Useful Parental Guide for Google Chrome parental controls
Set google chrome parental controls
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.4 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.5 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.6 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.7 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.8 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.9 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.10 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.11 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.12 Track A Person's Location
- 2.13 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.14 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.15 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.16 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension
- Child Monitoring
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - Set Speed Limit
Parental control is an integral and vital aspect of parenting and it has now become a point of greater concern with the advent of technology in the figure of smartphones and the internet as well. This is as the internet is a freely accessible world of endless information, and its content can be viewed by anyone with a phone and internet connection. As a way to curb children from accessing what they shouldn't, Google help parents set Google Chrome parental control by SafeSearch or family link app.
So, first of all, let's go in deep to understand the recent changes by Google Chrome Parental Controls. And learn how to set parental controls on Google Chrome in different ways.
Google shut down Chromes parental control features in 2018
In 2013, Google launched an interesting supervised users feature on its Google Chrome browser. This feature gave parents the ability to completely lock the Chrome browser on a targeted device or to block and prevent access to specified websites. It could also be used to activate the safe search feature on Google search engine to ensure the accurate filtering of Google search results to provide only contents that are safe and decent for all age range. Supervised Users also constantly keeps the historical record of all websites that have been visited on the browser.
This feature was well embraced by users, but to the utmost surprise of all, in an email sent to users in January 2018, Google has decided to deprecate the feature due to evolution in how we all use smartphones and computers.
Family link app: set google chrome parental controls on android phone
The new alternative provided by Google is called the Google Family Link Parent Control Solution . This alternative gives room for parents to create Google Accounts for their children to be managed by them to view browsing history. This feature is currently only available for use on Android devices and there are no specific details on when it will be available to desktop users.
It does have a well-designed and impressively user-friendly interface, but it does come with its own limitations. Its availability on only Android devices for now till further notice is one huge set back in the program. It has left desktop or PC users and parents with no way to control what their kids view when on a personal computer.
Google also made certain that the parental control would be used for kids alone since parents can only open Family link accounts for children who are under the age of 13. This simply means internet time for teenage children cannot be monitored or controlled by their parents, at least not with family Link, except an alternative program is adopted. The age limitation is quite bewailing cos it is a known fact that children get more inquisitive during their adolescence stage which happens to fall during their teenage years.
Family link is not a bad innovation by Google, but it is believed that the Parental Control should not have been taken down, at least until it could be completely replaced by Family Link or any other parental control program for chrome.
SafeSearch - set chrome browser parental controls
Google SafeSearch is a tool that help parents filter potential explicit result, including Google Search results and Google Images. Parents can easily set safe search filter to protect kids from adult content, but kids can also turn off it secretly.
FamiSafe - Filter sites and check incognito history on Google Chrome
When it comes to solving Chrome parental contro cross-platform issues and making it as easy as it could get, FamiSafe has proven to be the absolutely perfect software for the job. It is not only the best at giving parents control over each and every app and browser activity of their children, it also can help parents monitor social media apps.
In the absence of parental controls on Chrome , FamiSafe can be used to capture just every browser activity including every single feature that might be missed in parental controls on google chrome.
It not only serves as a tool to view browser history and browser controls but is packed with a ton of several top-notch functions and features, some of which includes:
Children can be very intuitive and curious to explore contents on the internet that might be unhealthy for their psychosocial well-being. You can decide to block known websites and prevent your children from having access to specific websites by inputting the website into the control panel of the program. This will make google chrome safer for kids.
Besides blocking certain websites, you can also have access to incognito browser history that have been visited on the targeted device and when they were visited.
Monitor social media apps & YouTube
So are social meida apps keeping your children from focusing on studying? You can outrightly block all such apps with FamiSafe or monitor main social media apps with keywords alerts. It can detect dangerous signs of sexting, cyberbullying or porn addiction. Whatsmore, parents can monitor
If you don't want your kids to be distracted by their phones during study hours and chores, use FamiSafe. This will help you block the apps in those hours to make sure they concentrate on their work. This way, you can also make sure they don't use their phones during the night and get sound sleep. They would only have access to the blocked apps after the time frame selected has lapsed. You can choose to make it a one-time setting or it could be daily recurring settings.
FamiSafe is an advanced geo-fencing app that lets you geo-fence as many places as you want to. It is like a virtual invisible geographical fence that makes use of GPS to know where your children have visited. You will get instant alerts when your kids enter or leave geo-fenced places at any time. This feature helps to prevent children from visiting unwanted or unsafe areas for their own safety, or just to ensure that they are exactly where they said they were going to be.
Real-Time GPS Location:
This grants parents the ability to pinpoint the exact location of their children by tracking their mobile phones. It also keeps a track record or history of locations with time and date attached to them to know where your children were and when they were there. The exact location can also be displayed on a map.
Google Chrome Parental controls might be unavailable to users, but you do have an all in one ultimate parental control program known as FamiSafe. It easy to setup and it has a user-friendly interface. You can try this software for free from its official website.