8 Best Steam Games for Kids to Learn and Relax 2024
Best steam games for kids
- Social App Review
- Best texting app for kids
- ChatGPT Detectors
- ChatGPT Examples
- TikTok App Review for Parents
- ChatGPT Impact on Education
- Discord App Review
- Jailbreak ChatGPT
- Age for TikTok
- Dangerous Live broadcasting apps
- PopJam App Review for Parents
- Is Funimation Safe?
- Random video chat app
- Stranger chat apps review
- Anonymous chat apps for Teens
- Bigo live app review
- What is Clubhouse App?
- Is Google hangouts safe?
- Game Review
- Best free game for Kindle Fire
- Top Minecraft Discord Servers
- LoL Wild Rift review
- App Review: What is Friday Night Funkin?
- Is Subway Surfers Safe? App Review
- Elden Ring Game Review
- Is Smule safe？
- 8 Best Discord Fortnite Servers to Join for Free
- Bitlife app review
- Is Minecraft good for kids？
- What is Overwatch?
- Other Reviews
There are many naysaying and criticism when it comes to learning via video games. Many people think playing video games is a waste of time and mind-rotting. However, some games can teach your kid well. Such video games can be found in a personal gaming library called Steam. The platform is a video game distribution service that is cloud-based and allows you to play games that you download or buy to your steam account.
There are a lot of steam games for kids that can teach them and also offer them the fun they crave. We have compiled the eight best steam games for kids to learn and relax this year. Read on to find out! (Here we've collected the best 8 mac games on steam that you may also be interested in.)
Top 8 Best Steam Games for Kids
Top 8 Best Steam Games for Kids
This kid steam game helps young people to learn about wildlife. The Wildlife Park games allow your child to start up and maintain the balance of his zoo. You will be the manager of the zoo, and select employees, attractions, and animals you want. A variety of wildlife options can be explored with the many expansion packs that this game features.
- Price:The game is available for purchase on Steam for $9.99 USD.
- Kids-Friendly:Wildlife Park Series is rated E for Everyone and is considered kid-friendly, with no graphic violence or inappropriate content. However, parental guidance is still recommended for younger children.
- Websites: https://store.steampowered.com/app/311840/Wildlife_Park/
Your kids can learn about space with this game. The Kerbal Space Program allows you to plan missions, create or engineer rockets, and launch them. You can travel to different planets on our solar system. Also, your kid can learn about the effect of physical forces on mass.
- Price:The game is available for purchase on Steam for $39.99.
- Kids-Friendly:The game is rated E for Everyone, making it a great option for kids and families to enjoy together.
- Websites: https://store.steampowered.com/app/220200/Kerbal_Space_Program/
A lot of research is being done on global warming today, and your kid can be a part of the study in this video game. A New Beginning shows that there is global warming, and the objective of the players is to find who and what is responsible. Your kid can solve the puzzles, but it will take critical thinking. A game like this can make your kid smarter.
- Price:The game is available on Steam for $9.99.
- Kids-Friendly:The steam game is appropriate for kids ages 10 and up, as it contains mild language and some mature themes related to climate change.
- Websites: https://store.steampowered.com/app/105000/A_New_Beginning__Final_Cut/
If you want your child to learn the basics of chemistry in an exciting and fun-filled way, the Sokobond is one of the best educational games on Steam. In this puzzle game, you will attach molecules with their correct bond to create chemical compounds. No doubt, this game can help your kid develop critical thinking skills.
- Price:It is available on Steam for $9.99.
- Kids-Friendly:The game is suitable for kids aged 8 and up as it has a simple and intuitive interface, and the puzzles gradually increase in difficulty.
- Websites: https://store.steampowered.com/app/290260/Sokobond/
This game will put the engineering skills of your kid to test and also develop them. The Poly Bridge allows you to put velocity, stress, and gravity to work as you construct structures for vehicles to cross. Also, you can play the challenges of other players, and this provides you with an endless level.
- Price:The game is available on Steam for $14.99 USD and offers a variety of levels, challenges, and game modes to keep players engaged.
- Kids-Friendly:Poly Bridge is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB, making it suitable for children and families.
- Websites: https://store.steampowered.com/app/367450/Poly_Bridge/
This game teaches your kid about history, geography, and politics as it focuses on the social relationships of real-life countries. It also helps the kids to develop strategies and critical thinking skills. Civilization Series allows you to control a country and then workout her rise to power through warfare., democracy, or any other way possible.
- Price:Prices for the game range from $20 to $60 depending on the edition and platform.
- Kids-Friendly:The game is rated E for Everyone, but it does contain some mild violence and references to historical events.
- Websites: https://store.steampowered.com/franchise/civilization
Your ward can start learning about what it takes to be the CEO of a company and make it successful. The Game Dev Tycoon allows you to establish a company that is started in a garage. Then you will follow its rise to the top. With this game, your kid’s creativity will be put to the test, and he can also learn about money and business management.
- Price:The game is available on Steam for $9.99.
- Kids-Friendly:The game is rated E for Everyone and is suitable for kids of all ages.
- Websites: https://store.steampowered.com/app/239820/Game_Dev_Tycoon/
Kids can learn about the balance of nature and politics when they play this game. In this game, you will start as a single-celled organism, give life to brand new species, and develop into the universe’s most dominant creatures. Your creatures grow and interact with other civilizations via various society and biology stages.
- Price:The game is available on Steam for $19.99.
- Kids-Friendly:Spore is rated E for Everyone and is generally considered kid-friendly, although there is some cartoon violence.
- Websites: https://store.steampowered.com/app/17390/SPORE/
Additionally, you can Steam games like Scrap Mechanic, Blokify, Lightbot and Lightbot Jr., Planeteers, and Minecraft Edu.
Other guide related to Steam games you may also like:
Why do Parents need to Pick Steam Games for Kids?
Although there are games available for kids on Steam, the target market of the gaming platform is mostly on more mature gamers. So, it is best to select the games you want your kids to play on Steam for them. One of the primary reasons why you should pick kids’ steam games as parents is to prevent your children from playing provocative video games and other age-inappropriate games.Also, if your kids prefer to play steam vr games, here is a guide on how to set parental controls on steam vr and other vr devices.
Even though Steam offers parental controls and age requirement games, kids will always find a way to bypass the restrictions and have access to some games that are not good for them. For example, there is an anime video game called Peach Beach Splash on Steam, where girls wear string bikinis, and the objective of the players is to wet them with water guns. This is not educational and suited for children as they will be exposed to women wearing skimpy clothing.
Some of the other games that your young teenager can be exposed to if you don’t choose for them are Genital Jousting that shows penises everywhere, and Porno Studio Tycoon, where players create pornographic movies. Also, some games promote violence like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Active Shooter (a school shooter game that was taken down for violating the policy of Steam).
As a parent, you can beta test the games available for kids on Steam to see if it is safe for them or not. Some games will look innocent and educational at first glance or in the first level, but in the long run, you will find out that they could be filled with sexual and violent themes. If you can try the games out first and you are also diligent on what video games your kid play, you will be able to pick the best educational games on Steam and keep them safe.
How Can FamiSafe-Parental Control App Help for Kids to Enjoy Steam Game?
Although Steam offers a parental control called Family View, having a parental control app like FamiSafe can be a more reliable way to keep your children safe online and also enjoy steam games for kids. The app comes with features that help parents to be in full control of the application their child uses and the websites he/she visits.
Some of the FamiSafe features that can help are:
1. Screen time features – this feature allows parents to reward screen time to kids and block the device of your child anywhere you are. It means your kids can only use an app for the number of hours you schedule for them. Also, you will be able to monitor the number of hours your child spends on Steam or any other online app or platform per day, week, or month.
2. Block distracting apps – With a parental control app like FamiSafe, you can make your child more productive and less distracted. If you see that the app your child uses contains unhealthy information, you can block it by using the App Blocker & Usage feature. You can also receive an instant warning if your kid opens a blocked app.
- Web Filter & SafeSearch
- Screen Time Limit & Schedule
- Location Tracking & Driving Report
- App Blocker & App Activity Tracker
- YouTube History Monitor & Video Blocker
- Social Media Texts & Porn Images Alerts
- Works on Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, Chromebook
With the available Steam games for kids, your children can be exposed to new ideas and concepts like mixed media, coding, collaborative design, AI, coding, and more. Also, kids can learn concepts based on relatable real-world scenarios and in a multidisciplinary way. However, remember that you have to keep your kid safe as they play games on Steam, and there is no better way to do that than to make use of an efficient and reliable parental control app like FamiSafe.