How to Make a Private Story on SnapChat for Sharing?
How to Make a Private Story
- Social App Review
- Best texting app for kids
- ChatGPT Detectors
- ChatGPT Examples
- TikTok App Review for Parents
- ChatGPT Impact on Education
- Discord App Review
- Jailbreak ChatGPT
- Age for TikTok
- Dangerous Live broadcasting apps
- PopJam App Review for Parents
- Is Funimation Safe?
- Random video chat app
- Stranger chat apps review
- Anonymous chat apps for Teens
- Bigo live app review
- What is Clubhouse App?
- Is Google hangouts safe?
- Game Review
- Best free game for Kindle Fire
- Top Minecraft Discord Servers
- LoL Wild Rift review
- App Review: What is Friday Night Funkin?
- Is Subway Surfers Safe? App Review
- Elden Ring Game Review
- Is Smule safe？
- 8 Best Discord Fortnite Servers to Join for Free
- Bitlife app review
- Is Minecraft good for kids？
- What is Overwatch?
- Other Reviews
Snapchat app is one of the most widely used messaging app to share information, especially pictures and videos. It allows you to share these information with ease to your families and friends. Snapchat has a lot of features on it but in this article, I will be focusing on the private story feature and show you how to make a private story. Before going into detail, I will like to explain what the Snapchat private story means.
What are Private Stories on Snapchat?
Private stories on Snapchat are stories that you have control over when you post them on the social media app. You can determine which person on your Snapchat list can view them and which ones can't. Just like the Whatsapp status, Snapchat private stories have a limited time between which it would be available and then disappear. The time taken for a Snapchat private story to disappear is just 24-hours. Mind you, these stories are in the form of pictures and videos (called snaps); hence no texts and you can create as much as possible.
This article is written mainly to educate you as a Snapchat user on how to make your private story available for sharing so other users who are on your friend list can view it. But how is it possible to make a Snapchat private story? To do this, keep reading:
How to Make a Private Story
There are two different ways by which you can create a Snapchat private story. You can either do this from your profile or the main Snapchat tab. A detailed explanation of how these two processes can be achieved is given below.
Method 1: Make Snapchat Private Stories From The SnapChat Tab
Snapchat tab is a tab on the Snapchat application where you can activate your device camera for you to take photos or record videos. For you to locate where this feature is, tap the circle button at the bottom of any tab, or you can swipe right or left the conversation tab. Once this is done, take the following steps listed below:
- Record a video or snap a picture on the Snapchat tab. And if you don't wish to do any of these but want to upload a picture you can select from your gallery.
- Click on the arrow button located at the bottom right.
- At the top right corner of the Stories table, click + Custom.
- Click ‘Private’. What would appear next is a list showing all your friends arranged in the order- Best Friends, Recents, Groups, and Friends. Select the friends you want to view your Private Story.
- Click the ‘Creat Story’ button at the bottom right for you to post your Private Story, and this will appear under the fields of friends you’ve selected.
Private Stories that you posted are different from My Stories. You will find a padlock icon that is absent on My Stories located on Private Stories. Your friend will view both the Private Stories and My Stories you posted together.
Method 2: Make Snapchat Private Story from Your Profile
Access your profile dashboard by clicking on your picture when you log in to Snapchat. Create your Private Stories by taking the following steps:
- On your profile page, click the + New Story button located beside the Stories label and choose Private Story
- Select the friends you want to view your Private Story, then tap the Create Story button located at the bottom right.
Now your Private Story is available for the friends you’ve selected. To edit, or add more friends to the selected ones, you can do these:
Tips:From the last step for both ways of creating a Private Story, you can take the following step that will be listed below.
- Choose the Private Story you want to edit by clicking on ‘Private Story Name’, then enter Private Story name.
- Click ‘View this Story’ if should in case you need to add more friends you’ve not added before.
- To add more videos and photos to your Private Story, locate the three vertical dots at the right of the Private Story Name on your profile, then you tap the 'Add to Story' button.
You can always make changes to anything you post on your Private Story without any stress. All you need to do is enter your profile dashboard, locate and click the three vertical dots found beside the Private Story name. From there you can do any editing or changes.
Is Snapchat Safe for your Kids?
Despite the fact that this application is used globally, not all the features developed on it are appropriate for teens. Snapchat is created for teens so they can interact and have fun with their friends over the internet. But as we all know, teens tend to practice whatever they see; hence parents need to monitor their kids.
Ways to Protect Your Kids from Possible Harm
- Keep an eye on who your children are sharing the story with.Kids are young and vulnerable to online predators. Some online predators may manage to get your kids' trust and ask your kids to share their personal information via the Private Story section. It is parents' responsibility to take care of their kids.
- Discuss what can be shared on Private Story with kids.Have a talk with your kids to make sure they will not expose their pesonal information like social insurance number, home address, school name in their Private Story.
- Ask your kids to share their Private Story with you. You can ask your kids and see if they agree to share their Private Story with you. This way, you can check the photos/videos they posted and talk to them if they have shared anything inappropriate.
Teenagers love to share their life online with their friends, should it be Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat or TikTok. Making a Snapchat Private Story is a popular method, yet parents will need to keep a close eye on how they use this feature to keep them safe.
- Web Filtering
- Location Tracking & Geo-fencing
- App Blocker & App Activity Report
- Screen Time Limit & Schedule
- Explicit Content & Suspicious Photos Detection