Kids Zone Parental Control Review – Pros, Cons, and Alternative
Kids these days are so quick to pick up anything interesting they observe. With all these 21st century advancements in technologies and mobile phones or tablets in use of almost every individual, it is really hard to prevent the little ones from indulging in these gadgets. Of course, you cannot deprive the kids of all the modern advancements or else they would not be able to cope up with this rapidly growing world! The only solution for safe use of mobile phones and tablets now is to put a lock onto your phone (or the phone you let your kids use). One such app to let you put a lock on phones is Kids Zone Parental Control. Scroll below till the end to see how this app works and our final verdict about this app.
Kids Zone Parental Control
Kids Control Parental Control app is a product of Out of the Park Apps that is available on Google Play Store for Free to download. It is specifically designed for parents and guardians to put a lock on phones and make it childproof by only allowing a limited number of apps to be run on the phone. This way you can stay tension free and get relief from what the child might be at.
Cost of Kids Zone
Kids Zone app is free to download from Google Play Store and is compatible with most of the android devices available.
Features of Kids Zone
The aim of Kids Zone is to make the phone childproof by putting a lock on it, however, there are some other added features as well to make the app a better experience. The app seems to be promising as taking a look at the features of this app. The features are as follows:
- It lets you put a screen time so that the children are unable to use the phone after the time starts.
- It blocks all sorts of purchases; in-app or on Google Play so next time you give your little one your phone, you won't be facing an empty wallet!
- It restricts from sending any text or making any calls unless otherwise, you opt for it exceptionally
- Restricts children from accessing the internet
- Doesn't let your kids read device notifications
- Doesn't let your kids use Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram or any other social media
- This app forbids any app to be uninstalled from the phone
- This app spontaneously reloads games and other apps for kids
- Kids Zone also protects any contact information or settings on phone from being changed
- Also hides your personal stuff away from your child's eyes
Along with these wonderful features, this app also offers other unique features as well
- You can create unlimited children's app profiles for every child or based on the app type
- Shows a countdown timer so the kids can see how much screen time is left for them to use
- Each profile can be personalized with your child's favorite wallpapers
- In case of a call, the parents can use the quick unlock feature during the lock mode
Once the kid's lock is activated, the app starts monitoring every second. It keeps an eye on the child's app usage. If the allowed apps try to install other apps on the phone, it instantly blocks it. Kids are unable to make any phone call or send any of those embarrassing text messages to your family, friends, or your boss. Since this app also blocks any purchases to be made, you don't have to be anxious about your wallet getting empty with all those useless Google Play Store and in-app purchases your child makes when they play their favorite game and run out of enough coins to unlock that amazing crown for their sim!
Pros and Cons of Kids Zone App
While this app seems to be really effective and promising, it sure does have some negative sides as well. First, let's look at the pros of the app:
Pros of Kids Zone
- Great way to childproof the phone
- App lock to refrain kids from using any inappropriate app
- Screen timeout so kids use the phone for a limited time only
- Restricts kids from getting into any malicious activity
The negative side of the app weighs it really down over its functionality, however. The cons of this apps are:
Cons of Kids Zone
- Only available on android
- Does not let you locate your child
- You cannot track what your child is up to on the phone
- Does not let you activate the kids lock automatically
There are a lot more features missing in this app that any concerned parent or guardian might be looking into such as locating your child or being able to track what your kid is up to transparently. There are, however, other alternatives available that are way much better and functional. One such app that lets you track and do more with your phone is FamiSafe.
FamiSafe-The best alternative to Kids Zone Parental Control
FamiSafe is an effective parental control app that is available on both the Play Store and App Store. It aids you to keep track of all your kids' activities. This powerful app keeps you informed about your child's activities and whereabouts. You can block apps, put a time limit on games, or even activate the parental lock on any specific time or place! Long story short, this app is an all-rounder for parents and guardians.
Features of FamiSafe Parental Control apps
- Real-time location tracking:
Unlike Kids Zone, FamiSafe allows you to track your kid's location
You can geo-fence as many locations as you wish and you will be notified every time the kid(s) wander around the virtual fence
- Location history:
FamiSafe lets you view your kid's location with details such as date and time of the visit
- App Blocker:
Lets you block any app you find inappropriate
- Activity Monitor:
You can monitor your child's activity through your phone anytime
- Content Filter:
FamiSafe lets you filter any inappropriate content from your child's phone
- Web Browser Monitoring:
Choose and monitor what your child sees and which websites your child can browse on their phone.
- Screen time tracking and control:
Put screen time on your child's phone and limit their phone usage
- Flexible remote control:
Choose when to automatically activate parent controls on your child's phone and at what places Childproofing the phone is not the only solution for a better digital parenting, neither is blocking and depriving the kids of using social media or other apps. Instead, there should be a better way to let the kids know the difference between right and wrong and how to use the apps in the right way and decide for themselves. While parents and guardians on another hand could monitor how their kid is utilizing the app. FamiSafe offers maximum control and transparent child tracking to parents. The app is free of cost to download and an absolute must-have for every concerned parent. Give FamiSafe a try today!