The Most Reliable Parental Control App
FamiSafe lets parents control screen time, track real-time location and detect inappropriate content on kids' devices.
Xiaomi has established itself in the world of smartphones within a short span of time. The features that it provides in its android phones are the latest. This all has been possible because of their highly skilled and innovative R&D team.
You can set screen time on Xiaomi phones to limit your phone usage. Xiaomi screen time is easy to set and use. But for some, it is difficult. If you are one of them and are looking for the right technique, this guide is for you.
You will get various ways to set mi screen time.
Part 1: How do I check screen time on Mi?
It’s doesn’t feel right when you spend a lot of hours in front of your phones’ screens, and you don’t know how much time you have spent so far? Well, if you are losing your patience, you need to relax.
Using the MIUI 10 beta or above version, you will get pre-installed Google’s Digital Wellbeing and parental controls app on your Xiaomi phone.
This means you can use Digital Wellbeing & parental controls app to check screen time on MI. It will let you set screen time apart from various other parental control features. For this, you have to open “Settings” and click on “Digital Wellbeing & parental controls”.
This will take you to statistics, or what we call the main dashboard. You will be provided with all the required information. You will be able to know how much time you spend on your phone. Which apps, you use the most? Which app sends you the most notifications? You will also be able to know how often you unlock your phone. You can set goals and make sure that you are on track.
Part 2: How do I set time limits on Xiaomi?
When it comes to setting Xiaomi screen time, you can easily do so through Digital Wellbeing & parental controls. It lets you set limits; thus, you can easily keep an eye on screen time.
The family link lets you set screen time limits for your device. All you need to do is to go to “Settings” followed by “Digital Wellbeing & parental controls” followed by “Set up parental controls”. Now click on “Get started”.
Although this is the official way to set the MIUI screen time limit, if you are looking for an ultimate tool that lets you manage all of your phone screen activity and other parental controls in a single place, FamiSafe is the one to go with.
FamiSafe is one of the best parental control apps that let you control screen time, track real-time location and detect inappropriate content on your Xiaomi device. It let you track the details of your kid’s app usage. You can easily manage how much time your kids can spend on their devices. You can set smart schedules, block inappropriate social media or gaming apps. It comes with some of the following features to limit screen time.
- Know the Screen usage: FamiSafe lets you get details of a kid's screen time remotely. It lets you know how much time your kid spends on devices per day, week, or month. It also lets you know how much time is spent on a specific app. Apart from this, you can also know the most used apps and the period in which the phone has been used most.
- Apply Screen Time Restriction: You can manually and remotely block or unblock devices to get more off-time screens. FamiSafe lets you set up daily or recurring screen time limits to restrict phone usage. Apart from this, you can also customize the blocked app list to whitelist certain apps during the lockdown.
- Cultivate Good Digital Habit: You can easily schedule to block chosen apps or devices at any specific day period. You can also set screen time restrictions around specific places. Apart from this, you can set the schedule to repeat on a specific or chosen date.
Apart from this, it comes with an app blocker that provides you with some following features.
- Stay away from age-restricted apps: You can lock apps by age rating. You can block or restrict specific threatening apps. This is so because FamiSafe apps are classified by age. It provides you with one step to lock all apps that are not suitable for your kids.
- Stay away from distraction: With Famisafe, you can check the app usage of your kid’s devices. You can also block entertainment apps during study or bedtime. You can easily customize the list of blocked apps and that too for specific schedules. You can also restrict the usage of chosen apps for various occasions. Apart from this, you can decide for how long you want restrictions on an app.
- Stay away from Digital Addiction: Famisafe lets you record your Kids app usage. You can lock some inappropriate apps on a kid’s device. It sends you an instant warning whenever your kid tries to open the blocked app. You can also set a smart schedule for restricted apps.
Well, here is how you can use this parental control app by following some simple steps.
Download and install the FamiSafe app on your and your kid’s Xiaomi device from the Google Play store.
Now, you have to create a membership FamiSafe account on your device. You have to create it using a parent identity.
Now, sign in with your account credentials on your kid’s device. Now click on “Enable Now”. Once done, provide access to all features and services.
Once you are connected to your Kid’s device, you will be able to see the primary dashboard—select “Screen Time” to continue.
Now, you can easily set the screen time limit as per your need. This will limit the use of apps and devices. You or your kid will not be able to access the device during the set time.
Part 3: Parental Control Tips
Famisafe allows you to limit screen time and other phone activities like games, social media, etc. One of the most reliable parental control apps lets you set up daily or recurring screen time limits to restrict phone usage.
FamiSafe can let you manage up to 30 devices and cross-platform. It comes with various parental control features. You can use these features in the form of tips to restrict phone usage for your kids.
- Real-time Location to track a kid’s location
- Location History to check a kid’s location history by timeline
- GeoFences to create specific zones
- Activity Report to monitor device activity
- Smart Schedule to set screen time around specific locations
- App Blocker to block specific apps
- Web Filter to block websites by categories
- Browser History (Even Android private or incognito browsing history)
- YouTube Monitor to detect inappropriate videos. You can also block certain YouTube videos or channels.
- Explicit Content Detection for monitoring suspicious texts on social media and SMS. You can even detect suspicious photos that are inappropriate for your kid.
Apart from this, there are some more parental control tips for you.
- The best thing that you can do is to prepare a gadget-free environment. Use gadgets only when there is a need to do so.
- It is good to keep your kid’s room screen-free as many watch TV and play games in a kid's presence. This makes them addicted.
- It is good to take your kid outside in a park, track, or other hiking sites nearby. This will let your kid experience the environment. This will also reduce the chances of spending time on screen.
- Encourage your kids to spend less screen time on Xiaomi. Deal with them wisely, and they will follow you.
When it comes to MIUI 12 screen time or Xiaomi screen time, you can easily set it using the Digital Wellbeing & parental controls feature in your Xiaomi phone. This is an inbuilt tool that provides you with various parental control features. But if you are looking for some more FamiSafe parental control apps are the best option to go with. It provides you with all at a single platform.