Nintendo Switch Lite Review: Is it Worth Buying?
Full Review of Nintendo Switch Lite
- YouTube Parental Control
- How to see your YouTube history?
- What is Metaverse? Parent Guide
- Put parental controls on YouTube
- Delete TikTok Account without Phone Number
- Ways to block YouTube channels
- Ways to Get Somone's IP Address and Hide IP Address
- A complete guide on YouTube parental control
- What is Fanfiction? Parents Guide
- Kids safe YouTube alternative
- Top 5 TikTok Alternatives
- Methods to restrict YouTube adult content
- Social Media App Parental Controls
- Parental Control Tips
Headquartered in Kyoto, Nintendo is a Japanese Japanese video game company that was founded in 1889 by craftsman Fusajiro Yamauchi. After venturing into several lines of business during the Sixties and obtaining legal status as a publicly held company under the name Nintendo, it released its first video game console in 1977. Nintendo gained international recognition in 1985 after releasing the Nintendo Entertainment System. In this Nintendo Switch Lite review, we'll look at its features and if it's worth purchasing.
What Is Nintendo Switch Lite?
The Nintendo Switch Lite was officially released on September 20, 2019. It's a handheld game console that was announced on July 10, 2019. During the development stage, its codename was MH. The goal of Nintendo was to develop a sub $200 unit targeted at casual games who want to play without the need of a dedicated device. The Nintendo Switch Lite aims to change the game experience for young players.
A Complete Review of Nintendo Switch Lite
Our Nintendo Switch Lite review will look at the feature of this video game console to help you know more about it. Here are some features of this handheld-only version of the Switch.
Nintendo Switch Lite has a sleek design; it's more lighter and compact than its predecessor. It's also solely a handheld device that comes with a 5.5-inch LCD touch screen that provides 1280 x 720 pixels. The console comes in four colors: coral, turquoise, gray, and yellow.
The Lite has a D-Pad to improve controls when playing high-quality HD games. Because you don't have to deal with buttons, this enhances the gaming experience due to better and fully-functional controls. The Y, X, B, and A face buttons on the Lite offer a softer and satisfying longer journey. It also has the same gyroscope as the Switch.
The Nintendo Switch Lite weighs about 0.61 pounds, which makes it portable. Gamers can easily hold the device in their hands and play games comfortably.
The Nintendo Switch Lite packs a Lithium-ion 3570 mAh battery with a power of 13.6 Watt-hours. The battery can last between 3 and 7 hours, making it suitable for gamers who love playing on the go. However, the battery life depends on the game you are playing and the screen brightness.
The Nintendo Switch Lite console is available at a pocket-friendly price. With only $199.9, you can purchase the device and enjoy the huge library of Nintendo games.
There are over 2,000 games on the Nintendo Switch Lite. Some of the popular games that you can play on the Switch Lite include Borderlands Legendary, Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection, and Bioshock: The Collection.
Is Nintendo Switch Lite Worth Purchasing?
Yes. The Switch Lite is worth purchasing as it's convenient and makes playing games more fun. Our Nintendo Switch Lite review found the following pros and cons of this video game console.
- Inexpensive: The Nintendo Switch Lite is available at an affordable price. That means you can get your kid this video game console at only $199.9.
- Portable: The Nintendo Switch Lite is small, compact, and easy to carry around. These features come in handy, especially for kids who would like to play while on the move.
- Long Battery Life: The console has a superior battery life: It can last between 3 to 7 hours. That means you will no longer have to worry about "Battery Low" notifications while you are enjoying your favorite games.
- Built-In Controllers: The Switch Lite features a built-in directional pad on its left side, which makes it easy to control the game.
- Available in Several Colors: The Lite features different color variants. That means you can choose the color that suits you.
- Classic Design: The console has shed a few inches and ounces off the original Switch console. The first thing you'll notice is the built-in controllers that are visible on the console body.
- Can Play Switch Games: The Nintendo Switch Lite can play games that were designed for the Nintendo Switch. That means you can play popular titles such as Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Maker 2 on the Switch Lite.
- Great Parental Controls: The Switch Lite console allows you to restrict certain features with the Parental Controls. You can restrict your kid from downloading games and use of specific content. What's the best part? The screen time feature lets you set the time your child can use the console. Once these restrictions are set, they will be in place for anyone who uses the system.
Every video console has its disadvantages. Below are the cons of what our Nintendo Switch Lite review found.
- It's Designed for Solo Play: The Switch Lite is designed for handheld solo play. So this will turn off people who love playing local multiplayer games with their friends using several Joy-Cons. Because the Nintendo Switch Lite's controllers are not detachable, you have to purchase extra Joy-Cons to enjoy multiplayer gaming.
- Small Screen Size: The console has a 5-5 inch touchscreen with a 720p resolution. Most gamers prefer to play their favorite games on a large screen.
- Cannot Connect to a TV: Nintendo Switch Lite lacks the hardware to connect to a screen. You have no option but to use the 5.5-inch screen. It does not support games built for tablet or TV mode.
- There Are a Few Games Available: There are not many Nintendo Switch Lite games available for players to enjoy on the device.
What Should Parents Do Before They Give the Nintendo Switch Lite To Their Kids as a Gift?
Most parents make the mistake of gifting their kids with a Nintendo Switch Lite before they agree on some guidelines. There are many potential threats that you could expose your child to. Therefore, before you give your child this gift, you need to do the following:
- Set Up Parental Control: The Switch Lite comes with a parental control feature. You can use it to restrict your children from accessing adult content and spending too much time playing games on the Switch Lite. You can enable this feature from the set-up screen when setting up the Nintendo Switch Lite. Alternatively, you can enable Parental Controls at any time by going to the System Settings on the Nintendo Switch Lite console.
- Agree on Screen Time Limit: Switch Lite can be addictive, which can make your kid spend too much time on the screen. You can make sure of the parental control feature of Nintendo Switch to set up screen time usage restrictions and prevent your kids from getting addicted to the game consoles.
- Set Age Limits and Encourage Openness: You can choose the age limit of gamers you're comfortable playing with your child. This feature is available in PEGI ratings in the settings menu. Doing this will prevent suspicious gamers from playing with your child.
Parents should share life-changing conversions with their children from time to time. A child listens to what their parents have to say to them. Once you agree with your child, they will not want to disobey your orders. Encourage face-to-face conversations with your child if you don't want them to communicate with strangers. Advise your child on the dangers of online predators. What’s more? You can also opt to toggle the setting menu on the Switch Lite. This feature instantly prevents your child from communicating with strangers.
How can Parents Restrict Kid's Screen Time Usage
Other than game consoles, kids tend to spend a lot of time on digital devices which is bad for their physical and mental health. Therefore, parents should look for ways to restrict kid's screen time usage on these devices too. Today we would like to recommend FamiSafe to you.
FamiSafe also allows has an activity report feature that allows you to check everything that your kid has been up to when they are using their devices. You can see which games they were playing on their Android devices and the time they spend playing them. If you think that some games are not good for your kid, you can block them using FamoSafe's App Blocker.
You can also set up screen time restrictions for your kid's Android, iOS, Fire OS, Windows, and Mac devices to prevent your kids from overusing the screen and protect their eyesight. Moreover, you can set up different schedules for different purposes to help your kids form good digital usage habits.
Now that we have read about the review of Nintendo Switch Lite, it will be easy for you to make the decision on whether to purchase the Switch Lite for your kids or not. If you are looking for ways to restrict kid's screen time usage. Then you can try FamiSafe!