The effects of social media on teens
effects of social media
- Social Media Monitoring
- Social Media Effect
Part 1: Introduction
Talking about the effects of social media gives awareness to kids and teens, and it is the right time for discussion. The social media brings positive and negative effects on kids and teens. If the kids make use of this platform for a constructive purpose, then it will result with growth. You can achieve progressive results with social media if the kids access them for less time. If the frequency of social media checks increases, then it will ultimately ruin the physical and mental well being of a kid and teen. In this article, you will learn about the positive and negative impact of social media. How the kids and parents are going to face the consequences of social media without any difficulty?
Part 2: Positive effects of social media
- Making friendship beyond boundaries: With the help of social media, you can talk to individuals worldwide. It is possible to meet people with the same frequency. This platform offers you the opportunity to connect globally.
- Be a part of interesting groups: You can either form groups or join as a member according to your interest. In this forum, the participants discuss the latest facts related to your area of interest.
- Best shopping place: You can shop at this platform at reasonable rates.
- Quick Communication: You can connect with friends and talk to them anywhere and anytime.
- Share files: This platform allows you to share files, images, and videos quickly without any data loss.
- Know about your friends: You can get all the information about your friends like their location, what they do, interest likes, etc.
- Update with technology: The kids and teens will be able to handle the latest technology without any difficulty.
- Encourage teamwork: The members of a group can plan for constructive works, which brings prosperity to the country.
- Learn and Explore: The kids and teens can make use of the social media platform to learn and explore new skills for their self-growth.
- Awareness: This social media platform gives you ample awareness about the threatening issues in society.
Part 3: Negative effects of social media
- Loss of concentration: The kids and teens will lose focus on their education.
- Depression: Frequent usage of social media leads to anxiety, depression and mental problems
- Cyberbullying: When making use of the social media platform, the kids and teens are highly prone to cyberbullying issues.
- FOMO: The Fear of Missing out is the form of anxiety prevails with kids and teens using social media often. It is the fear of missing something in your life. The kids and teens will feel that their friends have more fun than they do by viewing their posts on social media.
- Sleep disorders: When the kids look at the phone screen for long hours it will ultimately lead to the sleep disorder. They will find difficult to sleep at night and be awake for many hours before they go to sleep.
- Addiction: When the kids and teens frequently check their social media account, it leads to addiction. Initially, they use this platform for leisure time, but after a few months, it turns into an addiction.
- Fear of reality: The kids and teens spend most of their time in this virtual world. They will face fear, in reality, to communicate with people around them. This type of practice deprives face- to- face communication in the long run.
- Adult content and Porn: When the kids and teens share files with friends on this social media, there is a possibility to view the adult content and porn images unintentionally.
- Kills creativity: The kids and teens will gradually lose their creative thinking and become dependent on this social media. The innocent and creative mind of the kids loses its originality due to the excess usage of social media.
- Changes appetite: The eating habits of kids and teens will change if they are highly prone t social media platform.
Part 4: What can teens themselves do for social media
To overcome the effects of social media the teens must try for gadget-free hours in a day. They must follow the below ideas to get rid of the impact of social media.
- Spend more time on physical activities like playing favourite sports, walking with friends etc
- Improve your creativity by learning new skills
- Focus on academics
- Help your parents to complete their household works
- Set time limits to access social media platform
- Do not post unnecessarily on the social media walls
- When you find time communicate with your parents instead of wondering on the social media platform looking for virtual friends
- Develop interesting hobbies like gardening, painting, reading books etc in leisure time
Part 5: What can parents do for teens with FamiSafe?
The parents should make use of FamiSafe parental control app to safeguard the kids from the effects of social media. This app is a popular product from Wondershare, and it is compatible with Android and iOS platform. This tool is user-friendly, and you can handle it without any technical skills. To implement the built-in features on FamiSafe parental control tool you can get valuable guidance from the tutorials uploaded at its official website. Follow the guidelines carefully to enable the necessary feature on your kid’s smart phone.
The striking features of FamiSafe as follows
App block: You can block the social media apps in your kid’s gadget by accessing it remotely with the help of FamiSafe parental control tool. You can monitor the kid’s phone, and block it if it is inappropriate to them. This feature prevents the kids to access the social media platform. You can perform this blocking act remotely without the knowledge of kids.
Suspicious Text Detects: If your kid receives any suspicious text message on the social networking app then the FamiSafe will send you an immediate notification regarding this message. You should take the respective measure before it turns out to be cyberbullying. This feature is available on the app with the title ‘Explicit Content detection’ you can enable this option to activate it in your kid’s gadget.
Screen time control: With the help of FamiSafe app, you can set ‘Screen Time’ on your kid’s gadget. You can also set screen time for each social app on your kid’s phone and limit the access time. When the screen time expires, then the app or gadget locks automatically. You can set this feature for games, social media apps, and gadget etc
Part 6: Conclusion
Therefore, kids and teens should find optimum ways to overcome the effects of social media. The parents must install the FamiSafe tool immediately to save the kids from the impact of this dangerous platform. You have to provide proper awareness and use the FamiSafe app optimally to get rid of social media threats. As parents, you must react immediately, and be proactive to avoid mental health issues of kids and teens due to social media.