Qustodio Parental Control Review
Part 1: Introduction:
The parents try to keep their kids safe from all the potential dangers of the world. But one of the greatest dangers of the world nowadays is in their hands already. It is the technology that is having a negative impact on the kids cutting them off from their family and attracting them to live an anti-social life in the real world. That’s why parental control is considered as an important tool for the improvement in the situation that the parents are facing with their kids.
Part 2: Qustodio Parental Control:
The Qustodio Parental Control app is termed as one of the apps which helps the families to keep the kids supervised and safe. This app offers multiple features for parental control, some of them are mentioned below:
- In-depth reports: the app provides a complete and in-depth report of the daily activity of the kids via email. The parents can also opt for a weekly report. They will get a summary of the daily activities of the kids over the phone.
- Web filtering: The app has a list of unsuitable website that is unfit for the kids and includes websites such as Drugs, Gambling, Porn, Violence and some other websites. The Qustodio Parental Control app offers a browser independent filtering; hence the kids won’t be able to access the content just because they installed a new browser on their phone. The restriction will be applicable to all the browsers.
- Time usage Limits: The parents can define a particular time schedule on a weekly basis for the kids in which they are allowed to use their devices freely.
- Social Monitoring: The app had a dedicated monitoring tab for Facebook activities.
- Location Reporting: This feature allows the users to check the location of the kids as often as possible.
- It provides a more granular control over the phones.
- It has an easy to use and manage interface.
- The app can manage multiple users.
- It can specify limits on every individual app.
- It provides a very detailed log of calls and texts.
- It doesn’t offer the Geofencing feature.
- The web filtering isn’t that much effective.
- The tracking of the social media activity sometimes shows an error.
- For some access, the parents have to come up front with their kids about their intention of monitoring their phone activities.
Cost: The free version of the app is also amazing and hence some users prefer to use the free version. The main limitation of the free version is that it can only track one device at a time. The paid version of the app can monitor up to 5 to 15 devices at the same time. There are 3 plans available which cost $54.95 for 5 devices, $96.95 for 10 devices, and $137.95 for 15 devices. The payment of the app is done on a yearly basis.
Part 3: What Qustodio Parental Control can't do, but parents need the features?
The main feature lacking in the Qustodio Parental Control app is the Geofences feature. The Geofences are very helpful as it determines the fence which is safe for the kids and creates a boundary for the kids in which they will be safe.
Another feature that must be added is the notification system. The app can only send notification via email which can easily get ignored by the parents. The app needs to send the notification via text message also.
The gaming Control is also not provided in the app. so the parents can’t disable the gaming apps on their kid's phone.
Part 4: FamiSafe - The Best Alternative to Qustodio Parental Control
The FamiSafe app is specially designed to combine all the features required for an effective parental control. It is a complete parenting solution that enables the parents to keep a track of the kids and monitor their day to day activities.
Features for Parental control:
- Real Time Location Tracking and History: This feature allows the parents to get the real-time location of the kids during any time of the day. It gives an exact and live location of the kids so that the parents can track their whereabouts easily. The location history of the kids is also stored in the app so that the parents can have a check on the places visited by the kids and can guide them to stay away from unsafe places.
- Geofences: The Geofences allows the parents to set a parameter for the kid which is termed as the safe zone for the kids. Every time the kid enter or exit from that safe zone, the parents will get a notification or an alert on their phone. In this way, the parents will be able to keep an eye on the location of the kid.
- Web content filtering: It is important that the parents check what kind of content is accessed by the kids online. There are various websites which contain inappropriate content for the kids. This content can be accessed intentionally or by mistake. But in both the cases, the content filtering comes up as the solution to the issue. This feature will filter the websites which do not contain good content and also filter wrong content on some websites leaving out the other content information.
- Screen time control: The Screen Time Control will tell the parents how often the kids use their phone during the complete day. It will allow the parents to put a time limit so that the kids won’t be able to use their phone at school, in bed or at the dining table. The screen time control will prevent the usage of 3rd party apps, browsers, and some other features of the phone.
- App monitoring: This feature allows the parents to use the parental control app for monitoring all the apps that are installed on the kid’s device. The parents can keep a track of the apps which are installed or uninstalled from the kid’s device.
- App blocking: With the help of this feature, the parents can block certain apps to prevent their kids from getting addicted to gaming apps or social media apps. It will surely limit their app usage.
- Flexible Remote Control and personalization setting: This is a special feature which allows the parents to use one feature along with the other at the same time. for example, you can combine the Geofences setting with screen time control.
Part 5: Conclusion:
Qustodio’s ability to manage multiple devices with different platforms is unmatched and makes it a worthwhile app for parental control. But the Qustodio parental control app fails to provide some additional features. In this situation, the FamiSafe Parental Control acts as the perfect solution. It is recommended by many users for parental control. You can easily download the app from the app store or Google play store and take the advantages of the astounding features of FamiSafe.
- Parental Controls
- 1.1 Baby Monitor
- 1.2 Monitor Child's iPhone
- 1.3 Check Private Browsing History on Android
- 1.4 Check Your Child's Online Web Browser History
- 1.5 Free Parental Control Apps for Android
- 1.6 Best Parental Control Apps
- 1.7 Set Parental Control on YouTube
- 1.8 Best iOS Parental Control Apps
- 1.9 iPhone Spyware Detection and Removal
- 1.10 Parental Control Apps for Cell Phone Monitoring
- 1.11 Parental Control Routers
- 1.12 Snapchat Parental Control
- Mobile Tracker
- 2.1 Android GPS Tracking Apps
- 2.2 Child GPS Tracking Devices
- 2.3 GPS Tracking Device for Kids
- 2.4 Find Someone's Location on Facebook
- 2.5 See someone’s Location on iPhone
- 2.6 How to Track a Phone Number
- 2.7 Cell Phone Tracker by Number
- 2.8 Best GPS Phone Tracker
- 2.9 Find Real Time Location of a Mobile Phone
- 2.10 Find Your Lost Android Phone
- 2.11 Share Location Between iPhone and Android
- 2.12 Track a Cell Phone Location for Free
- 2.13 Track A Person's Location
- 2.14 How to Track Your Kid's iPhone
- 2.15 If Your Phone is Being Monitored?
- 2.16 How Do I Stop Someone Tracking My iPhone?
- 2.17 Which Websites Are Visited?
- Block Apps & Sites
- 3.1 Best Ad Blocker Apps
- 3.2 Porn Blocker App to Block Porn
- 3.3 Block Porn on Android
- 3.4 Block a Phone Number on iPhone
- 3.5 Block Porn on iPhone
- 3.6 How to Block Porn Sites
- 3.7 Block Websites on Android Phone
- 3.8 Block Text Messages on Android and iPhone
- 3.9 Block Websites on Android Chrome
- 3.10 Porn Blocking Apps for Parents
- 3.11 Free website blocker apps and chrome extension