My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control Reviews and Best Alternative
- FamiSafe Alternatives
- Sprint parental controls
- Bark parental control review
- Kidslox parental control review
- Alternatives for Google Family Link
- Safe family parental control review
- Roblox parental review
- Ourpact parental control gps family locator
- Secureteen parental control
- MMGuardian review - pros, cons and alternative
- Secureteen parental control
- Monitoring Apps
- Use Parental Control for Your Kids
In the era of the internet, protecting your children is a constant concern of all the parents around the globe. Along with the numerous benefits, the internet has brought a lot of perils, majorly for the teens and the pre-teens. Without any precincts on the internet, kids get access to the adult content of which they have no understanding. Since being with the kids is not always possible, it is of the utmost requirement that you guard them remotely. To help you achieve parental control, companies have up come with parental control apps.
My Mobile Watchdog Parental Control
It is one such parental control app that can help you to keep your child safe even when you are not around. By asking too many questions, you might make your child feel that you don't trust them.
Sure, your inquisitiveness is the outcome of your concern. However, at their age, it is tough for kids to understand their parent's anxiety. So, install My Mobile Watchdog your kid's handset to keep a constant watch on them and to get the answers to the unanswered questions.
Some of the interesting features:
- Keep track of the text message communications your child engage in. Block the messages which you feel contains anything uncouth.
- View the call log, and in case anyone from your blocked list tries to contact your child, get an immediate notification.
- Scan your child's contact list and set alerts for any contact that raises your doubt.
- If you observe that any app is distracting your child's attention during the exam times or bedtimes, you can temporarily block them.
- Get a comprehensive report of the phone usage. You can utilize the same for a productive discussion with your child and guide him with good mobile habits.
- You can study your child's browsing practice and block sites accordingly. If your child tries to access any blocked site, notification will be prompted on your mobile.
- Control your child's phone usage by restricting the phone usage during the specific time; might be during the study times and bedtimes.
- Using GPS can help you keep track of your child's location. It is important to ensure the safety of your child when he is outside. Through the location log, you will know all the locations your child has visited. You will be able to keep track of the last 99 locations visited by your child.
- Very suitable for more than one mobile. Can support up to 5 handsets.
- My Mobile Watchdog is suited for Android and iOS devices.
Some of the major challenges of My Mobile Watchdog:
- With the huge number of features, it at times might become tough for you to manage your dashboard and keep a proper track of the mobile usage activities.
- Navigation and customization of the app are complicated and takes a lot of practice.
- The filtering capabilities for blocking a webpage is not advanced. To block any content, you will have to block individual sites, which is not a foolproof solution.
- You don't have the geofencing feature available. Thus, if your teen or preteen enters into any forbidden area, you will not be alerted.
- My Mobile watchdog does not have the feature of monitoring the social media activities in your kid's mobile.
Monthly subscription fees are $14.99 per family (up to 5 devices).
FamiSafe Parental Monitoring App
With the perpetual technological enhancement, Wondershare has introduced the new age parental control app, FamiSafe. This app has been designed by keeping in mind all your prerequisites.
FamiSafe can be your best alternative to My Mobile Watchdog.
- Geofencing and current time location tracking is the need of the hour. While your kid is outside, it becomes very important to make sure that he doesn't venture into any restricted area. In some situations, an immediate alert is more required than a historical location log.
- It is very easy to navigate. In spite of having more features than My Mobile Watchdog, its easy to install the app and customize it as per requirement.
- You can filter the sites you want to block based on the content of the website. You need not know the websites' names or you need not block each site individually.
- Monitoring social media content is also possible with FamiSafe.
An app might be very helpful for you but if you cannot install it without expert help, then it will hold no meaning for you. Ideally, technology becomes more meaningful when besides resolving our issues it is easy to access. FamiSafe is one such parental control app. Let us look at some of its cutting edge features:
- Location tracking: Real-time location tracking enables you to know the exact location where your child is at present.
- Geofencing: Forbidden places always attracts kids. Curb your child's temptation of visiting such places by setting and monitoring geofences. Geofencing will send you an alert whenever your child is in any restricted area or beyond the permissible zone.
- Location history: It is not always possible to keep a real-time check on your child, do not worry, relax! You can refer to the location history and take future actions accordingly.
- Application Monitor: Use this feature to monitor the applications used and the duration of usage. If you find that a gaming app or any other app is becoming your child's addiction, then you can block it.
- Web monitoring: Track the web browsing pattern of your kid and be aware of any malicious online content that your child might get exposed to. Accordingly, you can educate your child about the internet and its vastness. Certain sites like porn are by default blocked in this app. If you feel the need of blocking any other site, you can do it with ease.
- Screen Time Report: Using this feature you can get a detailed report of the activities on your kid's mobile. Its preciseness will also provide you with the amount of time spent on each activity.
- Screen time limit: Set screen time limit when you feel your kid must stay away from the mobile. You can block his screen for the specific time limits like bedtime or homework time.
- Customize the settings as per your requirement, without any hassle.
- Works on both iOS or Android devices.
- The desktop version might be launched later.
- Monthly fees: US $9.99. With the 3-days trails period you can experience all the
The installation process is very simple. You need to just follow a few necessary steps:
On Your Mobile
Step 1: Download FamiSafefrom App Store or Google Play in both the mobiles (yours& your kid's).
Step 2: Register with a membership account in the kid's mobile and customize the settings.
Step 3: Connect your phone with kid's phone using the same FamiSafe account and create separate logging id in your phone.
Start monitoring and let your child be protected, after completing some necessary steps on your child's phone as well. We will take a look at that below.
On Your Kids Phone
Step 1- Login to your FamiSafe account as a kid and then enable permissions.
Step 2- Give the app usage access as requested.
Step 3- Allow any other Administrator Permissions as required, including giving access to locations.
That's all that you need to do! You can now connect to your child's device with your phone!
Want to know more? Visit: https://famisafe.wondershare.com/
You are bringing up kids in a technological era. They are smarter and technologically advanced than many of you. In no way can you stop them from using the internet, mostly because of the plethora of information it holds. However, it also exposes your kid to dangers and information that might be much beyond their ability to deal with.
Furthermore, to ensure your child's safety, a handset is a necessity. But, being informed about the kid's mobile usage pattern is tough at times.
To resolve such problems, go in for parental control apps.
The purpose of a parental phone monitoring application is to ensure your child's safety. It is not any stealth app installed on your child's phone. When you decide to install such an app, let your kids know first. Explain to them your concerns and the necessity of the app. If you have an open discussion with your child, he will understand you. Let your child know about online predators; explain to him the probable threats his simple activities like uploading a photo in social networking sites might come across.
After getting the consent of your beloved child, download FamiSafe from either Google Play or App Store. It has a 3 days trial period. Use it and judge for yourself.