Pic Hide App Review: Things Parents May Never Know
Pic Hide App Review
This has happened to everyone! You give your phone to someone, a friend, family member or maybe a stranger at next to you, for them to see a cute photo of a cat or dog and they started sipping. Then, the nosy individual goes a little further and BAM! They land on a picture they were never indented to see. This is why hide pic apps were created
So what is a hide pic app?
Hide pic app is an application that is created to hide specific photos on devices. The applications are programs to help users keep their photos from preying third parties eyes. Initially, people used to delete pictures, especially, nudes they did not want other people to see. However, technology has made it much easier for people, to keep their secrets, where they belong, in Secret! The app hides the photos through passwords, pins or patterns, making it hard for people to snoop around.
Why teens use the app to hide pic
Hide pic apps are very popular among teenagers. Here is why:
- Over baring parent
The love for privacy among teenagers has caused them to take various measures. One includes using applications like hiding pic apps to stop their parents from snooping around. No one wants to have their parents going through their stuff. For this reason, teens result in using privacy applications to keep their parents out.
While this might not be common among many kids, some use hide pic apps because their parents are always looking into their activities. This is not wrong. However, when the parent does this more than the child can bear, the kid results in security measures that will keep their parent out of their business.
Many kids that form the teen community tend to use their devices for sexting with their girlfriends or boyfriends. They go as far as taking nudes to send to the other party. At times, they forget to delete these photos, which parents eventually find. Some love the picture too much and decide not to remove them. To avoid getting into trouble, these teens turn to apps that hide photos.
Like all good things, hide pic apps come with disadvantages. These apps encourage teens to get into pornography, drug use and at times, teen pregnancy. By encouraging secrecy, these apps increase changes of predators preying on innocent children who should have known better. Some end up having their photos put on the internet because they trusted the wrong people.
Top 5 popular apps to hide pic
There many pic apps available online. Some are effective while others do not hold up to their name. It is essential to check on review and see whether the app is worth downloading. Here are a few applications complied by Mashable that could do the job:
1. Best Secret Folder
The hiding app is the perfect disguise since its icon looks like plica utility folders fooling third parties. It is password protected and can let users' record photos and videos direct to the secret folder.
2. Keepsafe Photo Vault
This application has military-grade encryption. It has an added layer of protection that prevents it from appearing on your "Recently Used" apps list. One is only able to access the app using a pattern, pin or fingerprint. Additionally, the app is designed to lock itself when the phone is faced down.
3. Secret Calculator
This is an exciting app and ideal for keeping your files secret. The app looks like a calculator making it impossible for people to find your photos. Notably, the app also allows users to lock individual photos and albums. T is password protect, and it can also use touch Id for maximum protection.
4. LockMyPix Photo Vault
The app is backed by military-grade AES encryption standard, locking your files behind a PIN or pattern. The vault, allows a user to pick and instantly hide any photo or video.
5. Private Zone
This application does more than just hiding photos. It offers many security features for people obsesses with privacy. In addition to hiding photos, the app provides free private VPN service, custom lock screen app, phone anti-theft features, harassment/ spam call intercept, boost – ram manager and other privacy controls.
How to find hidden pic?
Now that you know a little on hiding pic apps and what they can do, you probably want to check whether your kid's phone has one. There are many ways to check for hiding pic apps. Here are a few helpful tips:
- Search for Hidden Apps
This is an easy step. Hopefully, your child's device is not password protected. The best place to search would be the App store on the device. When you open this platform, you will have to type in "vault app" or "hide photos" or "secret app" on the search button. The platform will give you a list of available apps. From the list, if you see any that has "OPEN" next to them, you automatically know that your kid has already installed them on their device.
You can try accessing the apps. You might be lucky and find your child forgot to put a password allowing you access to the photos.
- Direct approach
This might sound like a stretch, but it is worth trying. You can talk with your teen and explain about hide pic apps, their benefits and especially dangers. Have them understand why they should share access to their devices.
Having this talk will help them better understand the consequences and hopefully share access with you. The direct approach will only be useful if you have a better communication channel with your kids. If not, you can use parental control apps like FamiSafe.
FamiSafe is a parental control application created by WonderShare to help parents help many monitor their kid's activities. The app has many features, including location tracking, cyberbullying prevention, web filtering, screen time control, and much more.
FamiSafe is the best parental control app available. One of its features, app block, helps parents to block distractive applications during certain times like study time or sleeping time. It also allows them to block applications that might be harmful to the child. FamiSafe, is quite useful since it gives parents notifications when the child tries to click on the "blocked" app. the app is compatible with all major android phones and tablets, iPhone/iPod/iPad; iOS 9.x, 10.x and above
As a parent, before using the app. you need to talk to your kid and have them understand why you are taking this parental control measures.
It is the responsibility of ever y parent to ensure their kid stays safe even if it means protecting them from themselves. At times, they might think they understand the actions they have taken. However, protecting them will help you sleep better at night. In addition, you will avoid extreme situations like becoming sex addicts or sharing nude photos of themselves that might end up on the internet. There so much one can do as a parent. However, understanding security features like hiding pic apps will go a long way into helping your kid make the correct decision. Lastly, unknowing more about these technologies gives you a clear direction on which actions you can take as a parent.
- App Blocker
- Pop up Blocker App for Google Chrome
- Text Message Blocker Apps for Android and iPhone
- Best ad blockers for iPhone and iPad
- The Best App Blocker and Parental Control for iPhone
- The Best App Blocker and Parental Control for Android
- Mac App Blocker Protects Your Apps
- Best Call Blocker App for Android
- Call Blocker Apps for iPhone
- 5 Best Call Blocker Apps for Android and iOS
- Best Porn Blocker App for Parents
- Block Text Messages on Android
- Best Free Call Block Apps for Android
- The Best Website Blocker Apps for Studing
- 5 Best Ad Blocer Apps for Android
- Block a Number on Your Phone
- Block Facebook App on Cell Phone
- Block ads on Youtube for Android
- Mobile Tracker
- 5 Ways to Track A Phone
- Top 10 Best Mobile Location Tracker
- Top 10 Car Tracker You Need to Know
- Top 10 Tracking Devices & Apps for Kids
- Top 10 Child Tracking Devices Parents Need to Know
- 3 Ways to Track Mobile Location
- Top 10 iPhone Tracker in 2018
- 5 Ways to Track A Cell Phone Location for Free
- Top 10 Mobile Tracker App & Services to Track A Phone
- Top 10 GPS Tracker for Kids
- Top 10 iPhone Monitoring Software Parents Need to Know
- 10 Best Free Android Monitoring Apps to Monitor Your Kids
- 10 Best Phone Monitoring Apps Parents Can't Miss
- Monitor Phone Activity on Andriod and iPhone
- Top 10 GPS Phone Trackers for Parents
- Top 10 Free Mobile Trackers You Can't-Miss!
- Top 10 Android Tracking App You Need to Know
- Child Monitoring
- Monitoring Tips
- Turn Your iPhone into a Baby Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into an iPhone Heart Reate Monitor
- Turn Your iPhone into a Blood Pressure Monitor
- Monitor Text Messages on iPhone
- Best Parental Control Apps to Monitor Your Kid's iPhone
- The Best 5 iPhone Monitoring Apps without Jailbreak for Parents
- Monitor Data Usage on iPhone
- The Best iPhone Monitoring Software for Parents
- 5 Best Sleep Tracking Apps for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Best Parental Control to Monitor Kid's iPhone
- How Much Time Your Kids Waste on iPhone
- Best Android Heart Rate Monitor Apps
- Best Baby Monitor Apps for Android
- Best Monitoring Apps for Android 2018
- 5 Smart Blood Pressure Monitors That Connect to Android
- Android Battery Monitor - What's Draining Your Android Battery?
- Best 10 Network Monitoring Apps for Android
- Monitor Text Messages on Android