Qustodio Parental Control Review and Its Alternative
- FamiSafe Alternatives
- Sprint parental controls
- Alternatives for TikTok
- Bark parental control review
- Kidslox parental control review
- Alternatives for Google Family Link
- Safe family parental control review
- Roblox parental review
- Ourpact parental control gps family locator
- Secureteen parental control
- Alternatives for Discord
- MMGuardian review - pros, cons and alternative
- Secureteen parental control
- Monitoring Apps
- Use Parental Control for Your Kids
The parents try to keep their kids safe from all the potential dangers of the world. But one of the greatest dangers of the world nowadays is in their hands already. It is the technology that is having a negative impact on the kids cutting them off from their family and attracting them to live an anti-social life in the real world. That’s why parental control is considered an important tool for the improvement in the situation that the parents are facing with their kids.
Click here to see 5 major differences between Bark and Qustodio.
Qustodio Parental Control
The Qustodio Parental Control app is termed as one of the apps which help families to keep their kids supervised and safe. This app offers multiple features for parental control, some of them are mentioned below:
- In-depth reports: the app provides a complete and in-depth report of the daily activity of the kids via email. The parents can also opt for a weekly report. They will get a summary of the daily activities of the kids over the phone.
- Web filtering: The app has a list of unsuitable website that is unfit for the kids and includes websites such as Drugs, Gambling, Porn, Violence, and some other websites. The Qustodio Parental Control app offers browser-independent filtering; hence the kids won’t be able to access the content just because they installed a new browser on their phone. The restriction will be applicable to all browsers.
- Time usage Limits: The parents can define a particular time schedule on a weekly basis for the kids in which they are allowed to use their devices freely.
- Social Monitoring: The app had a dedicated monitoring tab for Facebook activities.
- Location Reporting: This feature allows the users to check the location of the kids as often as possible.
- It provides more granular control over the phones.
- It has an easy-to-use and manages interface.
- The app can manage multiple users.
- It can specify limits on every individual app.
- It provides a very detailed log of calls and texts.
- It doesn’t offer the Geofencing feature.
- Web filtering isn’t that effective.
- The tracking of the social media activity sometimes shows an error.
- For some access, the parents have to come upfront with their kids about their intention of monitoring their phone activities.
Cost: The free version of the app is also amazing and hence some users prefer to use the free version. The main limitation of the free version is that it can only track one device at a time. The paid version of the app can monitor up to 5 to 15 devices at the same time. There are 3 plans available which cost $54.95 for 5 devices, $96.95 for 10 devices, and $137.95 for 15 devices. The payment of the app is done on a yearly basis.
Alternative to Qustodio Parental Control
The main feature lacking in the Qustodio Parental Control app is the Geofences feature. The Geofences are very helpful as it determines the fence which is safe for the kids and create a boundary for the kids in which they will be safe.
Another feature that must be added is the notification system. The app can only send notifications via email which can easily get ignored by the parents. The app needs to send the notification via text message also.
The gaming Control is also not provided in the app. so the parents can’t disable the gaming apps on their kid's phone.
FamiSafe - The Best Alternative to Qustodio Parental Control
The FamiSafe app is specially designed to combine all the features required for effective parental control. It is a complete parenting solution that enables the parents to keep a track of the kids and monitor their day-to-day activities.
Features for Parental control:
- Real-Time Location Tracking and History: This feature allows the parents to get the real-time location of the kids during any time of the day. It gives an exact and live location of the kids so that the parents can track their whereabouts easily. The location history of the kids is also stored in the app so that the parents can have a check on the places visited by the kids and can guide them to stay away from unsafe places.
- Geofences: The Geofences allows the parents to set a parameter for the kid which is termed as the safe zone for the kids. Every time the kid enter or exit from that safe zone, the parents will get a notification or an alert on their phone. In this way, the parents will be able to keep an eye on the location of the kid.
- Web content filtering: It is important that the parents check what kind of content is accessed by the kids online. There are various websites that contain inappropriate content for kids. This content can be accessed intentionally or by mistake. But in both cases, content filtering comes up as the solution to the issue. This feature will filter the websites which do not contain good content and also filter wrong content on some websites leaving out the other content information.
- Screen time control: Screen Time Control will tell the parents how often the kids use their phones during the complete day. It will allow the parents to put a time limit so that the kids won’t be able to use their phones at school, in bed, or at the dining table. The screen time control will prevent the usage of 3rd party apps, browsers, and some other features of the phone.
- App monitoring: This feature allows the parents to use the parental control app for monitoring all the apps that are installed on the kid’s device. The parents can keep a track of the apps which are installed or uninstalled from the kid’s device.
- App blocking: With the help of this feature, parents can block certain apps to prevent their kids from getting addicted to gaming apps or social media apps. It will surely limit their app usage.
- Flexible Remote Control and personalization setting: This is a special feature that allows the parents to use one feature along with the other at the same time. for example, you can combine the Geofences setting with screen time control.
Qustodio’s ability to manage multiple devices with different platforms is unmatched and makes it a worthwhile app for parental control. But the Qustodio parental control app fails to provide some additional features. In this situation, the FamiSafe Parental Control acts as the perfect solution. It is recommended by many users for parental control. You can easily download the app from the app store or Google play store and take the advantage of the astounding features of FamiSafe.