There’s no denying how amazing Facebook has been when it comes to connecting us all and allowing us access to an incredible range of resources, information, and content. Whether you follow your favorite celebrities and brands while keeping up with the latest trends, or you simply connect to the people you care about, Facebook has something for everyone.
However, not all the content is content you want to see appearing on your timeline, and sometimes it can be offensive, harmful, or just plain stupid. What’s more, this intensifies when your children are using Facebook.
Perhaps there’s a page with abusive or aggressive content or the photos, videos and posts they’re uploading are simply not suitable for your child of a certain age, and you don’t want them seeing it. If this is the case, as a responsible parent, it’s up to you to take action.
Today, we’re going to explore the ins and outs of blocking a page on Facebook, as well as website pages on your browser, such as gambling websites, pornography, and other forms of harmful online content. We’ll detail everything you need to know on how to block a page on Facebook and web browser, giving you the tools you need to take action.
How to Block a Page on Facebook on Mobile
All images come from the WikiHow page.
With over 95.5% of all Facebook users accessing their profiles through their mobile devices, the chances are you or your loved ones are using Facebook through your mobile browser, or your dedicated Facebook app.
However, the process to block a certain page, or as many pages as you like, remains simple. Here are the steps you need to make it happen. This guide also works for tablet devices on both Android and iOS operating systems.
Open your Facebook app from the home screen. If you’re not already signed into your account, do so when prompted, so you find yourself on your timeline.
Navigate to the page you want to block using the search bar, by searching through your Pages if you follow it already, or by selecting it on your timeline.
Tap the menu button in the top right-hand side of the screen which looks like three dots or dashes, then tap the Report button.
Navigate through the options that are best for you. To make things quick, tap ‘I just don’t like it.’ Now tap the ‘Block “Page Name” button.
This will hide all the posts you see from the page name, and you won’t have access to this content again unless you go into your blocked pages list and unblock the page.
How to Block a Page on Facebook on Desktop
If you block a page on your mobile device, it will be blocked across all your devices, including your desktop computer. However, if you don’t use Facebook on a mobile device, but instead use a computer, and you want to block a page, the process is slightly different.
Here’s how to block a page on Facebook from your desktop computer;
Open your preferred web browser (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.) and go to the Facebook website at www.facebook.com. You’ll need to sign into the account you want to block the page on.
Using the search bar, navigate to the page you want to block. On the other hand, you can click any page name from your feed or timeline to go to the page.
Once on the page, click the menu button just underneath the cover photo. This button is located next to the Share button. From the drop-down menu, click the Block Page option.
Read the confirmation screen and click the Confirm button to actively block the page and their posts from being visible on your Facebook feed.
How to Block a Page on Browser via FamiSafe
While there may be some content you don’t want to see and go out of your way to block on Facebook, this isn’t the only platform where you can find inappropriate and unsuitable content. The internet is full of it.
As we mentioned above, if your child is surfing the internet, it’s crazy how easy it is for them to end up on websites that content age-restricted content like pornography and gambling platforms, as well as talking to strangers or becoming exposed to online users with malicious intent, like hackers.
However, as a parent who cares about their child’s well-being, you’ll want to know how you can block access to these websites, and how to block a page on Facebook, so they simply can’t be visited, especially if your child is browsing the internet from their own mobile device. This is where FamiSafe comes in.
FamiSafe is the world’s leading parental control software that allows parents to monitor and manage how their children are using their mobile devices. Your child can continue to use their phone as they please, but you’ll have the ability to remotely check everything that’s going on, and then actively put up measures to stop them doing certain things.
Some of the features you’ll have access to include;
Remote Web Filtering Controls
Using FamiSafe, you’ll be able to actively block access to certain websites on your child’s phone. This works across all mobile browsers, and a block can be put up as simple as typing in the URL. You can block individual websites or entire genres of sites in one go. You can also add exceptions to the list, and block and unblock these websites whenever you like!
Real-Time Location Tracking & Geofencing
Using the GPS technology built into your child’s phone, you’ll be able to see the location of your child’s device in real-time, no matter where they are in the world. You can also set up virtual geofences that will notify your phone if your child leaves a certain area.
App Monitoring Features with App Block Control
FamiSafe allows you to track exactly which apps your child is installing and uninstalling on their phone and how long they’re using each app for, including web browsers and social media apps. Think they’re spending too long on their phone? Simply block access for as long as you want.
Screen Time Tracking and Control Features
Similar to the feature above, the Screen Time feature allows you to see exactly how long your child is spending on their device in total and allows you to block it manually, or for a certain amount of time using the scheduling feature
A Complete Parental Control Experience Unlike other parental control applications, FamiSafe allows you to control everything that’s going on on your child’s phone without even needing access to it. The parent side of the app is installed on your own device, and all the features and functions can be controlled remotely through there safely and securely.
How to Block a Page with Website Filtering Feature of FamiSafe
Now, you’re probably wondering just how easy it is to set up and uses FamiSafe to block a webpage, and it’s just as easy as blocking a page on Facebook. In fact, here’s a step-by-step guide to show you just how easy it is;
Step #1 - Install FamiSafe
Head over to the FamiSafe website and create an account using your email address and then creating a password. Now download the FamiSafe app from the website on both your phone and your child’s phone (or whoever’s phone you’re going to control).
FamiSafe works for both iOS and Android devices. Alternatively, you can download the app directly to your device by searching ‘FamiSafe’ in your respective app store.
Step #2 - Set Up FamiSafe
Open the FamiSafe app on both phones and log in using the account you made in Step #1. On both screens, you’ll have the option to choose ‘Parent’ and ‘Child’ options. Make sure you pick the right one for which phone you’re on.
Now, FamiSafe is set up and ready to use, and you can give your child’s phone back to them!
Step #3 - Blocking a Website
Open the FamiSafe application on your own phone, and you’ll find yourself on the main menu. From here, tap the WebFilter option. Using the first menu, you’ll be able to block whole groups of websites by picking the genre of website you want to block.
On the other hand, you can type in the URL of the website, such ‘www.facebook.com,’ to block the entire website manually whenever you want. That’s all there is to it when it comes to blocking websites and online content using the FamiSafe app.
While the internet is a broad place with lots of amazing things to offer, there’s no denying there’s some rather questionable content of there, especially when it comes to seeing what our child should and shouldn’t have access too.
However, knowing how to block certain Facebook pages and certain websites using FamiSafe is a fantastic tool to make sure your child can only access what they should be accessing and doesn’t fall into the trap of viewing inappropriate and unsuitable content. Take back control as a responsible parent today!
- App Blocker
- Pop up Blocker App for Google Chrome
- Text Message Blocker Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best ad blockers for iPhone and iPad
- The Best App Blocker and Parental Control for iPhone
- The Best App Blocker and Parental Control for Android
- Mac App Blocker Protects Your Apps
- Best Call Blocker App for Android
- Call Blocker Apps for iPhone
- 5 Best Call Blocker Apps for Android and iOS
- Best Porn Blocker App for Parents
- Block Text Messages on Android
- Best Free Call Block Apps for Android
- The Best Website Blocker Apps for Studing
- 5 Best Ad Blocer Apps for Android
- Block a Number on Your Phone
- Block Facebook App on Cell Phone
- Block ads on Youtube for Android
- Mobile Tracker
- 5 Ways to Track A Phone
- Top 10 Best Mobile Location Tracker
- Top 10 Car Tracker You Need to Know
- Top 10 Tracking Devices & Apps for Kids
- Top 10 Child Tracking Devices Parents Need to Know
- 3 Ways to Track Mobile Location
- Top 10 iPhone Tracker in 2018
- 5 Ways to Track A Cell Phone Location for Free
- Top 10 Mobile Tracker App & Services to Track A Phone
- Top 10 GPS Tracker for Kids
- Top 10 iPhone Monitoring Software Parents Need to Know
- 10 Best Free Android Monitoring Apps to Monitor Your Kids
- 10 Best Phone Monitoring Apps Parents Can't Miss
- Monitor Phone Activity on Andriod and iPhone
- Top 10 GPS Phone Trackers for Parents
- Top 10 Free Mobile Trackers You Can't-Miss!
- Top 10 Android Tracking App You Need to Know
- Child Monitoring
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android