How to Block Websites on Android Chrome
block websites on android
There are many reasons why we would like to block a particular website. Moreover, you probably know how to control your internet browsing, but other people do not, especially children. On the Internet you can find all kinds of web pages that spread viruses, malware or simply show content not appropriate for certain users so, in reality, it would be best to restrict their access to the security of your device and of course, the family. Blocking a website is not complicated thanks to a large number of current tools and today we show you how to block websites on Android.
5 Methods to block websites on Android Chrome
The growing number of online services and access to the Internet has added a new dimension to the use of the modern computer. Through the "modem" of the computer and a telephone line, children have access to an infinite amount of information and have the opportunity for interaction. However, there may be real risks and dangers for the child who does not have supervision.
New ways of communicating have given rise to new risks or forms of harassment with a fatal impact. The sexting or exchange of photographs or videos with erotic content among the young people themselves with which they later go on to extort themselves, causing important psychological damage. On the other hand, there is what is known as cyberbullying, or harassment between minors that on the Internet because of its global nature, it is a scope that can end up generating a lot of damage not only at least but also to your family and friends.
Following the 5 methods given below you can block websites on Android Chrome successfully:
The ES File Explorer method has now become one of the best ways available to block websites on Android mobile phone. You will need a text editor and a file manager to block websites through host files. The following steps will lead you how to block websites on Android:
Step 1: First, you must download ES File Explorer from the Google App Store. On the contrary, install the application and start the web filtering process!
Step 2: Open the ES File Explorer and click on the "/" button. On the contrary, you must select "System" and then "etc".
Step 3: Now, tap the "hosts" file, click on 3 vertical dots at the bottom of the screen, select Open as -> Text -> Note Editor ES -> Edit.
Step 4: In the ES Notes Editor, you must redirect the DNS. To achieve this, you must write a new line: "127.0.0.1 www. <Blockedwebsite> .com".
To activate the modified settings, you must restart the Android device. This will reorganize the Android device with the transformed settings and make certain that nobody can entree incongruous websites on the phone.
Now, we are going to depict the Safe Browser as the second best method to block websites on chrome. It has the capacity to monitor all of your browser activities.
Step 1: First of all, you need to install the Safe Browser on your Android phone. Then, open the home screen. Pick the menu and then Admin. For the verification purpose, you are allowed selecting the password.
Step 2: At this moment, open the website that you are going to block and select the option "More" you will see at the bottom of the right corner.
Step 3: The “Add blacklist” option will be appeared and click it. A message will be sent to inform of website blocking.
Step 4: Now you can exit from the admin if everything is done.
Kaspersky, launches a new application for Android phones, with Parental control, which will control minors when they surf the Internet, controlling also the applications that run. In the application, it will allow parents to make different configurations, so that they control the content their children access, both on the internet and in applications. This is how you can block websites on Android using the Parental Control option of Kaspersky Internet Security 2018:
Step 1: From the main window, go to Parental Control.
Step 2: Select the child's profile, activate the tool and click on Configure restrictions.
Step 3: Select Internet in the panel on the left and then click Add exclusions in the main window.
Step 4: Click Add to add a website or specific pages and choose between Allow or Block. Both options are compatible with category filters.
You can add, delete and modify the parental control settings according to your needs and remember: the best method is always the active supervision of the parents.
In Android, you can download an antivirus program that also comes with website blocking capabilities. Here, we are going to use the Trend Micro antivirus program. Trend Micro is a security company with a good reputation and is responsible for many other security applications. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Download the application on your Android phone and launch it. On the main menu, touch "Safe Browsing" and on the next page touch the button next to "Parental Control".
Step 2: You will be taken to another page, then touch the "Set an account" option at the bottom of the screen to create your account. On the next page, touch "Create an account", and provide the details required to create the account.
Step 3: Now, touch the button next to the "Parental Control" option and provide the password you chose for the account you just created and touch "OK". The parental controls will be active and now you will be able to block websites.
Step 4: Tap "Blocked List" on the same page and on the next page, tap "Add".
Step 5: In "Add" you can provide the address of the website you want to block. Enter the address under the heading "Website:" and touch "Save." The website has now been blocked and when they try to access it will show that Trend Micro has blocked it.
If you have an Android mobile you will have to use an external application to block websites on chrome, in this case, we recommend installing the BlockSite version for Android in the form of an app. BlockSite has the right thing, is clear in its operation, occupies less space and is perfectly designed.
Step 1: Once the application is installed on your mobile phone, you will be given the permissions requested and the application will start. You will see that you see an image like the following and the option to block your first website or application by clicking on the + from the bottom.
Step 2: Then add the web or websites you want to block. You also have the option, on the other tab, to block applications in the same way you would with a web.
Step 3: As you can see, it is also possible to block applications and websites temporarily, selecting schedules and days by clicking on the clock icon. You can activate the Block Adult Websites tab to block adult content. You also have the option to edit the blocked web by clicking on the pencil icon and finally remove the app's lock by clicking on the trash can icon. Finally, in the lower right on the +, you can add more sites to block.
Step 4: Now every time you try to access a blocked site you will see an image like the one below that tells you that the website has been blocked by BlockSite.
Step 5: And these are therefore the two options that I recommend to block websites in Google Chrome, either on the PC or from an Android mobile phone. In both cases, the operation is very simple and intuitive.
How to block websites on Android using FamiSafe?
FamiSafe is also a great tool to block websites on Android of your child. It allows us to remotely block usage to Android devices. It can check your kid’s Web History, Browsing Frequency, Website URLs, and Time & Date Stamps mostly. The application also allows restricting the use of applications of your child device in addition to restricting access to websites.
If you want to protect your kids from getting addicted to adult websites by regularly monitoring their browsing history and number of times they visit those sites, then FamiSafe will be the best option to choose for you. It could help you block websites on kid's cell phone.
- Block websites
- Check Browser History
- Track Text Messages
- Browse Contacts
- Track GPS Location
- Real-Time Screenshots
A mobile parental control software like FamiSafe is in some ways a mobile phone spy software, allowing you to secure your family and your children including on the Internet and on the smartphone. This solution can be adapted to the age and maturity of your children, letting you choose what is blocked and what is not. Configuring this FamiSafe is done in a simple way to block websites on chrome from a web interface, and helps protect your teenagers from the dangers of the web.
- Parental Controls
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPhone
- How to Put a Parental Block on Android
- How to Put a Parental Block on iPad
- How to Block Apps on iPhone
- How to Block Facebook Apps
- How to Block Apps on iPad
- How to Block Whatspp on Kid's Phone
- How to Block People on WhatsApp
- How to Block or Unblock WhatsApp Contacts on iPhone
- How to Know If Someone Blocked You on WhatsApp
- What Happens When You Block Someone on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Number on Whatsapp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- Best Parental Control App to Lock Your Kid's Smartphone
- How to Lock Your Kids Phones or Tablets with FamiSafe Remotely
- Parental Controls Tips & Tricks
- 10 Parenting Tips to Calm Down Kids in a Minute
- 10 Parenting Tips to Deal With a Naughty Child
- 10 Types of Child Behavior That Are Dangerous to Ignore
- 10 Proven Ways to Stop Your Child from Lying
- 10 Important Things Your Child Should Learn by Age 10
- 10 Things Parents Should Never Do for Their Kids
- How To Answer the Most Difficult Children's Questions
- 18 Questions That Could Save Your Child’s Life
- If You Get This Message, Your Child Is in Danger
- 10 Things You Should Never Forbid Children from Doing
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Children
- 10 Habits That Can Ruin Both Parent's and Kids' Lives
- 6 Child Behavior Problems That Are Parents’ Fault
- 10 Basic Tips on How to Protect Your Child
- 10 PARENTING MISTAKES WE SHOULD AVOID
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Children Every Day
- 11 Phrases Every Child Needs to Hear from Parents
- 10 Things You Should Never Say to Teens
- 10 Things Every Dad Should Teach His Son
- Best Solutions to Help You Deal with Out of Control Kids
- How to Control Anger with Kids
- Teaching Your Children Self-Control
- Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
- Keep Your Kids Safe Online with These Tips
- FamiSafe Shares 10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe
- TeenSafe Drive - How to Set Speed Limit
- FamiSafe Alternative
- Kids Place Parental Control Review
- SecureTeen Parental Control Review
- Screen Time Parental Control Review
- Kids Zone Parental Control Review
- Launcher & Home screen for kids Review
- Kidslox Parental Control Review
- Qustodio Parental Control Review
- FamilyTime Parental Controls Review
- Heimdall Parental Control Review
- OurPact – Parental Control Review
- Parental Control Kroha. Doctor Komarovskiy Review
- SafeKiddo Parental Control Review
- Safe Family - Parental Control Review
- Norton Family Premier Review
- ESET Parental Control Review
- Net Nanny Review
- Lock2Learn Parental Control Review
- My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Review
- MMGuardian Review